New Blogs

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Re: New Blogs

Post by Ashkeldir »

EnerMax wrote:There is ALWAYS different stages of beta, ALPHA, CLOSED and OPEN (every developer has it's own stages) to name a few. All I'm suggesting is that MAYBE a different stage of BETA is being talked about. My suspision about a certain group having it already comes from what is happening on other sites, that's all nothing confirmed. Nothing to get upset or mad about, these steps are taken all the time. :D :D :D When it comes it comes!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Exactly, the alpha started a long while ago. If it was open beta, I think Doc would have said 'open beta', because that signifies that it is closer to release (than alpha).
EnerMax
Scout

Post by EnerMax »

Ashkeldir wrote:
EnerMax wrote:There is ALWAYS different stages of beta, ALPHA, CLOSED and OPEN (every developer has it's own stages) to name a few. All I'm suggesting is that MAYBE a different stage of BETA is being talked about. My suspision about a certain group having it already comes from what is happening on other sites, that's all nothing confirmed. Nothing to get upset or mad about, these steps are taken all the time. :D :D :D When it comes it comes!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Exactly, the alpha started a long while ago. If it was open beta, I think Doc would have said 'open beta', because that signifies that it is closer to release (than alpha).

Your right, THEY are calling this the Ajar Beta. :lol: :lol: LINK: http://blogs.ign.com/AvalancheStudios/2 ... Sid=932884
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

Rob wrote:No prob Enermax. I dont think any group is chosen over just any person tho? Havent heard/seen any case of this.
That would be because it isn't.

All applications for theHunter are considered on a variety of factors and on their own merits.

I can state as fact, that an application from an individual who is active and constructive in their support of theHunter has just as much opportunity of becoming a Beta Tester as someone who is part of a group.

We are in regular contact with several different groups and forums who are showing their support for theHunter, actively supporting and helping to grow the community or applying to be recognized as official theHunter fansites. Just being a member of the group is no guarantee of being selected as a Beta Tester.
Weatherby
Hunter

Post by Weatherby »

If you are a member of another site, club, whatever it is easy to tell when the beta starts for a game.

All the "regulars, & staff members" suddenly don't post as much.

I still hope to be a part of the open beta but not going to hold my breathe.
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

Weatherby wrote:I still hope to be a part of the open beta but not going to hold my breathe.
Yes, the Ajar Beta has started.
Yes, some testers have been let in. :D

But we have plenty more invites to sent out and the Ajar Beta is still going on,and plenty more testers will be let in before the Open Beta starts.

As for anybody holding their breath. We would never recommend that any of our fans deny themselves valuable oxygen. :D
cadetter
Spotter

Post by cadetter »

ok, lematron thanks for all the info. But i've been around the community such as big game lodge and hunters realm forums alot. And if there is one thing that comes to mind, it seems whoever runs these sites or if they are an admin they always get chosen to do the beta. Why is this? I am not going to release the name of this person though, but I do know someone that has the beta already and has let it slip numerous times on a very well know hunting site. To me I think you should give others a chance. I hunt 80 days out of the year, whether it be elk, deer, geese, ducks, etc. If my state has it, i hunt it. It's just not a shock to me that once again the same people seem to have been chosen for the beta again.

Very disappointed, you say there will be some openings, but like you told us not to do. And that is "to hold our breath"
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

cadetter wrote:if there is one thing that comes to mind, it seems whoever runs these sites or if they are an admin they always get chosen to do the beta. Why is this?
First lets be clear, the Beta is far from over.
We have progressed through closed testing and have started a staggered stage of testing, where we are letting in an increasing number of testers as testing and development of theHunter demand. This is what we're calling the Ajar Beta and what a great many of you have applied for.

When the ajar tests are complete we'll move to the Open stage where theHunter will be polished and prepared for release.

Let me say that it would be unfair of me to try and comment on other game company's selection processes, because I don't know.
Every company selects people for different reasons and I'm not going to speculate.

What I will say is that the ajar testing is far from over. There are plenty more invites to go out and If you have applied to be part of this phase of Beta Testing and think there's a reason you would make a good, or even a great, tester; that you have skills and insight to can make a difference then write to us at [email protected] and tell us why.

We appreciate all the e-mails, questions and feedback we get from the community.
So why not send us a mail, tell us about yourself and your experiences and what sets you apart. :D
cadetter
Spotter

Post by cadetter »

Thanks for the reply bud, I just re read my post and it kinda sounds harsh if you read it from a spectator stand point. I just want to apologize to everyone on this website for what it may seem to be an immature opinionated statement. This is not what it is supposed to be. Basically what I was trying to point out, is that pretty much the same people beta test for every hunting game that has actually had a beta testing segment on that particular title. And Lematron expect an e-mail from me stating what you are asking for in the community. I don't know why "we" hunters IRL, should be separated from a gamers view. As this is a hunting title, and I can tell by lookin at some of the people here, from other forums. They would be great picks for this beta test. And it would be a shame if they weren't picked to help out in this process. Most people sign up to just play the game, not to give the proper feedback that is needed for a good game. And then they boast about playing the beta, but when the game flops they are no where to be found or comment on what went on "behind the scenes" so to speak, and the problem was not fixed before release. I support everything you guys do, and I definately cannot wait until the actual launch of this game it looks great!

Good luck to everyone that gets a chance to beta, and hope to see you all in the woods soon!
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

cadetter wrote: And Lematron expect an e-mail from me stating what you are asking for in the community.
We very much look forward to the mail. :D
I don't know why "we" hunters IRL, should be separated from a gamers view. As this is a hunting title, and I can tell by lookin at some of the people here, from other forums.
Actually we are looking for people with IRL hunting experience. theHunter is intended to be a simulation so getting the AI right on game (be they Deer, turkeys or anything else) is all important. The same is true of the feel of theHunter as you move around in the game, from finding a set a tracks through to taking the shot and sharing the experience with your friends.

So do please get in touch, and this goes for all of you not just Cadetter. :mrgreen:
Fabled Foe
Hunter

Post by Fabled Foe »

I'll tell ya a little story about beta testing one time that really got my goat.

I was beta testing COD4 on the Xbox 360, finished the beta testing and they announced the game would be coming out in about 5 weeks... One week later my 360 dies on me. Out of warranty, and No rrod so I couldn't get it fixed or replaced. Didn;t even get to play the game. :x

Ain't never gonna buy into that cr@p console again, totally bummed me out. We had that game tight too.

Man Alive!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”