Expansive Worlds

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DereFonzie
Outfitter

Expansive Worlds

Post by DereFonzie »

Its great to hear that Avalanche is evolving and expanding, but what does this mean for the hunter?

Will the hunter team be whittled down and divided when Expansive Worlds start work on other titles?

Does this mean that thehunter must make so many € each month to pass up to Avalanches main body? thus resulting in a different marketing approach and change in costs?

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks, and if you have any concerns.
Also if Avalanche could stick their heads in that would be nice too :D
Echeloniv
Tracker

Re: Expansive Worlds

Post by Echeloniv »

from waht i think i got, most of the hunter staff moves over to expansive worlds ...
Stefan Pettersson
Outfitter

Post by Stefan Pettersson »

Actually nothing is different from before the announcement, we've just put a name on the subsidiary. Avalanche Studios will continue to work on publisher titles, while Expansive Worlds will work with non-publisher titles - i.e. theHunter. All full-time theHunter staff is already employed at Expansive Worlds, but being a fully owned subsidiary to Avalanche we do also have the benefit to "lend" extra people from time to time (one example of this is now when we've replaced the old version of the Avalanche Engine in theHunter with the latest one).

100% of our focus is on theHunter.
DereFonzie wrote:Does this mean that thehunter must make so many € each month to pass up to Avalanches main body? thus resulting in a different marketing approach and change in costs?
No, this is not the way it works.

The opposite is more true. Avalanche has invested in both the acquisition of theHunter as well as commitment to fund the development and operations of theHunter until we may bear our own costs. Once this happen and we have a positive cashflow it is no time to rest, then we will be able to expand the team even more.

The key take away is: do not worry, this is all made to the benefit of theHunter - to, in the best possible way, facilitate making our dreams of this wonderful game come true (when I say "our" I mean both the community and the developers).
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

Stefan Pettersson wrote:we've replaced the old version of the Avalanche Engine in theHunter with the latest one
You read it here first folks 8-)
Bootson
Spotter

Post by Bootson »

Stefan Pettersson wrote:Actually nothing is different from before the announcement, we've just put a name on the subsidiary. Avalanche Studios will continue to work on publisher titles, while Expansive Worlds will work with non-publisher titles - i.e. theHunter. All full-time theHunter staff is already employed at Expansive Worlds, but being a fully owned subsidiary to Avalanche we do also have the benefit to "lend" extra people from time to time (one example of this is now when we've replaced the old version of the Avalanche Engine in theHunter with the latest one).

100% of our focus is on theHunter.
DereFonzie wrote:Does this mean that thehunter must make so many € each month to pass up to Avalanches main body? thus resulting in a different marketing approach and change in costs?
No, this is not the way it works.

The opposite is more true. Avalanche has invested in both the acquisition of theHunter as well as commitment to fund the development and operations of theHunter until we may bear our own costs. Once this happen and we have a positive cashflow it is no time to rest, then we will be able to expand the team even more.

The key take away is: do not worry, this is all made to the benefit of theHunter - to, in the best possible way, facilitate making our dreams of this wonderful game come true (when I say "our" I mean both the community and the developers).

Thank you Stefan for answering so quickly...
You take the time to explain, you talk with sense, and you have a vision : this is what the leaders are made of !!! :)
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Post by Ashkeldir »

I wonder if he's actually a Blomberg in disguise ;)
Anko
Scout

Post by Anko »

Eggenberg wrote:
Stefan Pettersson wrote:we've replaced the old version of the Avalanche Engine in theHunter with the latest one
and just how 'old' was the version of the hunter that is in the current build compared to the new engine that will be in the new patch? what sort of features would we be looking at?
Linus Blomberg
Tracker

Post by Linus Blomberg »

Anko wrote:
Eggenberg wrote:
and just how 'old' was the version of the hunter that is in the current build compared to the new engine that will be in the new patch? what sort of features would we be looking at?
The current version is something like two years old. The new engine is actually one generation after what's currently used in Just Cause 2.
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Post by Ashkeldir »

Linus Blomberg wrote:
Anko wrote:
The current version is something like two years old. The new engine is actually one generation after what's currently used in Just Cause 2.
Sweet!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DragonFire
Master Competitor

Post by DragonFire »

Ok hold on a second here,has the engine been replaced allready or it is going to be replaced :?:
I play the game in 3D and i havent noticed any difference at all :?:
I also am using dx11 cards on my other machine and i don't see any difference.
What did the new engine bring to the game :?:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”