Game update 18th of January

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
wintergoose
Outfitter

Re: Game update 18th of January

Post by wintergoose »

Thanks for the update. Backpac for the dog are great. Have hoped fot this a while now.
Like the crows. They makes some more live to the reserv.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Finally! I ran CCleaner- restarted my computer and gave it another go... This time, it worked! Yaaaay! Thanks for the quick fix EW. :D Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Tod1d wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
Yes, we had to replace our 3D animals because of some technical issues (they were the reason why the shooting ranges were closed for such a long time). Sorry, hopefully they'll still be useful.

What distances would you suggest Tod?
I have not look at new range yet but if it is like the other ranges then extend the range out to max draw distance. Place targets at 20 yard increments out to 100 yrds then place at 50yd increments out to max draw distance. Let's have a shooting range where we can finally practice long range shooting and be able to practice with bullet drop for the different rifles.
I like that idea! :D You could even extend it past the 220m render distance so people could practice those really long shots (looks like we're pushing the 450m envelope on the leaderboards). But I initially just meant to make the targets coincide with the distances the weapons are sighted for. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, (opt. 150, 200) would cover pretty much every weapon, I think.

An alternate idea would be to extend the boundary of the "range", which is currently limited to the platforms, to include the entire range area. That way you could shoot from any position without wasting ammo, get score & organ info, and just position yourself at the desired distance from the targets.
Your alternate suggestion is definitely the way it should be.

The only real issue I have with very long range targeting is that you can't actually see where you hit, and trying to move closer to see is futile since the decals vanish after a short time. Should add something like target view that pretty much fills the screen with the target, and only active at the ranges.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

So, the "Welcome Screen" where there is a lady leaning against a tree and spotting a Moose- seems to work okay, the game says update ready- then I go to start a new hunt and whalla- I get Launcher is updating- 11.78 Mbs, it works up to 11.02 Mbs then I get error message- "Torrent has stopped working" this is at 99% complete. What is going on? :? :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

DHRifleman wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:I have not look at new range yet but if it is like the other ranges then extend the range out to max draw distance. Place targets at 20 yard increments out to 100 yrds then place at 50yd increments out to max draw distance. Let's have a shooting range where we can finally practice long range shooting and be able to practice with bullet drop for the different rifles.
I like that idea! :D You could even extend it past the 220m render distance so people could practice those really long shots (looks like we're pushing the 450m envelope on the leaderboards). But I initially just meant to make the targets coincide with the distances the weapons are sighted for. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, (opt. 150, 200) would cover pretty much every weapon, I think.

An alternate idea would be to extend the boundary of the "range", which is currently limited to the platforms, to include the entire range area. That way you could shoot from any position without wasting ammo, get score & organ info, and just position yourself at the desired distance from the targets.
Your alternate suggestion is definitely the way it should be.

The only real issue I have with very long range targeting is that you can't actually see where you hit, and trying to move closer to see is futile since the decals vanish after a short time. Should add something like target view that pretty much fills the screen with the target, and only active at the ranges.
new item for store, tripod for spotting scopes :D

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

BCKidd wrote:So, the "Welcome Screen" where there is a lady leaning against a tree and spotting a Moose- seems to work okay, the game says update ready- then I go to start a new hunt and whalla- I get Launcher is updating- 11.78 Mbs, it works up to 11.02 Mbs then I get error message- "Torrent has stopped working" this is at 99% complete. What is going on? :? :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.
I just tried to reproduce it and got the same error message. Please try to restart the launcher, it worked for me.
Flinter
Scout

Post by Flinter »

Thanks for the update! Great new features that I can't wait to check out when I get home :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Alena Rybik wrote:
BCKidd wrote:So, the "Welcome Screen" where there is a lady leaning against a tree and spotting a Moose- seems to work okay, the game says update ready- then I go to start a new hunt and whalla- I get Launcher is updating- 11.78 Mbs, it works up to 11.02 Mbs then I get error message- "Torrent has stopped working" this is at 99% complete. What is going on? :? :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.
I just tried to reproduce it and got the same error message. Please try to restart the launcher, it worked for me.
Now I get the "There is a problem with the Launcher- it stopped working" Windows will search for a solution. Then it closes off. This is at the welcome screen with the lady and moose. So I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe a reinstall is called for? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

PS- Thanks for replying, Alena.

Keep it real!
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Thanks for the update! I'm looking into a pooch pouch right now:)

Launcher starts just fine here, but I'm playing through Steam. Hope it gets fixed soon for you guys.

I just cannot tell the difference regarding the HM animations and Binocs animations? What exactly has been changed? What should I look for?

Who would have thought that the "next animal" would be a crow? :)))
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

BCKidd wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:

BCKidd.
Now I get the "There is a problem with the Launcher- it stopped working" Windows will search for a solution. Then it closes off. This is at the welcome screen with the lady and moose. So I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe a reinstall is called for? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

PS- Thanks for replying, Alena.
It worked for me after a couple of closing down-reopening launcher cycles. I also got that message abour Windows searching for solution, but I just kept on. There seems to be some weird loop. Let me know how it goes for you.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”