Status Update 24th November 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Sheldon
Spotter

Re: Status Update 24th November 2017

Post by Sheldon »

If the reserve images are the final product we'll be seeing in-game then I'm disappointed by the look. Things look plastic and fake, a little too sharp and crisp, and as if assets were just plopped down on top of flat plain ground texture instead of looking like they're embedded in it/growing out of it. It makes me think of tabletop gaming miniatures/environment. I hope you take all feedback into consideration before release, thanks for the preview.
@J_Birdman:
I'm all in your opinion. The forest does not look good! This is not Australia!
It is very plastic. In contrast to the other maps, really bad. Take a look at what you have done in the past maps (like Timbergold Trails or all other maps)! And now you offer us something like that? This is really scary!
(If you remove the palm trees, you might think it would be Whitehart Island)
The ground looks like swept! Especially there, the ground should be full of dead leaves!
There are far too few plant species to recognize. no variation, no rank plants, Lianas,...
But one has thrown almost only existing plants together. That's why it does not work well!
Also, the rock used seems to be wrong! There are so many mistakes here in this 3 pictures... EW should be ashamed to present us this map!

The flora has to be revised significantly. With love you did not create the card, but rather quickly ...
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Agree on the feral hog. Please have goats, rabbits or some other invasive critter, we've enough squealers on the other maps.

Rusa & Sambar!!! Damn, Christmas came early this year <3

Roby53
Spotter

Post by Roby53 »

Sheldon wrote:
If the reserve images are the final product we'll be seeing in-game then I'm disappointed by the look. Things look plastic and fake, a little too sharp and crisp, and as if assets were just plopped down on top of flat plain ground texture instead of looking like they're embedded in it/growing out of it. It makes me think of tabletop gaming miniatures/environment. I hope you take all feedback into consideration before release, thanks for the preview.
@J_Birdman:
I'm all in your opinion. The forest does not look good! This is not Australia!
It is very plastic. In contrast to the other maps, really bad. Take a look at what you have done in the past maps (like Timbergold Trails or all other maps)! And now you offer us something like that? This is really scary!
(If you remove the palm trees, you might think it would be Whitehart Island)
The ground looks like swept! Especially there, the ground should be full of dead leaves!
There are far too few plant species to recognize. no variation, no rank plants, Lianas,...
But one has thrown almost only existing plants together. That's why it does not work well!
Also, the rock used seems to be wrong! There are so many mistakes here in this 3 pictures... EW should be ashamed to present us this map!

The flora has to be revised significantly. With love you did not create the card, but rather quickly ...
I thought the same thing, seems whiteheart island whit some palm tree and more artificial appearance.
At first sight it's disappointing for me, but they are only small previews , maybe at lower resolution, and its difficult to give a definitve judgment before to try it.
Alderman

Post by Alderman »

Thanks for that update and that ninja code fix for the unexpected downtime. Guess the morning after that downtime was kinda stressful for coding and QA folks. S**t happens sometimes...

I'm really looking forward to that new reserve and of course the new species you will be putting there. And I assume, that we can expect some new heavy artillery for those mighty bovine, right?
But those feral hogs....again? Seriously?
Yes, they are obviously a pest everywhere they invade, but slowly but surely they become a pest in this virtual environment, too.

I would recommend not to make too much hassle about the optics on those screenshots regarding "oh it looks soooo plastic!!" We have no idea how progressed the coding is (some kind of alpha state, maybe even just in the early internal beta testing or whatsoever). First make it work, then make it pretty.
Whereas, as far as I remember for the last couple of new reserves: when the community was asked for name brainstorming, the release of the new reserve wasn't that far down the road anymore.

