Status Update 12th November 2015

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update 12th November 2015

Post by Tanngnjostr »

What a week! At first a new bundle with a lot of stuff that I didn't own, then the El Bisonte - and guess which pistol caliber I don't have but was having my eyes on for some time... After seeing a lot of bundles with stuff I already had or didn't want in the past months, that's a nice surprise for me.
Thanks and keep on fixing those bugs...!
Image Image Image
SgtScott
Hunter

Post by SgtScott »

nosnerb wrote:I don't really want another gun. I have 25+ guns. With the release of the 45-70, the 454 is almost useless to me. Wasn't exactly what I was thinking of. Can we have the choice between the em$ for it or something of that sort, because quite frankly I don't want another gun
It would be nice to have em$ over the new .454, But having a choice of em$ or the gun won't happen. It would be way too much work for admin to implement. It's a free gun be thankful for it, The people I think who are/will be most disappointed are the ones who own the original .454 already.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

SgtScott wrote:
nosnerb wrote:I don't really want another gun. I have 25+ guns. With the release of the 45-70, the 454 is almost useless to me. Wasn't exactly what I was thinking of. Can we have the choice between the em$ for it or something of that sort, because quite frankly I don't want another gun
It would be nice to have em$ over the new .454, But having a choice of em$ or the gun won't happen. It would be way too much work for admin to implement. It's a free gun be thankful for it, The people I think who are/will be most disappointed are the ones who own the original .454 already.
Considering I have the 454 and the 45-70, I don't need or want this gun at all. There is just no point. What I need are towers, blinds, and stands to make my reserve setups better. If they made the 454 where it could do some damage past 100 yards I would like it. But from what I can gather at the RFF range is it cant punch a shoulder blade of a moose past 80yards
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

SgtScott wrote:

yeah but it would have made sense to give everyone a gift that allot of people didn't already have. loads of people arnt really into the reskinning hunter score thing, myself included. As far as im concerned i already have a .454 5 shot revolver.

as ever your not gonna please everyone, but i feel a new caliber or model would have pleased more folks.

like i said in another thread, im not gonna complain at free stuff and im grateful, but id have been more grateful for something i didn't already own. the new duck callers for instance.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

For one reason or anthor, I can't seem to open up the status update- keeps saying 'web page not available'. So, is the no stats for vista and XP users been rectified? :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

ronin65 wrote:The patch is not yet downloaded from Steam, and nor do I see the gun in my profile. Is it for this week, or the next?

Does the patch resolves the issue of XP?.

I not be if there will be solved the problems the patch, but I have not seen any comment of the Dev on XP and Vista.
In the status update, Alena wrote:It will be released with the next patch and will be added to everyone who logs into the game for free starting from the day it is patched (the exact starting date will be announced next week) until December 20th,
If you looked at the release notes for the last patch on Beta, it did not contain fixes specifically related to XP.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

where can i find the release notes?. steam just tells me i have an update and cracks on doing its thing
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Thank you for the update and the new gun. Very COOL.

Some people amaze me. One of my jobs, years ago, would hand out Christmas bonuses every year and so many people would complain that it was not enough. IT WAS A GIFT. They did NOT have to do that.
I checked the stats page of one of the members who complained about it being a reskin & not being in favor of reskins, they had 3 of the original models plus the reskins. If those were gifts, did you complain about those as well? Or did you just buckle down & make the purchase? You used them nonetheless.
I've stated many times here that I don't get the rekinned weapons until they are on sale or as a gift (many years ago I was shocked to get the 12ga engraved side by side for purchasing 5000em$)(I didn't know the bonus was going on).......so I do own some, but I didn't have to pay full price for them.....It's a gift.
Generally, when someone gives you a gift, common courtesy is to say "Thank you". Not to complain because it was not enough.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

Tod1d wrote:
ronin65 wrote:The patch is not yet downloaded from Steam, and nor do I see the gun in my profile. Is it for this week, or the next?

I not be if there will be solved the problems the patch, but I have not seen any comment of the Dev on XP and Vista.
In the status update, Alena wrote:It will be released with the next patch and will be added to everyone who logs into the game for free starting from the day it is patched (the exact starting date will be announced next week) until December 20th,
If you looked at the release notes for the last patch on Beta, it did not contain fixes specifically related to XP.
Alena Rybik wrote:This is the thread for your testing feedback. Please focus on waterfowl hunting and Whiterime Ridge.

If you crash, please submit the following report:

Describe what exactly you did / were doing when the crash happened (eg. was shooting at an animal, fast-travelling etc.). Have you tracked / killed / harvested any animals in that hunt? Have you bought any items during that expedition? Have you been using any items at the moment of before the crash happened? Any additional information you feel can be valuable for us to pinpoint this crash?

Your report should also include:

0) Your name in theHunter (on beta)
1) Your operational system (eg. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 etc.)

Thank you for any information you can provide, we really appreciate your help.
Specific do not know, but talk about XP yes that spoke in the first post of the beta version. I have not invented

Also in today's patch nor says anything about the topic of XP, and I think that developers should be informed of how the problem will be solved.

Also I think that after almost a month and a half we have the right to know about the topic. As there has been interest by the ducks, the new reserve, etc, should have the same interest in the problem of XP and Vista, since while the bugs in the beta not prevented play the game base, XP and Vista failures make it impossible to play the game
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

ronin65 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

Alena Rybik wrote:This is the thread for your testing feedback. Please focus on waterfowl hunting and Whiterime Ridge.

If you crash, please submit the following report:

Describe what exactly you did / were doing when the crash happened (eg. was shooting at an animal, fast-travelling etc.). Have you tracked / killed / harvested any animals in that hunt? Have you bought any items during that expedition? Have you been using any items at the moment of before the crash happened? Any additional information you feel can be valuable for us to pinpoint this crash?

Your report should also include:

0) Your name in theHunter (on beta)
1) Your operational system (eg. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 etc.)

Thank you for any information you can provide, we really appreciate your help.
Specific do not know, but talk about XP yes that spoke in the first post of the beta version. I have not invented

Also in today's patch nor says anything about the topic of XP, and I think that developers should be informed of how the problem will be solved.

Also I think that after almost a month and a half we have the right to know about the topic. As there has been interest by the ducks, the new reserve, etc, should have the same interest in the problem of XP and Vista, since while the bugs in the beta not prevented play the game base, XP and Vista failures make it impossible to play the game

I agree ronin, somebody with authority should step up and let us know what is going on. I just did a quick hunt, shot a moose- no stats and still having to ctrl-alt-del to exit. Why would EW prefer to string XP and Vista users along. Simple question- "Can XP and Vista user play this game or are we left out in the cold?" Somebody, from EW please let us know. Thank you. :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”