Game Update 7th June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hunter300
Spotter

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Post by Hunter300 »

Hunter300 wrote:I had the same problem after the update, but in my case with a mule deer. I kept running after its track and I would never get really closer, I didn't even see one "fleeing" clue. I also want to make point out to the developers (and others have pointed that out too in the past) that there is not just a tracking issue with bears, it affects multiple animals. I had the same issue (before the update) with a feral goat. So in my case I experienced it with bears, goats and now also mule deer.
I can add another species, this time the wolf, the hunter mate kept saying "roaming" no matter how fast I ran and I could never catch up with him, I give up after 15 min.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Thanks for all the reports about the "roaming" issue. It looks like the problem is not in the AI, like we thought. We will continue investigating.
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

I do a lott of tracking , in fact it is what I do moust and when I have problem to reach a tracking animal one of the reason are that the animal never got out of alert state and therefore detect the hunter following to Close.
As soon as I cool down and let the animal come out of alert state it is much easier to reach proper distanse. There are different behavie on the same animaltypes. There are a few grizleys that always runn away and are difficult to reach. But I atways get them in the end. 30-60 min tracking is not abnormal. I can see of the track when they got scared and how fare from the hunter they Detect him. I have newer found out why some are more scary than others under the same conditions only that it helps to be more patient as a hunter.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Hunter300 wrote:I can add another species, this time the wolf, the hunter mate kept saying "roaming" no matter how fast I ran and I could never catch up with him, I give up after 15 min.
This is true. But if you watch wolves that move undisturbed, you can see that they a´have generally a very high roaming speed unless they gather at a carcass for some time. It adds that they tend to cchase other animals from time to time - by which they run full speed. I do not even start to track wolves when I find a footprint. Only wounded wolves can be successfully tracked, at least if the received an eventually fatal hit. Healthy wolves cannot be reached.
Hunter300
Spotter

Post by Hunter300 »

MonacoSteve wrote:
Hunter300 wrote:I can add another species, this time the wolf, the hunter mate kept saying "roaming" no matter how fast I ran and I could never catch up with him, I give up after 15 min.
This is true. But if you watch wolves that move undisturbed, you can see that they a´have generally a very high roaming speed unless they gather at a carcass for some time. It adds that they tend to cchase other animals from time to time - by which they run full speed. I do not even start to track wolves when I find a footprint. Only wounded wolves can be successfully tracked, at least if the received an eventually fatal hit. Healthy wolves cannot be reached.
This one was wounded and I have tracked several wounded wolves (always a success,, except for one that left the reserve) and this one was most definitely bugged. I was constantly looking at a small solid circle on my hunter mate while running so the wolf should have noticed me and flee, but all I saw was "roaming" clues and the distance between me and the wolf never increased.

Tracking has been a drama for me lately on TGT. Last week I hit an elk, it ran off, but before I went after him, I picked up a wolf that was only 40 feet away and once I picked it up, my elk track (a few clues) disappeared on the huntermate (others have reported the same issue).

As for the mule deer that had the same issue as the wolf; that track went dead, even the dog couldn't find anything. I had the same issue with a bighorn this week, the track went completely dead. I let the dog sniff at the last blood spatter, but he would refuse to do anything, even after giving him the same command like 10 times. But when I let him sniff at the previous blood spatter, he would continue to track, but then he would halt again at the last blood spatter.

So the issue is not just about tracks that we can't keep up with, some tracks completely disappear when we bag another animal first, other tracks go completely dead, also confirmed by the dog, plus the issues don't just affect bears, as others have confirmed too.

I'm a HS 40,000+ player playing this game for 8 years and while tracking has never perfect, lately it's just more bugged than ever, especially on TGT, I even started to use the dog again that I haven't used in almost 8 months, just to make sure that I'm not missing any clues.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Hunter300 wrote:
MonacoSteve wrote:
This one was wounded and I have tracked several wounded wolves (always a success,, except for one that left the reserve) and this one was most definitely bugged. I was constantly looking at a small solid circle on my hunter mate while running so the wolf should have noticed me and flee, but all I saw was "roaming" clues and the distance between me and the wolf never increased.

