A couple of basic questions, good sirs/madams

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BegBy

A couple of basic questions, good sirs/madams

Post by BegBy »

Despite reading everything I could about his game, I have two pretty standard questions. I beg everyone's forgiveness if they seem obvious to you all.

Firstly I will ask how one knows when and how if he/she will ever get to play the game in it's current state. To the best of my knowledge you register and then you wait without any notion of if or when in fact you will be a part of this game. If that's the case, then I guess that question is in fact answered, unless I haven't "registered" properly. I realize that a true open beta has yet to be developed, and currently people are getting "invites" via this community. So if there is no longer a need for more people to test, then I assume we wait 'till we can download the game, and enjoy from there.

Secondly I must ask how the pay portion of the game is going to work. Assuming it remains free and as I read payments will be used to obtain new content and equipment, I am going to assume (based entirely on past gaming experience, and also the the dev team's desire for a community feel) that this will be a monthly or a periodic payment, similar to that of an MMoRPG or any other subscription based game.

Here's to the team creating what seems to be a completely revolutionary gaming experience; Cheers mates!

I only hope I get to participate soon, and I anxiously await for more vids, screens, and articles until I may happen upon some luck and get that elusive "invite".

Any answers or information is well appreciated. Thank you in advance.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Re: A couple of basic questions, good sirs/madams

Post by MonacoSteve »

The open Beta stage of this game is that people can get in only after registering and subsequent receiving a "VIP code". I suggest that you register, as the chances are not zero that you will still get an invitation.
As soon as you get your account (and a "guest licence"), you can see the pricing for the aditional licences ("warden licences") you currently can buy. There are licences for 3 month, 6 month and 12 month, and as long as you are invited, you get additional 1 moth, 2 months or three months, respectively for your money.
BegBy

Post by BegBy »

Thanks for the response, Steve. I assumed I had registered. I registered, here to use these forums, and also on the main page where it says "express your interest", or something to that effect.

I hope there isn't something I am missing.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Registering (expressing your interest) a the TheHunter main page (not the forum, that's a different issue) should have done the job. Now you must just wait for the code.
BegBy

Post by BegBy »

Thanks again for the reply. Currently watching a few shows on WLN (A Canadian hunting/fishing network) and playing Hunting Unlimited 2008 while I wait. :roll:
JupiterJoe

Post by JupiterJoe »

It hould be noted that your VIP Pass may go straight to your Junk Mail Folder, in whatever mail server you use. Be sure to check that, if you haven't already done so.
BegBy

Post by BegBy »

I did check my spam folder just in case. Thanks, Joe.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”