Game & Status Updates 26th October 2017 - Halloween and Trophy Lodge Customization!

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Slatkus
Hunter

Re: Game & Status Updates 26th October 2017 - Halloween and Trophy Lodge Customization!

Post by Slatkus »

TreeKiwi wrote: Its only the wind sound mate. No pumpkins in sight on other reserves :)
Bringing pumpkins smell? :)

Thank you for information mate.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Game & Status Updates 26th October 2017 - Halloween and Trophy Lodge Customization!

Post by TreeKiwi »

Slatkus wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote: Its only the wind sound mate. No pumpkins in sight on other reserves :)
Bringing pumpkins smell? :)

Thank you for information mate.
No problem and I think I might be wrong actually... I'm on Hemmeldal now and so far I haven't heard the wind. But I have heard it on WHI.

Happy Hunting!

:)
Riumma
Spotter

Post by Riumma »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Riumma wrote:Help me, I have a problem with halloween 2017 missions !!

After finishing the first two missions, I activated the third one who asks me to hit a grizly under 13 m, I activated it, no problem, but I killed three under thirty feet while I was attacked but did not unlock my fourth mission !!
It's the first time I've been here for more than two years and I do not know what to do ... I really want to have this event ... HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!!
Hello Riumma,
I just checked your hunt histories and the last three grizzly bears that you killed aren't shown as "charging" in the score sheet - one is shown as "idle", two as "walking". Are you sure they were attacking you?
Hi Tanngnjostr, thanks for the reply.
I hit the last grizly at 4.09m (13.42ft) just before he killed me.
I do not understand why I'm "walking". I'm going for the others ..
I've taken so many guys to attack me even before this event, I know how it works.
I will try for the last time ... hope for good. I'm worried
Thanks anyway.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I have also completed all of the Halloween Missions and thought they were AMAZING!!! THANKS EW for doing this for us this year and for the COOL Werewolf Trophy and T-Shirt! Took some pretty nice pictures of this 2017 Halloween Event as well. Just wish we could have SHOT that darn Werewolf though and got a Trophy Shot of him. he he

Wetland :D
Theocrates

Post by Theocrates »

So I haven't tried the customization yet but have been hunting on TGT for the missions. I got the first 2 down with so minimal trouble but the third (bear mish) is driving me bonkers. But not for being scared, but for being almost 50. See with my eyes and hearing as they are this event isn't leave me scared as much as scarred. The overall greywash really increases my eyestrain a great deal and frankly the constant wind etc in the background seems to me like hunting while someone blow dries their hair in the next room. After 30 minutes or so my eyes ache and I want to go yell at whoever is running that damn hair dryer to get off their ass and go air dry somewhere. Also with its very flat range of tones it washes out noise I already have trouble hearing in the first place. At this rate I'm literally going to turn off all the sound and run thru the woods with the 10ga hoping I fall over a bear.
Theocrates

Post by Theocrates »

Just wanted to add something to why I dislike the "grey" overlay in TGT during the event, while it reduces sight range for me it reduces clarity and forces things to blend a bit too much for me. I just shot my biggest Rocky Mountain Elk on TGT during the event, a top 20's leaderboard trophy and all I feel is disappointed. I couldn't even tell how big he was as he was coming in and I shot him within 10 or 15 meters. I walked over and checked the score and was like "Man, would have been really great to have been able to watch him come in." I tried to get a decent trophy shot but the only thing that looked remotely clear antler wise was the dam glacier setting. Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Riumma wrote:After finishing the first two missions, I activated the third one who asks me to hit a grizly under 13 m, I activated it, no problem, but I killed three under thirty feet while I was attacked but did not unlock my fourth mission !!
It's the first time I've been here for more than two years and I do not know what to do ... I really want to have this event ... HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!!
Just out of curiosity, at what point are you shooting the bear? If you shoot it when it stands up on its hind legs, chances are it won't count. In my experience it has to be running toward you, in the final stages of the attack.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I haven't finished the Halloween missions yet but I'm loving it so far. Wandering through the dark then out of nowhere very close to me the growl of a werewolf made me freeze and sent a chill down my spine! Very Halloween! Makes me want to do some night hunting with some NVG's ;o)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
sanorb

Post by sanorb »

Halloween is not in my culture and traditions. Moreover, I do not understand and I do not like the tetra atmosphere of death. Since I pay a subscription because I can't play the Hunter normally these days?
lx188
Scout

Post by lx188 »

so scary werewolf that sound is like horror movie!!! ;DD
and some *** moments in timber gold http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lx188/screenshots/

Halloween mission mayby was fun,but i am without member ship,so mayby next year ;((

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”