Apology Accepted

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Fabled Foe
Hunter

Re: Apology Accepted

Post by Fabled Foe »

Yeah, i got that too... I thought it was a little unsavoury. But the site seemed alright.
B0NG

Post by B0NG »

LeMetatron wrote:Has been brought to our attention and we are looking into it.
Just some info I noticed. The original 'technical error' email had this person first in the To: field (<???????????@?????.com>)

The spam email today which points to ... has Return-Path: <???????@?????.com> & From: "Anders" <??????????@?????.com>

So I thought ok, maybe they just used the first guys address as a spoof to put in the From fields, but I actually followed the link in the spam email, went to their forum and I see:

And SH_??????? is colored yellow (aka, Administrator). Coincidence? Looks to me like one of the beta testers used your mistake to drive people to his site.

(I put ???? to hide the spam url and email addresses just incase)
Last edited by B0NG on December 17th, 2008, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SH_Anders

Post by SH_Anders »

Iam so sorry i did mail to my work m8 when the phone call i did get back and did not looked for what i did send...my work m8 did ask for my site link....when iam sittting here and resive mail iam really feel bad it was not my opinion to do this....what can i do more than say IAM SOOOOO SORRY....dam what a click can F... up...
Fabled Foe
Hunter

Post by Fabled Foe »

Don't mistake that with John Petersen, because it's not the same peeps.
Fabled Foe
Hunter

Post by Fabled Foe »

SH_Anders wrote:Iam so sorry i did mail to my work m8 when the phone call i did get back and did not looked for what i did send...my work m8 did ask for my site link....when iam sittting here and resive mail iam really feel bad it was not my opinion to do this....what can i do more than say IAM SOOOOO SORRY....dam what a click can F... up...
I went lookin' around in there and it seems friendly enough. What kind of tourney's do y'all do?
B0NG

Post by B0NG »

SH_Anders wrote:Iam so sorry i did mail to my work m8 when the phone call i did get back and did not looked for what i did send...my work m8 did ask for my site link....when iam sittting here and resive mail iam really feel bad it was not my opinion to do this....what can i do more than say IAM SOOOOO SORRY....dam what a click can F... up...
Ah ok Anders. Seems like a genuine mistake to me. I guess you would have tried to not make it so obvious if your intent was to spam everyone. Didn't mean to jump to conclusions. :oops:
flyrod016
Tracker

Post by flyrod016 »

:lol: Dang....that sounds like you suffered a technical issue with your mailer system. :lol:
steveharris
Outfitter

Post by steveharris »

I got an email from UNITED NATIONS(WORLD BANK ASSISTED PROGRAMME) this week, never receive that before, does it have something to do with the subject here? Did someone here receive it too?
They want my name, phone # adress etc so they can send me an ATM card, i know its some kind of fraud and i didnt reply.
Fabled Foe
Hunter

Post by Fabled Foe »

steveharris wrote:I got an email from UNITED NATIONS(WORLD BANK ASSISTED PROGRAMME) this week, never receive that before, does it have something to do with the subject here? Did someone here receive it too?
They want my name, phone # adress etc so they can send me an ATM card, i know its some kind of fraud and i didnt reply.
It's hard to tell if it was from that list of e-mails, anyone could have gotten those addy's.Since that's happened I've gotten a few of those bank e-mails that are all similar in nature and they're all scams. But I've always gotten those things.

One time i got one that said i won the UK lottery. I don't even play the lottery in my own country. Heheheh :lol:
Fabled Foe
Hunter

Post by Fabled Foe »

SH_Anders wrote: we run dh 2005 tournament for the moment and do that every week we do also run Th 2003 tourneys
its better you go forum and look so will you see...
If I didn't have to sign up for anything just to take a look I would.

So, Do y'all give out prizes?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”