Status Update 3rd February 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: Status Update 3rd February 2017

Post by JackRbbt »

Thanks for freebies! :)

Now, about that:
Radamus wrote:... Alena, you know you have an army of fans behind you here so don't worry about your six, We got that ;)
I don't know about you Alena, but i'll be (somehow) worried, knowing that Len is around "my six". 8-)

P.S. For those who had problems to get free stuff:
- Open Steam;
- Click on the link from Alena's post ( or here);
- Click on "Download" button;
- On pop-up window, click one of the buttons, according to your situation;
- Open Steam version of the game and check your inventory. If you find camping supplies - 100 pack there, all went well.
Spoiler:

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

JackRbbt wrote:Thanks for freebies! :)
P.S. For those who had problems to get free stuff:
- Open Steam;
- Click on the link from Alena's post ( or here);
- Click on "Download" button;
- On pop-up window, click one of the buttons, according to your situation;
- Open Steam version of the game and check your inventory. If you find camping supplies - 100 pack there, all went well.
I did this and the DLC installed(I can see it in my theHunter screen in my library). But I have problems with launching the game and I didn't get anything.

When I disable the DLC everything works well. :?:
Season Stats
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Must be something with your system or Steam account. All went smooth for me, both Steam or Web versions.
Try to just close and restart Steam (if you didn't do that already).
Spoiler:

AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

"... for example we’ve started working on a new interesting species as well as a new and even more interesting feature. "
Oooh, intriguing!
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

Since it was said they plan to update some things and polish old stuff, the avatar animation needs one update more urgently than any other, I think: the crouching animation. Nobody walks or sneaks in reality like that, with legs that look as if they are broken, it would be fantastically exhausting to walk around like that, too.

Skip that animation completely, simply make player move at slower pace than walking upright, but give him the bonus of reduced noise and visibility when he goes slow and in "sneak mode". When he stops, the avatar could automatically kneel, when he walks, he automatically lifts again. But for heaven'S sake - let him walk in an upright posture, tall. These current frogs in clothes with broken legs hobbling around look hilarious.

No new animation even needed. Leave "crouch" as it is, just remove the current crouched-walking animation. At best a slightly bowed upper body or head - but really needed that is not, to save workload for development.
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400
Kraftyk

Post by Kraftyk »

The update was great but you did not address the launcher, yet you put out the new membership bundles only available through thehunter launcher and we still have to do a full download and so far I've tried it 5 times and still can't get it to update even with the full launch so the new memberships are not available to me. It seems you should have fixed the launcher before you offered something only available through it. I have two computers of which both are high end gaming computers and it will not work on either one of them. Getting very frustrated with thehunter not fixing the launcher that you need to play the game. Yes I can play through Steam but the new membership bundles were not available through steam.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

JackRbbt wrote:Must be something with your system or Steam account. All went smooth for me, both Steam or Web versions.
I did this to try fix the problem:
- Restart the steam few times
- Verify the game files
- Clean game and launcher cache

But no luck at all. :(
Kraftyk wrote:The update was great but you did not address the launcher, yet you put out the new membership bundles only available through thehunter launcher and we still have to do a full download and so far I've tried it 5 times and still can't get it to update even with the full launch so the new memberships are not available to me. It seems you should have fixed the launcher before you offered something only available through it. I have two computers of which both are high end gaming computers and it will not work on either one of them. Getting very frustrated with thehunter not fixing the launcher that you need to play the game. Yes I can play through Steam but the new membership bundles were not available through steam.
You are right. Fixing old bugs is more important.

And about the new bundles in steam. Those 3 new bundles is available in steam right now:

theHunter - Stealth Hunter:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/58217 ... 1_5_9__405

theHunter - Duck Hunter:

theHunter - Deer Hunter:
Season Stats
Spoiler:
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

Interesting update! I'm looking forward to see how the game progresses this year.

Things look positive so far.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

Well... seems like I got back at about the perfect time :)

Looking forward at the new year and all ´o the new content.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

HOSSEIN.D wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:Must be something with your system or Steam account. All went smooth for me, both Steam or Web versions.
I did this to try fix the problem:
- Restart the steam few times
- Verify the game files
- Clean game and launcher cache
But no luck at all. :(
I found out that if I go through my already steam account then click on the hunter game, then on the update for the hunter there's a link for the free downloadable items.
If the download button is clicked on it will let you know if you have them already Downloaded and will start the game. If you don't have them already downloaded then it will download them to Steam Hunter game.

The reason I did it this way instead is because the page in the Web Sites update for STEAM wouldn't log me in completely without asking for more verification from me than my log in name and password for security reasons in STEAM, so I didn't want to do it that way to have another steam page to log in to, I just wanted to use my regular STEAM account log-in page without the extra hassle.

Another thing.... STEAM had its own update also to do yesterday first, and I had to restart the game before I could download the free stuff into the STEAM registry.
Once it is downloaded, it will automatically be on Webs site also if the Web site game was connected with the STEAM game already and all the hunter updates had been done in STEAM first.

Good luck, hope you can make it work.................GAS

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”