Tracking has been a drama for me lately on TGT. Last week I hit an elk, it ran off, but before I went after him, I picked up a wolf that was only 40 feet away and once I picked it up, my elk track (a few clues) disappeared on the huntermate (others have reported the same issue).

As for the mule deer that had the same issue as the wolf; that track went dead, even the dog couldn't find anything. I had the same issue with a bighorn this week, the track went completely dead. I let the dog sniff at the last blood spatter, but he would refuse to do anything, even after giving him the same command like 10 times. But when I let him sniff at the previous blood spatter, he would continue to track, but then he would halt again at the last blood spatter.

So the issue is not just about tracks that we can't keep up with, some tracks completely disappear when we bag another animal first, other tracks go completely dead, also confirmed by the dog, plus the issues don't just affect bears, as others have confirmed too.

I'm a HS 40,000+ player playing this game for 8 years and while tracking has never perfect, lately it's just more bugged than ever, especially on TGT, I even started to use the dog again that I haven't used in almost 8 months, just to make sure that I'm not missing any clues.
This I can confirm over and over as it happens quite often.
There can be nothing said positive about the tracking issues.
It is not working right, also with the tracking vanishing problems.
This really needs to be looked into and fixed, and go over the codes with a fine toothed comb, line by line and find the culprit if need be.
We did not have tracking issues until WR was released with the vanishing tracks,..
Now after TgT release slow roaming problems which now effects other reserves and animals which I've had on Hemm with Roe deer and also Ptarmigan there.
It seems there is no limit to which animals or reserves this problem may take place.
This is very game immersion breaking when you know how it is supposed to work and it isn't.
Have a good 1.........................I hope

This is another post about the HM & tracking issues..... http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 18#p876640
Last edited by gas56 on June 9th, 2017, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

gas56 wrote: This I can confirm over and over as it happens quite often.
This really needs to be looked into and fixed, and go over the codes with a fine toothed comb, line by line and fine the culprit if need be.
We did not have tracking issues until WR was released with the vanishing tracks,..
Now after TgT release slow roaming problems which now effects other reserves and animals which I've had on Hemm with Roe deer and also Ptarmigan there.
It seems there is no limit to which animals or reserves this problem may take place.
This is very game immersion breaking when you know how it is supposed to work and it isn't.

This is another post about the HM & tracking issues..... http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 18#p876640
TT is full of bugs that I always reported, but no one has been included in the latest patch, after this patch the issues in TT have increased, old and new issues

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=80308
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=81342
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

1Al wrote:
This really needs to be looked into and fixed, and go over the codes with a fine toothed comb, line by line and fine the culprit if need be.

TT is full of bugs that I always reported, but no one has been included in the latest patch, after this patch the issues in TT have increased, old and new issues

Neither of those posts are bug reports, so technically, no, you haven't "reported" them. If you want any shot of bugs being seen by developers, use the Bug Report forums.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Hawkeye wrote:
1Al wrote:

Neither of those posts are bug reports, so technically, no, you haven't "reported" them. If you want any shot of bugs being seen by developers, use the Bug Report forums.
I wrote in the technical section of forum, the devs read it. How and where is bug report, give me a precise info or link
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

1Al wrote:I wrote in the technical section of forum, the devs read it. How and where is bug report, give me a precise info or link
Just because you posted in the Technical Issues section doesn't mean the devs read it. The Bug Report section is the only proper place to make sure that a dev will read it - though of course that doesn't necessarily mean that the bug instantly goes to high priority or that there is a quick fix.

You can find the "Bug Report" section here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewforum.php?f=128
You can find a good template to submit a bug here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=50305
And be aware that bug reports will have to be approved by a mod, they don't appear instantly.
Image Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”