Anyway, I'm off to the shop now....that's probably going to be daaaaaaamn expensvive..... ;)
Mahina

Post by Mahina »

Still no Axis deer? ;(
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Wow, i must say I'm shocked with the species list, pretty cool great choices. Would of been nice to fit chital somewhere in there though as rusa and sambar are very similar. (like mule and blacktail)

I hope you don't literally mean sambar will be on the beaches, because sambar prefer really thick bush, I've been none the less of 10m away from one honking at me and couldn't see it and then heard the thumping of it running away with only see the tip of its head. As for honking, sambar honk when they sense something is not right, and its super loud. Vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTaSEwAQNM0

I hope they establish the correct differences between sambar and rusa as there quite similar,but different is size, appearance and behavior. Here is a list of differences that should be implemented.

Rusa
- Smaller than sambar
- Stags roar
- White patch under neck
- Reddish Roan colour
- Antlers grow differently, there is a brow tine which is curved and then the antler grows on an angle until the first tine, after that it goes straight up and ends as the second tine
- males can travel in 'bachelor' groups

Sambar -
- Much larger
- Dark Brown Colour
- Noticeable scent gland on cheek when up close
- Male and Female honk as a warning call
- Solitary or in small groups when in thick bush, can gather in large number in the open to feed.
- Antlers grow wider, different to rusa in the sense that the second and third tine split much higher up the antler.
- Antlers are not hollow, there solid and very heavy
- prefer thick bush with gullies, come out in the open to feed
- wallow

also rapped to see gum trees in the screenshots unlike BRR, but concerned as to what the other trees might be that widen at the base. If its done correctly the reserve will be awesome, with all the antlers and horns. I think feral hogs was the easy way to implement another species. I'm sure dingoes would have been much more appreciated.

I'm used to hunting sambar in mountains that are a fair way from the beach. I don't want to see those beautiful deer running in sand and drinking saltwater :lol:
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Not sure why there is so much complaining about species/look of new reserve. Ok so they are giving you 4 brand new species (2 bovids and 2 deer species) to hunt plus feral hog which would belong in the swamps beside water buffalo anyway. This reserve also looks like it will be one of the most stunning as well. I mean lets give some credit where its due. This is just the first few pics and they are WIP. Cant wait to stalk one of these beasts:

Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Don't care about the hogs and I much hope for the deer to have callers.
With all the recently added species without any lures esp. (Grizzly Bear, Dall sheep, Big Horn Sheep) I might get tired pretty quick of an animal you can only stalk. The Bovines should be big enough to not need any lures though.
Instead of Hogs we could have had Guinea Fowl in the edge of the forrest or ducks in the swamp. Would round the map a bit more up.

Anyway I spent my last EMs in the sale will propably have to buy new ones before christmas.
I'm just a sucker for this game.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

This is seriously some good stuff ! Two new Deer Species - and looking at their real life counterpart on Google i really like the looks of them. Cant wait to hunt those. The Reserve itself looks beautiful already on the Screenshots.
I am not too excited for the 2 "Cows" , sorry :lol: , but maybe i change my mind when i actually come across them ingame :D Deer and Elk are just my absolute favorite Animals to hunt - especially Mule so far + i am still totally in love with our latest addition Bobcats. Hope we get another Cat after this Reserve is finished in the near future. (Hopefully something big and dangerous)

Really nice Status Update ! Great Job as always. Hope we dont have to wait for it too long now - but on the other hand take all the time u need to properly finish and test it so it reaches perfection ! :) The Hype will only grow stronger until then i guess haha :lol:

And thanks for the Sale going on !
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
DarkLord wrote:Please no more feral hogs. I'm willing to deal with a somewhat empty reserve until you guys can come up with something better to put in there.
Well, if they take the opportunity to revamp the feral hog with the new textures they can do now, I'm all for it!
Careful what you wish for.

I think the re-vamped Brown and Black Bears are terrible. Can't tell if you have a fur variation until you see it on the stats page after the game closes. Before, if it was a silver-tipped Brown Bear, it was obvious, and the same with Albino. Before, if it was cinammon, blonde, or glacier Black Bear it was obvious. The fur is cool, just not colored correctly.
Won't argue taste but for me, overall, they're much better now.
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”