Status Update - 24th Feb 2010

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
tolwyn
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 24th Feb 2010

Post by tolwyn »

It would be far better to simply have a button that activates freelook as suggested and ignore the trackir for now.

Freelook would be awesome. No need to tie it down to a technology few uses.
LMP86
Scout

Post by LMP86 »

One doesn't exclude the other. In Arma you can freelook with or without trackIR.
INSTG8R
Chat Logger

Post by INSTG8R »

LMP86 wrote:Actually a LOT of flight simmers use it. It doesn't cost that much in comparison with a good joystick or yoke, throttle and rudder pedals. But other than them, I don't know.
Yep why I bought mine initally(Big IL-2 flyer at one time) But use it in my Racing Sims and even ARMA when I play it.

Its not so much about getting TrackIR support as getting the possibility to freely look around in the this game. You can to a limited amount right now while prone so easy enough to allow it in all stances and have it bound to a key(F is already free and convenient :D ) It's something all players can take advantage of and I think would be a great thing to add to the immersion factor(How many times have you spooked off an animal because you had to move your whole body to look at it?) By adding Freelook for everyone the "side effect" is that TrackIR users can also use it with their gear.

Basically EVERYBODY get's Freelook there is no extra work for anyone as far as TrackIR goes. That is up to Naturalpoint to make a profile that recognizes TH. They are a great company and will gladly make a profile for it on request.
INSTG8R
Chat Logger

Post by INSTG8R »

LMP86 wrote:One doesn't exclude the other. In Arma you can freelook with or without trackIR.
Exactly, their is no extra work.
Largeone
Hunter

Post by Largeone »

INSTG8R wrote:
LMP86 wrote:Actually a LOT of flight simmers use it. It doesn't cost that much in comparison with a good joystick or yoke, throttle and rudder pedals. But other than them, I don't know.
Yep why I bought mine initally(Big IL-2 flyer at one time) But use it in my Racing Sims and even ARMA when I play it.

Its not so much about getting TrackIR support as getting the possibility to freely look around in the this game. You can to a limited amount right now while prone so easy enough to allow it in all stances and have it bound to a key(F is already free and convenient :D ) It's something all players can take advantage of and I think would be a great thing to add to the immersion factor(How many times have you spooked off an animal because you had to move your whole body to look at it?) By adding Freelook for everyone the "side effect" is that TrackIR users can also use it with their gear.

Basically EVERYBODY get's Freelook there is no extra work for anyone as far as TrackIR goes. That is up to Naturalpoint to make a profile that recognizes TH. They are a great company and will gladly make a profile for it on request.
too true
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Post by Ashkeldir »

In other words, you/we aren't asking for TrackIR implementation, we are asking for freelook implementation, correct? That would allow TrackIR to be used once Naturalpoint makes a TH profile? If so, I have to agree that it isn't too much to ask - and we've been asking for freelook for quite some time. I'd bet they will implement it asap.
INSTG8R
Chat Logger

Post by INSTG8R »

Ashkeldir wrote:In other words, you/we aren't asking for TrackIR implementation, we are asking for freelook implementation, correct? That would allow TrackIR to be used once Naturalpoint makes a TH profile? If so, I have to agree that it isn't too much to ask - and we've been asking for freelook for quite some time. I'd bet they will implement it asap.
Bingo! :D
We could all use and want freelook to be implemented it just means IF it was implemented it just means TrackIR users could use it too.Just means for TrackIR users it would be "hands free"(Believe me its not as easy either, using it ARMA was a tough thing to get used to being able to look around freely) Tho I consider it essential while I race or fly.
Bottom line is everybody wins.
TraceyLynn

Post by TraceyLynn »

Hurrah! Time for me to return to the island at last ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”