Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
domdom92
Spotter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by domdom92 »

Impossible to make the competition of today has cause of the sound problem on Whiterime Ridge
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I just did the WRR competition, no sound problem. Everything went as usual
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

I uninstalled theHunter. I deleted all files from theHunter folder. I downloaded a fresh install for the launcher. Installed. Downloaded the full game. Launched, patched. Started a Whiterime hunt and the same pulsing tonal noise is there. No environmental sounds whatsoever and the audio controller has zero effect on the pulsing tonal noise.

Would theHunter staff address this please?

Yes, I filed a ticket on theHunter.com Support page.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Alena during weekend i hunt with out scarf and my warm protection dramaticly changed (i stay ok longer)... also when i take arid camo gloves help me little (with outback camo clothes)... One question what is better in warm? Empty hands or gloves? Im sure we both know :) But must say i still need better camo+warm protection... after 3 hours RL and 3 uses of bottle i fall down... 3 hours is not so bad but for me is not enough. Especially when i after 30 min (with protected outback outfit) get for me this annoying picture waves. Did you plan any special camo with 100% resiste vs. warm? Now to the reserve: Pls make bridge on the north accessible. Can we have fast travel trough tunels like in Timbergold Trails? Missing clues is rare thing... i think its not so huge like it sound. Only one i found something like this. My little hint... make some little tree house and Crusoe flatbot :) Will be fine to found something like that. From Sunday i realy like this new reserve... you make great and good job on it... i see lot of love and patient with this new reserve... some tweaks and will be perfect. Definitly we have new great reserve full of animals. Thank you.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I add my little contribution for the feedback.
The reserve should be inspired by the tropical environment but it is not.
Appears to be devoid of vegetation in the underbrush he trees are very few.
There are inadequate colors on plants, the Palm tree with heart shaped leaves, for example, is very shiny, should be a bit darker.
The undergrowth should be overgrown, rotten branches and leaves, instead you see the bare ground.
The Creek where moving water is too deep, in some places the water arrives at the neck and the velocity of the water is too strong.
Within the streams there should be many stones, the water would pass through the stones so as to slow down.
The animals are fantastic, I really appreciated the gesture, especially the male sambar deer and rusa deer, is gorgeous.
The sounds are good, the effect of storms is very well done.
To me it seems that the development of this reserve has been rushed, it seems there's passion in this work.
Timbergold Trails is of a higher standard, no comparison with this reserve.
I am convinced that the reserve will improve soon, as it doesn't look like a tropical reserve.
Details of some inconsistencies:
This plant (Photo 1) has leaves too glossy or moves abnormally, he seems to be sitt's water.
This plant (Photo 2) looks like the leaves lie against based on, as if they were two separate things.
This is how it should be (Photo 3).
The River in some places reaches neck and is too fast (Photo 4).
The vegetation is inadequate to be a tropical reserve (Photo 5).

Generally the color of plants seems fake, not as they are in reality.

The translation was done by google, for any failure to contact them. :P

Image Image

Image Image

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Gewehrwolf wrote:Btw, it would be nice to have a list of the permitted ammo for the new species, especially the bovine ones. And it would have been even nicer if that list had been published with the release.
I agree, however one can easily check this already with some effort - you simply go to the store, open ammo tab, and check the list of permitted species for given ammo. ;) Ok, it takes some time to complete a list for a single species this way, but it is doable. From other hand, there still can be changes to this list before it will become "stable", I suppose.

While maybe .300 ammo is used IRL for such big game, I think it makes sense from gameplay (and financial) perspective to exlude this cartridge from permitted list. Don't take me wrong - aside of free stuff, I have only Stambecco and 12ga pump-action shotgun, so this leaves me without possibility to hunt buffalos too at the moment. But I think this is allright. Especially, when we take into consideration, that we hunt dangerous animal on relatively short distances, so I suppose that projectile diameter takes priority over external ballistics and penetration capabilities - they should be just enough on short range, but more important is to put down animal as fast as possible. But I agree on 9.3x62 mm, being aware for what it was designed IRL.

Gewehrwolf wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:Here's what we are going to do in our next patch:
- Tweak all the clothes values to make the system more consistent and forgiving. Following the feedback here, jeans, cowboy hats and all Sneaky 3D Summer and Arid camo clothes, including gloves and scarves (the latter ones were our bad, sorry!) will get high warm weather protection, if it has been missing. Moustaches will be changed to give no effect whatsoever (right now they are warming you up a little bit).
- Change the store descriptions to make the system more clear: High for the best possible clothes for warm weather, Low for not-so-good, and None for worst choice (think warm winter clothes).

Regarding the heat stroke effect< we would like to first make sure that everyone is experiencing the same consistent gameplay with the tweaked clothes values and if a lot of players still feel that the effect is driving them insane, we'll look into how to make it more subtle.

We are also working hard on fixing other bugs, such as sunglasses & glasses being broken, Rusa deer antlers being weird when they are dead, Sambar and Rusa stats mix-up and more.
Again, no offense, but I need to point it out anyway : There already is a large amount of bugs known for quite some time that weren't fixed and it was always rumored that has to do with the team beeing busy creating the new reserve. Now that it's there, your list of things to fix is getting longer. And while doing that, you'll prepare the next event, map, item or whatever. See where this will lead to when company keeps going on like this? To a growing amount of bugs, and to a point in spacetime where you won't be able to make up any more, giving the impression that both funds and personell seem to be limited. I've seen games dying or not even beeing finished because of this and I realy don't want that to happen to theHunter. Since it has become one of my favourite games and I don't think I'm the only one here who would say so.
That of course is also because you and the whole Dev team are making a great job here. Just trying to say that you should handle some things a little more thoroughly and patiently when you want to keep giving the community a professional impression.
I agree with you a lot, but I guess that revisitting some old bugs/issues with are not really game-braking is simply less profitable, than new items/features. And this might be the cause of situation - but I only guessing.

Good hunting! :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I would like to confirm the 'tonal' noise on WRR. The map is unplayable, just when there is a comp there. I turned my sound off and played without it. It was weird. I'm going to try to delete and re-install the game this morning to see if that helps as Jimbo Crow mentioned.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Really strange- I had a hunt on there last night, nothing different for me, all good.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I would like to confirm the 'tonal' noise on WRR. The map is unplayable, just when there is a comp there. I turned my sound off and played without it. It was weird. I'm going to try to delete and re-install the game this morning to see if that helps as Jimbo Crow mentioned.
Could it be a windows version problem? My friends has no sound-problem (win10)? I have the problem (Win7).
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I deleted the game, and re-installed. Still getting the tonal pulsating sound. Really loud. Tried to record it..it doesn't go on to the sound track of the recording, at least not with Shadow Play. Windows 7. Jimbo Crow, could you give me a step by step what you did, please?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”