Game Update 22nd February 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Re: Game Update 22nd February 2017

Post by Jack.Grave »

@therisths Why are You playing this game, if you thinks its overpriced? Also noone (or almost noone) is interested in your trolling posting mate. Jack
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

Jack.Grave wrote:@therisths Why are You playing this game, if you thinks its overpriced? Also noone (or almost noone) is interested in your trolling posting mate. Jack
First of all , i dont know why everyone use that ''troll '' word, its wierd. Secondly, i was reffering to photo bandle which is a second majority add in the game and its overpriced. Who told you that im trolling,as you said? Everyone of us want to support the game (cause we want it to stay alive) but that kind of actions disappoint most of the players. EW spending troops in something that a bounch of players asked for. So, a bounch of players will decide game's future(like they do everytime when they say them to increase /decrease animals in reserves etc.)?I dont know why its so difficult for you to understand, its sad for us who want to support the game that we cant buy a second majority and overpriced item . For all of you who think that Therisths is flaming,you are wrong, i love the game as much as you (maybe more) but sometimes , EW actions are way too wron and as a player of 5000hs ( which means that i invested lots of money and time) i have the right to express my opinion.
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

It's a cool feature but honestly, EW guys got the pricing totally out of hands. That almost 1000ems for the bundle is DOUBLE of the average price for new guns and items like treestands etc. For a few postures! That's just totally grazy and out of proportion.

I've put probaply +1000e on this game during the years and can't say that I would regret that but this is just a joke... If the bundle was priced around 450-500ems it would have been a fair price and EW staff would have had my money but as it is now, it's not gonna happen, I ain't even considering to let myself being robbed almost 10e for a few postures on a trophy shot, that grazy pricing is probaply doing much more harm to the sales of this feature, than the reduced income from a reasonable pricing but much bigger numbers of selling the feature. Not well thought, a classic example of overpricing something so badly, that it hurts the sales too much and decreases the overall income the product could have had.

Just my two cents...
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

I gotta agree, I have spent a fortune on this game as have many others but I don't think I will be making these a purchase, especialy the bundle, £10 to pose, just does not seem worth it, I liked 1 or 2 of the poses so maybe just buy those.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Alena Rybik wrote: filling barrels from the web / launcher, if we were to introduce those - same, because you do not need to use the feature to achieve the same result in game, it's a matter of convenience and saving time
Hi Alena, I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post, if 'auto fill' of barrels were to be implemented, does this mean that filling barrels from the web/launcher would or would not be a premium feature? It kinda conflicted with one of the later statements:
improving the baiting system, adding new animals, reserves, events, competitions etc. - not the same, and we are offering this at no additional cost.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
L3M182 wrote:disappointing.

I've decided to take your post to express my position on this matter, but I will try to address not only yours sentiments but also similar ones of other people.

I get what you are coming from, "pure" features is not something we monetized a lot in the past as opposed to "pure" content, such as weapons, or equipment, or similar in-game items, and I understand that someone's first reaction to this could be surprise and yes, maybe even disappointment. There are two things I would like you to ask you to consider:

1) Why introduce paid features? After 7 years of live operations and constant stream of new and half-new content I am feeling that theHunter Classic has a quite sufficient amount of that, to put it mildly. And I think that the community shares my opinion on that one. Sure, we can always introduce new rifle, or a shotgun, or a piece of equipment, but: a) it's getting more and more difficult to come up with something that would be exciting enough; b) players who have everything are not that keen on buying their n-th rifle, and that's understandable. But we, as a company, still need to make money, every day and every month, for the ship to stay afloat. Salaries, servers and other company bills need to be paid. Otherwise theHunter Classic will seize to exist. When I said in one of the status updates that we are looking for the game to grow deeper, not wider, I meant that, as I feel that this is the only way for us to stay relevant and interesting for our community. But while we are doing it and in order to be able to afford doing it, we still need to produce a constant revenue stream, that's why we are looking into new premium features that would be interesting enough for players to invest money into using them as opposed to owning their 20th rifle.

