Introducing the new Hunter Score

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Post by Hawkeye »

RabbitRidge wrote:All I can say: if any reach max without clear definition beforehand and/or the score system changes again...expect more unrest (Catch-22).
I don't see anybody maxing out on Treasures. As for the weapon/animal maxes, remember, that EW is always flexible to change this according to the environment. Remember that it was just a few years ago when everything was capped at 250.
RabbitRidge
Tracker

Post by RabbitRidge »

Not yet, but I do see 76%. Expect increased hard target searches going forward.

Edit: a smart player would leave the collectibles for last in the run up.
Last edited by RabbitRidge on March 15th, 2017, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Tod1d wrote:There have been a few people occupying the max HS (at the time). But then, as mentioned, the max goes up with new weapons & animals.

The current max score is 87,000 (3000 of which is collectibles). (that's 47,000 harvests). I do suspect we will see some players hit the max.

Honestly I was surprised, even with the 500 max that we didn't see more players jump to the max HS.
Not me, since players were using re-skins of weapons owned to increase HS instead of some standard weapon they don't own. It removes the leveling up process of the weapons when you use a re-skin, making it a logic choice to pick a re-skinned shotgun for ducks and geese,over a standard cableback bow for already maxed animals.

When the HS system was changed from 500 to 1000 and 4000 for waterfowl it was so players could advance further. I don't think it was really needed.
I would imagine all but very few players actually owned all the weapon, and even less had them maxed out.
Raising the HS criteria the first time allowed more re-skins to be sold and used instead of non-owned weapons. With that I am not surprised no player has the max for all species and weapon at the 500 number, and now the 1000 number. Maybe now they will buy the standard non owned weapons and try to gain points with them.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
Honestly I was surprised, even with the 500 max that we didn't see more players jump to the max HS.
Well, thats because those players spent that time on the forums complaining instead of in game hunting ;)
NOT saying it's not justified, but wow. This is a thread for the ages
No kiddin'. :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caribcanuk

Post by caribcanuk »

Hmmmmm What exactly are you trying to insinuate with this comment. Maybe now they will buy the standard non owned weapons and try to gain points with them.
Sounds like you inferring players who did buy the reskins somehow did something wrong. Well try again most who bought the reskins did so cause they already owned the standard weapons. Seems like the general idea here is buying reskins which were very clearly advertised as sharing the skill set of the original weapon and had a separate achievement that counted to your hs. Please explain how using the weapon in the advertised manner is an exploit or wrong and those who bought them and used them as advertised in the store page somehow deserve to be punished.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

caribcanuk wrote:Hmmmmm What exactly are you trying to insinuate with this comment. Maybe now they will buy the standard non owned weapons and try to gain points with them.
Sounds like you inferring players who did buy the reskins somehow did something wrong. Well try again most who bought the reskins did so cause they already owned the standard weapons. Seems like the general idea here is buying reskins which were very clearly advertised as sharing the skill set of the original weapon and had a separate achievement that counted to your hs. Please explain how using the weapon in the advertised manner is an exploit or wrong and those who bought them and used them as advertised in the store page somehow deserve to be punished.
It's hard to tell what a person is trying to get across sometimes with just text. And sometimes it is just flat out misinterpreted, but I didn't see where anyone said anything about an exploitation. I took it as a "tactic".
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

caribcanuk wrote:Hmmmmm What exactly are you trying to insinuate with this comment. Maybe now they will buy the standard non owned weapons and try to gain points with them.
caribcanuk, if you're going to respond to a specific comment from somebody, please use the Quote function so that everybody knows what post you're referring to. You'll find the quote button at the top right of every post.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
Well, thats because those players spent that time on the forums complaining instead of in game hunting ;)
NOT saying it's not justified, but wow. This is a thread for the ages
No kiddin'. :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.
I think the size and scope of this thread shows the level of interest that Hunterscore actually generates, and how much money is, or was, spent with that statistic in mind. I wonder if even EW was caught off guard by this. Raising the RANKS points cap limit suggests that they were.

I still believe they should take the original HS 1.0 scores, rename them ACHIEVEMENT points, and add them to the RANKS points totals to get one overall total called HUNTERSCORE. Then, as DHRifleman suggested in my thread about "HS 2.1," ACHIEVEMENT points could be given out for anything and everything as EW saw fit: missions, competitions, special events, etc. etc. The possibilities are endless. And no one would lose any of their existing points or be higher or lower on the Leaderboard for lost or devalued accomplishments. They would simply be adding actual harvest points to their original scores.

If EW did this, our original Hunterscores, renamed ACHIEVEMENT points, would only account for approximately 10% of our new total HUNTERSCORE, but would reset the Leaderboard order to the way it was, and be more fair to everyone. That's right, I said everyone.
caribcanuk

Post by caribcanuk »

Violator31 wrote:
It's hard to tell what a person is trying to get across sometimes with just text. And sometimes it is just flat out misinterpreted, but I didn't see where anyone said anything about an exploitation. I took it as a "tactic".
I agree the fact that text can be hard to interpret but tactic or otherwise player bought the reskinned weapons and used them with the understanding that was clearly posted in the store page that said reskin would share the skills with the parent weapon and have a separate achievement branch that counted towards their hs. After 2.0 if you had maxed out the parent weapon and bought a reskin prior to hs 2.0 you lost all the worked and time invested in the reskin . Is that fair to said players. They played by the rules only to be punished for doing so. Putting the blame on them for buying reskins to use as advertised is wrong. I own probably 98% of the weapons , I bought most when they were on sale . Have not used a lot of them they mostly for when I level one up I use another. As for reskins why should a person who prefers to use a winter camo weapon with his winter outfit have to sacrifice because of his choice . Have to wonder just how many reskinned weapons would of been sold prior to hs 2.0 if players knew this was going to happen. I wont buying anymore weapons or gear , ill use my gms till my membership runs out and I'm done. The game has lost it direction its about giving to the new players and guest whatever they want and give the longtime players absolutely nothing .Cant remember a single thing they gave members that they never gave guests. Have long term repeat members ever been offered any kinda of incentive to renew , I cant remember any since 2014 when I bought my first membership.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

caribcanuk wrote:
Violator31 wrote:
I agree the fact that text can be hard to interpret but tactic or otherwise player bought the reskinned weapons and used them with the understanding that was clearly posted in the store page that said reskin would share the skills with the parent weapon and have a separate achievement branch that counted towards their hs. After 2.0 if you had maxed out the parent weapon and bought a reskin prior to hs 2.0 you lost all the worked and time invested in the reskin . Is that fair to said players. They played by the rules only to be punished for doing so. Putting the blame on them for buying reskins to use as advertised is wrong. I own probably 98% of the weapons , I bought most when they were on sale . Have not used a lot of them they mostly for when I level one up I use another. As for reskins why should a person who prefers to use a winter camo weapon with his winter outfit have to sacrifice because of his choice . Have to wonder just how many reskinned weapons would of been sold prior to hs 2.0 if players knew this was going to happen. I wont buying anymore weapons or gear , ill use my gms till my membership runs out and I'm done. The game has lost it direction its about giving to the new players and guest whatever they want and give the longtime players absolutely nothing .Cant remember a single thing they gave members that they never gave guests. Have long term repeat members ever been offered any kinda of incentive to renew , I cant remember any since 2014 when I bought my first membership.
I wasn't arguing that point at all.
You typed "Please explain how using the weapon in the advertised manner is an exploit or wrong"...I was merely saying that I didn't see where anyone labeled it as an exploitation.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”