theHunter Football Jamboree 2014

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
imkobra

Re: theHunter Football Jamboree

Post by imkobra »

All other modified version of an existing gun share the same stats, but have different achievements points...take a look and you will see...
12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun
12 GA Side By Side Shotgun
9.3x62 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle...
CinAteK
Scout

Post by CinAteK »

I'm aware that there are different achievements for the other weapons that share the same stats; however, the question about a separate achievement for the golden shotgun was asked/answered at beginning of this event. From what I've gathered this was a decision made by EW so that people that are not able to get the golden shotgun (since it will never be buyable in the store and is only event-specific) will still have the ability to reach the highest Hunter Score possible.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

imkobra wrote:All other modified version of an existing gun share the same stats, but have different achievements points...take a look and you will see...
12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun
12 GA Side By Side Shotgun
9.3x62 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle...
I agree it should have its own achievements. They did state that it does not.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 37#p572237

The information should have been in the main post.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: theHunter Football Jamboree...

Post by Alena Rybik »

imkobra wrote:I think is not right for the hunters that doesn't have any clues about football, and get like myself the bundle jamboree just to have a weapon that will never be on the store, to spend ~2000em$ (this means 19$ real money) without any "warning" that they will buy only a better look shotgun. If you get the jamboree bundle, this gun becoming the most expensive gun from entire game and at the same time, the only gun that not have achievements points...
I want to know what is the explanation for that...if exist...
Today, after I finally receive the "golden" shotgun I see after the first kill, that no point info message was displayed, like it was for all the weapons until now...
From my point of view, if you want to bring in game the first weapons that not have achievements score, do it in the right way, with a "warning" or something similar when you buy it, because the real money is spending in the store section not in forum...
Despite of the good looking view, I am very disappointed that I thrown 19$ just to see a premium golden shotgun...
Best way to repair that is to put this weapon in achievements table, where are all the other guns...
I am sorry that the information about the golden shotgun not having its separate achievements has missed your attention. It was communicated in the event thread right after the announcement, plus the reason behind this decision was explained in the status update on June 19th:

Please note that the shotgun won’t have separate achievements, because it’s never going to be released in the store and we want to provide fair chances to all players to reach the maximum Hunter Score possible.

I have to apologize for the fact that this information was not included in the F.A.Q. of the main announcement, I assumed that two official statements regarding this, in the forum and in the status update, would be enough, but apparently it was not. I'll make sure to over-communicate such details in the future.

The other premium guns you mention (12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun, 12 GA Side By Side Shotgun, etc.) are different, because all of them were going to be released in the store at some point in the future, but the "royal edition" shotgun - not.
imkobra

Post by imkobra »

After I see the announcement, I read what was posted by Alena (first 4 posts) and decided to buy the bundle, because in the past, I wait long time to appear some weapons in the store that was released in similar ways (8x57 IS Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle). I buy the bundle at 18:15 on 12.06.2014. The status update with the information about the achievements points that you mentioned was posted on 19 July, after I buy the bundle...that's why I am not happy at all...all the information must be in store section from the beginning, not mentioned in some post responses...
imkobra

Post by imkobra »

I understand your point of view and accept your apologize Alena, but I decided to return my beautiful shotgun and all jamboree in exchange of em$. I spend enough real money with this game because I like it very much, but this time is too much to spend for a beautiful shotgun only to see it, without any other impact in game score, skills or achievements...so please tell me where to send a em$ refund request and what info is required.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

imkobra wrote:I understand your point of view and accept your apologize Alena, but I decided to return my beautiful shotgun and all jamboree in exchange of em$. I spend enough real money with this game because I like it very much, but this time is too much to spend for a beautiful shotgun only to see it, without any other impact in game score, skills or achievements...so please tell me where to send a em$ refund request and what info is required.
If I may, and although I am not Alena or official staff, the best thing you could do is to shoot an email to Support at [email protected], explain what is going on and even link this exchange between yourself and Alena in the email. I believe you'll get further doing it that way than you will here on the forum. It's just a suggestion/advice, so go by whatever way you feel. Personally, I'd take that route so that your business is not all over forum ;)
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

More hunting, less talking.

Enjoy the extremely cool looking shotgun and push your hunter score(+support the game) with the new revolver.

MfG Lee ;)

ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

Oswald74 wrote:More hunting, less talking.

Enjoy the extremely cool looking shotgun
Yes.

Done that today :-)

Love the new shotgun :

It was a really great competition. Big thx for that !!! :-)

Alena Rybik wrote:Q: Will the Shotgun be released in the store in the future?
A: No, it is only possible to obtain the Shotgun with gold engraving by buying the corresponding cap of the winning team. It will never be available to purchase in theHunter Store.
Nice to have a special gun, that you will never be able to get again. :-)
Really something special.
The Herring
Spotter

Re: theHunter Football Jamboree...

Post by The Herring »

Alena Rybik wrote:The other premium guns you mention (12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun, 12 GA Side By Side Shotgun, etc.) are different, because all of them were going to be released in the store at some point in the future, but the "royal edition" shotgun - not.
So, why is it there?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”