Game Update 2nd March 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Game Update 2nd March 2016

Post by Alena Rybik »

Your comments to the game update from the 2nd of March.
Raphael202
Scout

Re: Game Update 2nd March 2016

Post by Raphael202 »

I really like the new concept with Polar Bears. Looking forward to the event
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks, Alena. Many people will not like that you insist on your design decision, but let's just see what happens in the next weeks with the bears. Do I understand it right that they can be hunted right now for the missions?

Did you realize that the bug showing certain animals as "common" though they are rares does also apply to turkeys and pheasants (at least)? I think we have a bug report, so you probably know that...
Image Image Image
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

Nice but the broken WRR is fixed?
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Too bad there's no achievements :( not the best move on making polar bears restricted, that's just my point of view.

Thanks for the update.
Spoiler:

JessyHauff
Tracker

Post by JessyHauff »

So you guys decided to stick with the original design of only self defence with no harvest screen? Just the alien abduction that happens to the bear once you shoot one in self defence? If it stays this way I think I speak for myself and alot of others that say we will prob just skip this. Really feel you guys should have put a 1 tag per day or session limit in if they are that rare. Would have been fun to race and see who gets it first
Durin
Scout

Post by Durin »

I will skip hunting them
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this game update Staff and Devs. Try to find one of these polar bears after work ;)
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

So what sort of reward do we get for killing a polar bear during the "special" events? As far as I know, all you get is a trophy shot. I think there needs to be leaderboards and achievements for the polar bears killed during "special events". And might I ask... what is so "special" about these special events? As far as I know all you're doing is allowing us to hunt them. That's not very special in my opinion. Not trying to be negative here but just wanting a little more clarification. :)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I could defend the position of vulnerable vs huntable states if (1) they were more consistently aggressive & (2) you had reconsidered achievements & leaderboards while they're huntable.

On the 1st point, when they were more aggressive during beta and were not afraid of the hunter, you had a healthy amount of respect & fear for the animal, but also a bit of pity in knowing that when you saw one, one of us was going to have to go down. This, in my mind at least, made the bear "vulnerable". Once that AI was changed (Thursday, I think), the bear became much more skittish & the attacks much less consistent, with less aggression & much less frequent attacks. After this, I lost both the fear that I had for the bear & the feeling that it is a vulnerable species.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”