Holiday Event 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Holiday Event 2017

Post by fantamichele »

armyeric wrote:
Mills wrote:I'm assuming Rudolph is in this year? Can anyone confirm yet? Wouldn't mind hangin' him on my wall! :twisted:
Yes, Rudolph is in this year I took one down in Red Feather Falls
You took a white-tailed deer albino
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Airborne WT Ptarmigans are not counted as Rock Ptarmigans for me, i shot them with the pump shotgun Cal.12.
Anybody else as the same problem ? i made a try with another weapon.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

armyeric wrote:
Mills wrote:I'm assuming Rudolph is in this year? Can anyone confirm yet? Wouldn't mind hangin' him on my wall! :twisted:
Yes, Rudolph is in this year I took one down in Red Feather Falls
They have had red nosed reindeer (which only roam Hemmeldal) in the game for the past two years. The question was whether they are out there again. We should learn if that is the case soon enough when a holiday mission or competition brings everyone to Hemmeldal. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Pittie wrote:Only day 2 and at this stage Ptarmigan. Fun is going for me. How I hate Ptarmigan. I will quit this event.
Nobody is making you shoot Ptarmigan?
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

FR_Bugs wrote:Airborne WT Ptarmigans are not counted as Rock Ptarmigans for me, i shot them with the pump shotgun Cal.12.
Anybody else as the same problem ? i made a try with another weapon.
Weapon should not matter. Just checked the code and all the ptarmigans are there and should give you jollyPoints. Only airborne, of course, I've now added this requirement to the tier list. We will need to look into why they are not counting for you on Monday, are you sure it's not just a delay in registering points?
DYEUZ wrote:Thx for the update and event .
I see Rudolph on the banner of the event . Has he come back ?
Not yet, but we are expecting his arrival some time during this event.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Pittie wrote:Only day 2 and at this stage Ptarmigan. Fun is going for me. How I hate Ptarmigan. I will quit this event.
Sure, a friend could shoot it for me, but it doesn't count for a competition.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Pittie wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
Sure, a friend could shoot it for me, but it doesn't count for a competition.
Actually I can't even talk... chicken parmigiana aren't my fav thing to hunt :lol: maybe we can grab a drink and chill in the lodge today :D
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

I couldn't find those wretched little birds to save my life last night lol, guess I'm heading back out again today. Figures I finally join a competition and the first thing is one of those impossible (for me, I'm visually impaired and slow lol) lil birds! Can anyone recommend a good hot spot for the little buggers? Any tips? :P
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Epona142 wrote:I couldn't find those wretched little birds to save my life last night lol, guess I'm heading back out again today. Figures I finally join a competition and the first thing is one of those impossible (for me, I'm visually impaired and slow lol) lil birds! Can anyone recommend a good hot spot for the little buggers? Any tips? :P
I had a hard time before I finally got one too. One problem for me is that once I'm hearing those quiet chirping noises that indicate ptarms are within render range, I can't seem to locate them. Calls and footsteps usually work very well with my 7.1 headset, but those ptarmigan sounds seem to be "ambient" and coming from everywhere. Only when I get closer (like closer than 100 meters) and those funny, louder ptarmigan noises can be heard, I can locate them via audio.

I think they can be everywhere in the mountains, I found my flock on the northwestern reserve border where there's a large area with rocks and not too many trees that block sight. As soon as you find tracks or hear their noises, stay in the area and look for them or listen if you hear the wings flapping. They rarely call, but sometimes they do and give away their position.
Image Image Image
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

Thanks Tanngnjostr! Can always count on my fellow goat lover of course :)

I'll find one of those suckers and blast it from the sky even if it takes all 90 of my birdshot shells LOL

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”