Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Eraser_SK wrote:I was near to buy the Sneaky 3D Fall Field clothes... its in sale. But only Jacket, Gloves and Pants... not for Hat and Boots - together for price 746 em$ ??? Even if Hat and Boots will get same sale as rest the price will be 627-684 em$... but surprise - Sneaky 3D Fall Field Bundle cost 570 em$. Can someone tell me what is the point of this sale?
The only thing I can think of is some people don't like wearing full matching camo. They prefer to wear the same hat or same tshirt for example and would prefer to just purchase the pants. Other than that who know what EW was drinking or smoking when they came up with the sale.
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

Awesome stuff. The new reserve, the bears and the .340 rifle all look great so far. Just one thing, and I'm not sure if this has been brought up: The shot volume .340 rifle is way too low! Logically it should be the loudest rifle we have (lots of powder, big AND fast bullet), but as it is now it's quieter than pretty much all the other big game rifles (including but not limited to the .300s, the Anschütz 9.3x62 and 8x57 and the .45-70 lever action. All are louder than the new .340). Turn it up devs!
RyderJack

Post by RyderJack »

Having played and hunted in the new beautiful reserve for couple of days now, the main thing to me is that it's quite empty, as already mentioned. Empty reserve leads to being boring reserve... hopefully the number of animals spawning will get increased.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

There is one thing, this reserve screams for:

Higher animal render distance!!

No matter where you stand and look through your rangefinder binocs, it's always 300+ meters.

Please, please, with a big icing on top, consider for normal play (no tournaments, etc.), the option to increase the animal render distance!

MfG L.E ;)

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Has the pathing bug been fixed yet? Just wondering if when i get home to play should i automatically get steam?
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Mine is patching off of laucher (not Steam) just fine, its downloading and it's currently at 94%
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on October 22nd, 2016, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed caps

Roll Tide!!
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Well I decided to remove the game folder and do a complete download of the game. Went pretty fast at over 3 Mb/s, to bad as soon as it is completely downloaded it starts right over again.

I know switch to steam, it is the best way to go.

Why don't I join facebook and all the other crap out there while I am at it.

While you can download and install the steam client for free, nothing is for free.

Now my wife's machine that is exactly the same as mine patched without a hitch, so I will just copy the files from her PC and will be able to play.

And this is about the game update, so it is completely on topic.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Facebook doesn't help you play theHunter. Good thing both have privacy settings and Steam doesn't require any extra information that theHunter hasn't already asked from you. I certainly wouldn't compare the two either. While I look at steam just like I'd look at Amazon, I'd be much more scared of Facebook.
homk
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Dangit! I got an error and now im waiting on a 3 hour steam download.... "first time even on steam website" :? :oops:

Roll Tide!!
MissIcewolf
Tracker

Post by MissIcewolf »

HunterGirl wrote:
MissIcewolf wrote:I'm really loving the map. It's really beautiful! It does feel a tad empty though, especially around the northern part. The new animals are all great as well. Except for the fact that I find the bears muzzle really odd. It kind of reminds me of a canine muzzle. I think it's a bit too long. The head seems small too. I seem to the the only one that think so though. I don't really like that shine in the eyes either. I noticed that they had some nice brown eyes behind the shine, but it's hard to see.

Otherwise, I really like the grizzly! I like the fact that it stands up on it's hind legs and I love how aggressive it is :D I haven't experienced any bugs either, except for the trees you can't walk trough.
You arnt only one. I also find the muzzle of the best to look to pointy and long.

I agree the sheep population needs to be increased a bit. I am one that does enjoy the calls the bears do. Makes my heart pound cause they always sound like the are right next to you and sometimes they arnt and sometimes they are!

Could not find hardly any bears last night but I think I was just having a bad night and it was late in map by time I went around area they go in. I really hope they do not decrease the animal population after a while though. I have found the other maps to be slower lately. While I don't want it like an arcade game, I also don't want to be walking around for hours without so much a call.
Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one with that opinion! :)

I also like the amount of grizzlys at the moment, it's not too much nor too little! I agree with you with the maps. I really liked when Val De Bois was released, there were so many animals around. But people complained so the devs decreased them drastically, which was a shame.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”