coordi

Re: Community update - 18th Feb 2010

Post by coordi »

very exciting news!
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Micah77 wrote: The only thing i'm worried about is that Avalanche will be to busy adding new stuff
(which i am not complaining about at all!) and forget about the bugs that are already in the game. The one that
i see that needs immediate fixing is ....
Don't worry. There is still a pretty active Beta tester group around that will remind the new developers on a daily basis about all what is still suboptimal in the existing game version... :lol:
Brygelsmack
Tracker

Post by Brygelsmack »

Amazing news, thanks! Can't wait for more content. You might have yourselves a new subscriber. :)
Stang51

Post by Stang51 »

Linus, Stefan and Matt

Thank you.

This is how you win friends, influence people and grow a business the right way. We are all encouraged at the news and look forward to helping The Hunter grow in a successful way. As you already know, WE are your largest source of marketing and directly influence a large number of the population by our experiences here. By having a developer that is interested in pleasing the community and making a successful business product at the same time, you have a very special mix and a unique opportunity that the large software houses, do not.

As both users and the fan base, WE "the community" would like to help in making the Hunter more successful, which we know will bring a much more enriched gaming experience to everyone; both old and new. This starts with a developer that's interested in pleasing the paying community, by providing a quality product that includes some of the majorities most wanted items. Then, continued support with communication, feedback and working together to "get the word out" to everyone, on just how great this simulation is. By working together we can ensure success and long life for a great product.

We all look forward the new things coming and fixing some of the old but most importantly, we look forward to working together, to make this the ultimate online gaming experience; that is both good for the company and the users, at the same time.

Congratulations on all your work so far and thank you again for working this out, in a positive way.
Micah77
Hunter

Post by Micah77 »

Yea i'm sure there is! I just know that if the bow were to be fixed it would definetly bring in more customers!!
As Cutch pointed out, if they had bow competitions it'd really spark things up! But they need to fix the bow before that happens! (my opinion)

Cheers all! Let The Hunter live on!!
MonacoSteve wrote:
Micah77 wrote: The only thing i'm worried about is that Avalanche will be to busy adding new stuff
(which i am not complaining about at all!) and forget about the bugs that are already in the game. The one that
i see that needs immediate fixing is ....
Don't worry. There is still a pretty active Beta tester group around that will remind the new developers on a daily basis about all what is still suboptimal in the existing game version... :lol:
Stefan Pettersson
Outfitter

Post by Stefan Pettersson »

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!

There are so many things we want to do! From releasing the big island and fixing bugs (the bow, we hear you) to making the website better (get it to work in Chrome, making it easier to find missions, etc). Not to mention the future, with new animals in entire new areas of the world, and so much more. Rest assured that the key influence of what we will prioritize will be based on the feedback from the community.

But we must start somewhere, and that is where we are today. We're running in parallel where we're already working on the client, and just starting today bringing over all the server stuff (web, game, images, etc) previously developed by Emote. There are many servers, many systems and gigabytes of source code - although we get invaluable help from Matt and some others from Emote this migration phase will take a couple of weeks until we get it under control (there are so many unknowns right now it is hard to estimate). Then we can start adding new stuff and fixing broken things. We're running as fast as we can, and we're recruiting more people to the team - we are dedicated to this!

The future is really exciting, and the best part is that WE are creating it together!
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

You're singing our song Stefan ;)

Now sing "Back In The USSR" please :D
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

thanks stefan,........................patience is what alot us have...... :D :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

gabry902
Scout

Post by gabry902 »

Im returned after months of inactivity because of the bad period, finally something is changing I have waited long time to hear these words..
-------------------------->>>> THANK YOU<<<<----------------------------
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

Thanks Stefan.
I realy looks forward now. This is going to be fun.
PS Dont forget the Wardens

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”