After Todays Update.........

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Twelvepak
Tracker

After Todays Update.........

Post by Twelvepak »

....my skill stats are once again advancing, but the scoreboard still shuns me. Got a mullie today that had the biggest rack I've seen yet on the game and it didn't even put me back on the list. Oh well, nice screenies for my own records anyways. Still diggin the game.
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Re: After Todays Update.........

Post by Ashkeldir »

At the moment, the size of the animal and the rack are not obvious indicators, but it sure looks to me like beam to beam spread is a factor. I have seen a lot of big racks since I made the leaderboard, but I have yet to see one bigger than the widest one I bagged, which is what put me where I am with the mules.
Twelvepak
Tracker

Post by Twelvepak »

Lol, I don't know how much bigger it could get than the one I got and the deer still be able to hold his head up. I'm serious, you coulda strung a hammok from these and took a nap, lol. If I got to get even bigger than that I don't think I'll be back in the top 100 again rofl. I'm headed out to class this morning, I'll dig out the screenshots for you when I get back this evening.
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Post by Ashkeldir »

Check out my leaderboard mule screenshots in my gallery and compare?
Twelvepak
Tracker

Post by Twelvepak »

Not quite as nice as your first place rack, but still nice though. Sorry no better screenie, I have a bigger one uncropped, but wasn't sure if I should post it original size. Was too worried bout losing him to let him get closer for a better screenie. I took the shot while I had it, lol. I put it on my gallery too, but hard to em in such small size.
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Post by Ashkeldir »

I believe that body size plays a part - not specifically in the score, but if a bigger body animal has a rack that looks that big, it will score higher - but IMO small animals should not have large racks, unless we're mixing Texas deer with the types of big bodied deer we see around here.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

The body size not add to rack score, some of my biggest deer I have shot in game ((Rack Score )) had a smaller weight size.

I think they do this so you have to judge them by rack and just not look at weight in spotting them feed back.
Like Ash said go by beams.
I have shot a lot of great mule deer in real hunting and most of the time bigger rack bigger deer. :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”