Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
lowby
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by lowby »

Could not pick up tracks that was in the water not sure if it had anything to do with me killing the deer before trying to pick them up, on the ground there was no problem tho.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

An error occured
Download of torrent data failed.

Please see the support section for more information.
Anything I can do about it?

Zaitzev82 wrote: 9.3x62 Anschütz not permitted on Buffalo? Are you serious EW?
Yes, they probably are. Seriously ridiculous. THE classical Africa cartridge not permitted on water buffaloes is already quite funny, but it being permitted on Bison just makes it weird. It's one thing to not make any sense when comparing EHR restriction with RL, but when it doesn't even make sense as a cross comparison in game, then it's plain strange at best.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Alderman

Post by Alderman »

Knut wrote:
An error occured
Download of torrent data failed.

Please see the support section for more information.
Anything I can do about it?
Try again. Took me three attempts until the launcher update succeeded.

Thanks for the update and the new reserve. Looking forward to having a look or two to it.

However such a big release on Thursday? Courageous approach people at EW obviously
Last edited by Alderman on December 14th, 2017, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Well after this patch is .300 most universal rifle in the game :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

nice to see its launched gutted cant play it till tomorrow (pc blew last week and was sent away to be checked,back tomorrow :D ) just read through and seen the recommended specs update. thats quite a big jump from what it was previously. would be nice to know what has changed recently for such a big leap.i havent noticed much graphically change so just wondered why recommended is a older i7 now and a 760 gtx or above.that is probably double what it was previously.

animals look great and so does the reserve.cant wait to try it out 8-)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:nice to see its launched gutted cant play it till tomorrow (pc blew last week and was sent away to be checked,back tomorrow :D ) just read through and seen the recommended specs update. thats quite a big jump from what it was previously. would be nice to know what has changed recently for such a big leap.i havent noticed much graphically change so just wondered why recommended is a older i7 now and a 760 gtx or above.that is probably double what it was previously.
I didn't think there was a recommended spec before. I thought they only ever published a minimum spec.
John_Cowboy

Post by John_Cowboy »

Knut wrote:
Zaitzev82 wrote: 9.3x62 Anschütz not permitted on Buffalo? Are you serious EW?
Yes, they probably are. Seriously ridiculous. THE classical Africa cartridge not permitted on water buffaloes is already quite funny, but it being permitted on Bison just makes it weird. It's one thing to not make any sense when comparing EHR restriction with RL, but when it doesn't even make sense as a cross comparison in game, then it's plain strange at best.
Color me confused as well. Especially since the smaller 8x57 is permitted for all new species including water buffalo. Maybe it's just a mixup? There is a 9.3x62 Over/Under planned after all, IIRC, and I would expect the next new gun to work with the new reserve....
reinholt12
Spotter

Post by reinholt12 »

Quick question - is melanistic for Banteng just a fur variation?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

caledonianblues wrote:
ronMctube wrote:nice to see its launched gutted cant play it till tomorrow (pc blew last week and was sent away to be checked,back tomorrow :D ) just read through and seen the recommended specs update. thats quite a big jump from what it was previously. would be nice to know what has changed recently for such a big leap.i havent noticed much graphically change so just wondered why recommended is a older i7 now and a 760 gtx or above.that is probably double what it was previously.
I didn't think there was a recommended spec before. I thought they only ever published a minimum spec.
no it has only been minimum before.you are right but those specs now listed are the recommended for COTW ;) . so i was wondering what has changed ? seems a little high in comparision to call of the wild for eg.
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

caledonianblues wrote:
Hey! Any news if Martin managed to find the fix on FPS drops since that Halloween build?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”