Status Update 16th March 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RabbitRidge
Tracker

Re: Status Update 16th March 2017

Post by RabbitRidge »

Thanks very much for this: http://news.thehunter.com/hunter-score- ... rspective/
Helps clear many things up (I didn't even know about the web browser interface option), very good read.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I have a question from Luna:
Could this technical changes on the server and improve stability and performance fix some errors in multiplayer games? Error like: "Could not connect to host - Restart the game."

Thanks for the hard work. ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

baloo.the.dog wrote:just please let us be able to shoot them with .223!
Oh god yes! We need this!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HOSSEIN.D wrote:Could this technical changes on the server and improve stability and performance fix some errors in multiplayer games? Error like: "Could not connect to host - Restart the game."
No, since the inability to connect to a remote host is not an issue with the backend, but a network (most likely NAT) problem occuring between both endpoints.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Little bit off topic, while you guys are working on BRR, could you look at the map design itself. The railroad is cutting the map in half like a piece of cake, you get rocks in the fox area, and none in the Roo area. The animals are also split almost exactly on the railroad. Overall improvements would make BRR play a lot better.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Status Update 16th March 2017

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks for the update Alena.

Nice blog Luna. I understood pretty much nothing which could mean you actually are the behind the scenes wizard this company was in desperate need of for years. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Amazingly transparent look into the difficult processes involved in working with the old code, and a very interesting read. HS 2.0 introduced some improvements to the system for players, and some disappointments, but it almost looks like it was a necessary upgrade from a developer point of view.
Thank you Luna, and everyone else I'm sure. Really happy you are on the job, and taking down the bad code piece by piece. I can tell by your avatar that you are Batgirl! Very encouraging.

I don't know what it's like to hunt feral goats but I can't wait to try. I'm grateful for anything that will help BRR. The model looks good, but I sincerely hope they're a challenge to hunt, and can't just be run down, as I read they can be IRL. We have enough of those animals in the game already.

Thank you.
Last edited by JimboCrow on March 16th, 2017, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Good to see that there will be many fur types of the goats. They come in all kinds of fur. I've seen white, cream, grey, brown and black goats as well as mixed. There is plenty of fur variation. As for the horns most of the big billy's horns go straight up like a deer than go off to the side and form like a spiral like the image below. That is the most common horn type but there are others but are rarer.

Looking forward to them!

Also for more of an insight on these goats... watch this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-KlCjm2YQo&t=2s
:D
james200410

Post by james200410 »

Thanks for the update,

looking forward to the goats also ;)
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this update Staff and Devs. Many good things again and those Feral goats looks great.
Good job again :)
i agree with those who think that missions, skills and trophies should count in the new HS 2.0
Thank too for this new event, can't wait to see what you had done for this year.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”