Status Update 5th January 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Status Update 5th January 2017

Post by JamboWhoDat »

mapache01 wrote:--- and can you please check this post
Are bear barrels still broken? http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 19#p847619
I'm very frustated trying to lure Brown Bears with 6 barrels, last night 5 where at 58 and one at 48 and move one closer to spawn location on VdB for better luck, but all this barrels where on previous spots/coords where they top 100% and at 20-60% always found more than 8 bears in 1 hour, i don't always shot it, just use to lvl up spotting skill, but now I found more bears 400-500 mts far from barrels, really appreciate Devs.
I believe there is nothing wrong with the bear barrels and hog feeders and are instead working as they always should. Just like real life hunting, just because you put out deer corn, it doesn't guarantee you will have deer at your stand. Before EW caught the error with the barrels and feeders, they were attracting over the entire map instead of just the 250 meter they are suppose to attract. A 100% attraction means the radius is at its max, not you have 100% animals at the bait. So if you placed baits in the north and south of a map, then the error caused it to attract all the animals that spawned in the upper half of the map to the north bait and all animals spawning in lower half of map to the south bait even though these animals were outside the attraction radius of the bait. Because this error went unnoticed for so long, unfortunately people have gotten used to this and think this is how the baits should be working. With the error gone, animals will only be attracted to baits if and only if their path intersects the attraction radius of the feeder. Baiting is no longer easy and has become a challenge because it requires peoples to spend a session scouting instead of hunting. People will now have to find tracks from multiple animals in one area, study how those tracks lead off in their directions, and find ideal bait locations where the attraction radius has the potential to intersect the most animal paths. I know a lot people prefer the old way with the error that caused shooting "fish in a barrel", but some people also prefer the challenge of properly baiting a location. EW has said in a status update or thread at end of last year, that they are going to address baiting again this year and try to find a compromise between the way it was with the error and the way it is now. People just need to be patient for EW to address it and don't spend money for bait to restock their barrels and feeders if they don't like the way it works now.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

ElusiveShadow wrote: What's wrong with the deployble towers? I had a small massacre from my one on VDB. 'Useless' seems like a gross overstatement: in what way is the field of vision 'severely limited'? The tone/negativity of some posters on this forum at times is staggering.
Here is what's wrong with deployable towers:

1. There is no view above the overhang (why do they even have an overhang?) that is around the top of each tower right under the roof on the outside of the frame.
2. Even if you get as far forward as you can, you cannot see uphill more than 15 or 20 meters. As soon as you look up, your view is blocked. (naturally as long as there is NO obstruction...like mountain and hill sides, trees, rocks, etc., you can see in a straight line all the way to render. If I'm 80 meters from a mountainside, I just want to be able to see to the top. I can't. Makes it useless to me..my opinion.
Alena Rybik wrote: Lack of announcement doesn't mean lack of action, a lot of things are happening in the background. I remember having a discussion about deployable towers a couple of months ago and back then it turned out not to be a big issue. Do we have a thread with more info on that?

And just a side note; I'd advise you to stay away from "How hard can that be to fix" if you don't know what you are talking about. I've burnt myself way too many times with assuming things about things I had a very vague understanding of, especially when it comes to theHunter code. It's always much harder than you think.
I don't know how hard it is to fix, which means I do know what I'm talking about. That's why I asked the question. I would have preferred an answer something like this: "it's a lot harder than you think", especially with tH code. That said, some folks who don't even work for EW found something a lot easier to fix than EW did.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
EW_Stefan
Scout

Post by EW_Stefan »

Hello all,

let´s try and keep the discussion on topic please. As Alena said, there are some pretty cool things coming up but you know how it works: We only share the concrete information once it is all finalized 8-) I wish I could tell you more but for now that´s all we can say.

Cheers,

Stefan
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

@ JamboWhoDat ... If you are right about your post , that they are actually working like intended in the first place, would be nice to have it confirm by a Dev .
Or , guide me to where they said it in the past , that they are working correctly now .

Sure its hard to hunt them now , because we got spoiled big time at first.

thx

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks for the status update. Nothing too interesting, but still, it is a status update. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

DYEUZ wrote:@ JamboWhoDat ... If you are right about your post , that they are actually working like intended in the first place, would be nice to have it confirm by a Dev .
Or , guide me to where they said it in the past , that they are working correctly now .

Sure its hard to hunt them now , because we got spoiled big time at first.

thx
It was in a previous status up and the thread associated with that update. I will look for it after work.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

JamboWhoDat wrote: Before EW caught the error with the barrels and feeders, they were attracting over the entire map instead of just the 250 meter they are suppose to attract.
I could be wrong but I think we are talking about 2 different problems. In the past boar feeders were causing problems and devs stated they fixed them. Previously they were attracting from the whole reserve now they are working as intended. See Status Update April 8 2016. They did not mention any changes to bear feeders.

After the release of TGT, it seemed bears are no longer attracted like they used to be. It was theorized that after grizzly bears were added, which are not attracted bait, that other bears were affected.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

tbug wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote: Before EW caught the error with the barrels and feeders, they were attracting over the entire map instead of just the 250 meter they are suppose to attract.
I could be wrong but I think we are talking about 2 different problems. In the past boar feeders were causing problems and devs stated they fixed them. Previously they were attracting from the whole reserve now they are working as intended. See Status Update April 8 2016. They did not mention any changes to bear feeders.

After the release of TGT, it seemed bears are no longer attracted like they used to be. It was theorized that after grizzly bears were added, which are not attracted bait, that other bears were affected.
I always took this quote "This has been fixed, together with the bear barrels bug fix back in 2015" from that Status Update to mean they fixed both and that she only mentions Hog feeders in the update because of the ongoing threads concerning them specifically.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Hawkeye wrote: I always took this quote "This has been fixed, together with the bear barrels bug fix back in 2015" from that Status Update to mean they fixed both and that she only mentions Hog feeders in the update because of the ongoing threads concerning them specifically.
When did the bear feeder problem start? I thought it was recent like around the time TGT was released.
The "bug fix back in 2015" was when the launcher showed feed still in the feeder but when you started the game the feeder was in fact empty. I don't think this fix changed any attraction. I don't use my feeders any more. Not enough time to keep them filled, so I really shouldn't be commenting on this. Just trying to get my head around it.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Welcome back from vacations mostly over.
Wanted features ? what can they be... :P
RM Elk scent... Does it really draw in the big boys?
Trailer Competition..... I seen Christmas lights still up and flashing at 1 old trailer park on route 5 last night...it was amazing...
Ooooh You mean a video capture edited .... I haven't done one of those for years.... :lol:
Have a good 1 .....for 2017...........GAS

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”