Status Update 8th September 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Re: Status Update 8th September 2016

Post by ColoradoKid »

Great update - thanks Alena.

Area looks beautiful and looks representative of a lot of the Rockies.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Morgezuma wrote:Will the tracking be fixed before the release of the new reserve?
Seems like i missed something whats wrong with the tracking atm?
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

ForstHeld wrote:
Morgezuma wrote:Will the tracking be fixed before the release of the new reserve?
Seems like i missed something whats wrong with the tracking atm?
the first three tracks of an animal do not give a bonus for your tracking skill anymore

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

We have read and taken onboard the feedback from the community regarding the climbing mini-game from Val-des-Bois and we want to take this opportunity to assure players that the climbing mini-game will not be making an appearance in the new Rocky Mountain reserve.

There are however no plans to remove the climbing mini-game from Val-des-Bois. Players have invested in ropes and spent time setting them up, and their removal would require us to completely rework the terrain and topography of the reserve.
+1

That's great news indeed, thank you! :D :lol:

I completely agree with you that removing the ropes would be hardly feasible - and unfair towards all players who already bought some. But imho the two things are completely unrelated. I never objected against the ropes per se anyway, but the mini game. Quite the contrary, I actually think they add to the game's realism. But why not remove the mini game (or make it optional), replacing it with a context menu like the one already used for other equipment, e. g. the tripod? So the player would approach the rope, open the context menu and choose either "dismantle" or "climb" (or "dismantle" / "climb" / "climb with mini game" in the latter scenario"). Correct me if I'm wrong, but this approach shouldn't be too hard to implement, as all required components already exist in the game. Perhaps that could be a solution to cater for all tastes without requiring a complete revamp...
Mwall
Tracker

Post by Mwall »

The video took my breath away :o Absolutely Beautiful can't wait to get out there and explore. :)
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

TheSpecter wrote:
We have read and taken onboard the feedback from the community regarding the climbing mini-game from Val-des-Bois and we want to take this opportunity to assure players that the climbing mini-game will not be making an appearance in the new Rocky Mountain reserve.

There are however no plans to remove the climbing mini-game from Val-des-Bois. Players have invested in ropes and spent time setting them up, and their removal would require us to completely rework the terrain and topography of the reserve.
+1

That's great news indeed, thank you! :D :lol:

I completely agree with you that removing the ropes would be hardly feasible - and unfair towards all players who already bought some. But imho the two things are completely unrelated. I never objected against the ropes per se anyway, but the mini game. Quite the contrary, I actually think they add to the game's realism. But why not remove the mini game (or make it optional), replacing it with a context menu like the one already used for other equipment, e. g. the tripod? So the player would approach the rope, open the context menu and choose either "dismantle" or "climb" (or "dismantle" / "climb" / "climb with mini game" in the latter scenario"). Correct me if I'm wrong, but this approach shouldn't be too hard to implement, as all required components already exist in the game. Perhaps that could be a solution to cater for all tastes without requiring a complete revamp...
+1, walk up to the rope, get a context menu, press E and you're at the top - just like you do for towers. Please remove the need for this immersion breaking 'mini game'.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

ropes are fine just get rid of the mini game and all will be fine.

like this new reserve, if its going to be that big then maybe consider more than 6 species one day ?
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
butter8808
Hunter

Post by butter8808 »

I don't understand all the fuss with the ropes or the "mini game" involved with climbing. I have only fallen one time in the whole time the ropes have been in game and that was on the first day of release. The only problem I really had with the ropes is that they made the ibex pay to play. I know that after hours people have found ways around to most of the spots, but even setting tents up there is a pay to play move as well.
I like the idea of making the ropes like a tower or stand though, that makes absolute sense to me and seems like it should be relatively easy to implement.
The new reserve looks fantastic, I just hope that there aren't a bunch of inaccessible unhuntable areas like in the last couple reserves.
Can't wait to find out for myself though.
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

Great update......looking forward to it. Glad you have expanded the number of tents we can place sounds like we will need them in a reserve this large.....now .... if only we could somehow buy a few more deployable towers <hint - hint>. :)
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

The reserve is great, superb work. All I'm sad about is the environment sound. It is AGAIN copied from other reserves, so you can hear here some Loggers', Redfeathers' and so on. Come on... What makes other hunting games unique is that on every reserve there was unique environment sound. Travelling the world, you can experience some great fauna noises depending on a place where you are. OK, there are some birds that you can hear almost in every country, but... I believe the sound part of the hunting game is very important, it could build great immersion... too sad I can hear again the same samples from other reserves on a new reserve.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”