2) What should cost money? Now to the point what is the meat on the bones (I liked your metaphor) and what should cost money. New reload animations, revamping bears or polishing deer animations is the meat on the bones, and this will never cost extra money. When we release a new animal or a new reserve, this never costs extra, in fact your membership didn't increase in price for many years, so you are now getting access to 10 reserves with 37 animals for the same price as when theHunter had half of that. This is meat on the bones and this is what our membership is about. When we bring out premium features - something you DO NOT need to play and enjoy game, something hat doesn't have a significant impact on the gameplay, something that serves as a little extra for those who care enough, this is what we feel should be available to be purchased. Think of it as a bit of fat on the meat on the bones - it makes it tastier and juicer, but it's not a must to enjoy the meat. Some people don't even like fat ;) Premium poses for your character to make your trophy shots more aesthetically pleasing - one of such examples, because you still have old basic functionality which works well (as we read above, some people think that the existing functionality is better than poses); filling barrels from the web / launcher, if we were to introduce those - same, because you do not need to use the feature to achieve the same result in game, it's a matter of convenience and saving time; overhauling the harvest screen and other game UI, improving the baiting system, adding new animals, reserves, events, competitions etc. - not the same, and we are offering this at no additional cost.

Thank you.
Alena, with all due respect this does not seem to persuade my opinion with this explanation.

So does this mean any broken feature in the game that gets fixed and updated is at your discretion that will be made into a premium fee?
I would like to see the 2nd day continued hunt feature fixed, since I've been here since Feb of 2014 it has not even gotten looked at,... and how long has it been not working before that?
Well in all truth I don't expect it to get fixed,... as I don't see your developers understanding what's wrong with it in the first place.
If your budget was kept in one box than I don't see how it wouldn't be able to cover costs of broken features getting fixed.
Maybe you should keep a lid on it, and keep revenue's earmarked for this game that produces it.

Respectfully,.................. G.A.S.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

phil1 wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote: filling barrels from the web / launcher, if we were to introduce those - same, because you do not need to use the feature to achieve the same result in game, it's a matter of convenience and saving time
Hi Alena, I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post, if 'auto fill' of barrels were to be implemented, does this mean that filling barrels from the web/launcher would or would not be a premium feature? It kinda conflicted with one of the later statements:
improving the baiting system, adding new animals, reserves, events, competitions etc. - not the same, and we are offering this at no additional cost.
No, they are different things: overhauling how the baiting system works right now is fixing / improving existing stuff, like adding more penetrating power to .357, adding a new feature (filling barrels and feeders from the web) is different.

@gas56: This is fine not to agree, having own opinion is always good! But I think you misunderstood, what I meant is that we will never charge a premium fee for fixing what is broken, this is what I was trying to tell in my post. About the 2nd day continued hunt, we are actually discussing how to solve it right now, we have some options. I assume you mean the the animal spawn not regenerating at the beginning of the new day?
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

Wait WHAT!? Now you came up with the idea of making the bait filling a premium priced stuff too? The request for this feature has been there ages, it's been talked about for a long time and now when it finally appears to be happening perhaps some day, it is all of a sudden a premium extra cost stuff. Will you guys at least admit finally that the baiting is STILL not working correctly and admit the fact that we have lost significant amount of bait (=money) for not getting the results we have learnt to expect to get for the money spent? And you would like to get more money IF you finally care enough to get that stuff to work like it's been requested for years. Considering the fact how totally out of this world the pricing of the postures came out to be, I'm expecting the bait filling to cost so much too that most of the players simply cannot afford it, even though they've waited it for a very long time... Never before it has been said to be an extra cost premium feature if it comes out, good idea is now starting to feel very dissapointing.

Well, if you guys don't get that baiting stuff fixed anyway, I propably won't be needing that propably overpriced premium priced refill feature too much.

I am seriously feeling bad right now with the todays stuff. Still saying, propably +1000e poured into this game but I'm feeling like hugging my wallet a bit tighter in the future. First, denying many of the problems for a LONG time and then pronouncing to milk more money out of something IF you finally fix it... Not good. No matter how much you say that you don't need it to play the game.

Like I said before, from todays news I think you guys are getting close to the border of overpricing your stuff so badly it actually might hurt your possible income flow more than reasonable pricing would.
EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

I might be blind, but I can't find where to buy poses separately. I see the bundle but not where to buy separately

Dennis Borg
Hunter

Post by Dennis Borg »

EndPin wrote:I might be blind, but I can't find where to buy poses separately. I see the bundle but not where to buy separately
They should be under the "Services" tab in the Store. :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”