Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by Pittie »

Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

neonpossum wrote:Tried to play this map before and my PC is way too slow for it, I'm disappointed. I have zero trouble with any of the other reserves besides TgT. I might try on my laptop though!

Also I hot a water buffalo with a .300 and got unpermitted hit :( Does anyone know permitted ammo for the various species?
Yes, lots of people know. The way they found out was a message from Doc when they shot one with the wrong weapon. You should have got the same message on the one you shot with the .300. Or they looked in the store at each weapon they own, and what it was ethical for. I hope this answers your question.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Pappy1
Spotter

Post by Pappy1 »

Possible bug on Piccabeen Bay. I followed Hoocares advice and used a tree root to gain elevation. Laid down and crawled up on tree root to shoot Rusa deer. After shooting it attempted to get up and I am now trapped between to roots of the same tree. While I should be able to step out at the lower part of the roots, I can not. I have attempted everything to leave and am now waiting until time to move to a resort. Had just transported shortly before. This tree is at x-4745/y-7413
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Djehmli wrote: The ferns blow in a wind properly, but these palmettos have a 'ripple blurring water like' effect applied to mimic wind force. With graphics on high where the very nice leaf detail is obvious, this 'water ripple distortion' used to mimic wind is eye jarring. I can almost physically see the water drop filter distortion bubble applied to these. If they were a water plant placed in the river their movement would make sense.

Critters - the water buffalo AI is too complacent. For a trial I shot at a pig that was standing right next to a WB and missed, the WB just stood there chewing cud while the pig ran off.

Sound and weather - excellent - water - excellent - ambience - excellent, most critter animations, very good.
TGT, WRR, WH and VDB will still remain my goto maps though.

(even with Whitehart being the first map, it feel more 'real' graphic wise than this new map, at least to me)
I wonder now that you mentioned this, if that is what I was seeing when I thought it was the beginning of heat exhaustion. The trees swayed in a dizzying dance and made me feel as tho' I was losing my equilibrium. If that is what has caused some of us to feel sick, I guess you could say we were wrong to think that it was the onset of heat exhaustion. I'm glad you posted this, it is what I believe I was seeing. Indeed that issue needs to be fixed somehow, someway. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

I have the same overheating problem as some people in here. Hawkeye in other thread suggested me to take the scarf off, but that didn't make much of the difference. I too get the ripple effect in the top 2 corners in about 10 in-game min and Im using a new tropical clothes. In about 1 ingame hour character starts to breathe heavily, the ripple effect covers a big part of the screen and it makes me dizzy. I never got a message telling me to take the drink. So far I had 2 hunts in the new reserve and I don't want to come back there. Very disappointed as I wasted Em$ on clothes for reserve that makes me feel sick. I wonder can I get Em$ refund for them. Some people suffer a lot after WRR release (I was lucky that time to not have many crashes), now it looks like its my turn to suffer. Thats why this release in its current state is the worst one for me.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

BuiuRei wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:One question to people wearing correct clothes and experiencing a heat stroke approaching way too fast - are you by any chance also wearing scarves and / or moustaches?
I was wondering: what is the effect of gloves? Since Outback has no gloves (never understood why), I'm using Doc Monsignor's gloves, which are "none".
Does wearing a "low" one improves things or are we restricted to arid/tropical camo regarding cloves?
On a little update on this, it seems that it does matter: changed the gloves from monsignor (none) to basic black (low) and hunted for 90 ingame minutes until I needed water, even though I sprinted several times.
Spoiler:
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

I really wanted to like this map. Unfortunately many have stated why it's not quite up to the standard much better than I can, and I agree with them.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Djehmli wrote: The ferns blow in a wind properly, but these palmettos have a 'ripple blurring water like' effect applied to mimic wind force. With graphics on high where the very nice leaf detail is obvious, this 'water ripple distortion' used to mimic wind is eye jarring. I can almost physically see the water drop filter distortion bubble applied to these. If they were a water plant placed in the river their movement would make sense.
I've noticed that, too. Very unnatural and weird looking effect.
BCKidd wrote: I wonder now that you mentioned this, if that is what I was seeing when I thought it was the beginning of heat exhaustion. The trees swayed in a dizzying dance and made me feel as tho' I was losing my equilibrium. If that is what has caused some of us to feel sick, I guess you could say we were wrong to think that it was the onset of heat exhaustion. I'm glad you posted this, it is what I believe I was seeing.
The two things are very well discernable.
This waving leaves are only the heart shaped palmettos that form the underbrush.
When the trees are swinging in a dizzying dance, it's the dehydration effect and it immediately stops with sipping water.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Eraser_SK wrote:
Zaitzev82 wrote:Map looks great, already seen a few animals. But, 9.3x62 Anschütz not permitted on Buffalo? Are you serious EW?
Take .300 ... its enough.
Not at all! ;)
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Very helpful, thank you!

MfG L.E.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”