One way to hunt?

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
gigga97

One way to hunt?

Post by gigga97 »

I just wanna know if the animals are "Dynamic"....for example do they just spwn after you have tracked them for awhile or are they always "around"?
the answer to this might change the way I play in a big way....I just got my VIP code today and have been playing all day....but I have only seen one Mule deer.
And when I did see the mule deer it was because i was tracking....But the past 5 hours or so I was playing I was just "camping"up on a hill side in one of the "Watch towers" and I did not see a single animal :x ........5 HOURS!!!!! of just sitting there using my call and waiting.....but as soon as I go out and walk around a see some tracks....within 5 mins of seeing the tracks that mule deer comes out of the trees and right in the open where I was watching from the tower.....seems kinda odd.

Anyway....long story short I have always hunted with my grandpa and we would go to the same area every year.....We always knew there was deer around but we did not track....we would always just sit and wait on the hill side and watch the clearing for any deer to come into the open...I have gotten a deer everytime I went with him exept for this last year.
I would think thats what those towers are for.....but I guess I will just have to wait 6 hours next time....

Thanks for reading and any answers or tips would be very gratfull....

P.S. I did not know where to post this because the forum does not seem to have a section for these kind of things....If a moderator or admin needs to move It I wont put Up a fight ;) :) :D
Simo77
Tracker

Re: One way to hunt?

Post by Simo77 »

Well, 2 of my 3 kills have been by using the method that you and your grampa use. In those two instances, I walked out towards a tower. Along the way I heard deer or saw tracks. So then I got up in the tower and used the deer call. After a while I was able to draw them in.

From a technical standpoint I have no idea if the animals just spawn or if they are always out there and persistant after you spawn in the game world. But from my perspective I have been able to lure them in without problem.
gigga97

Post by gigga97 »

Thanks for the reply ;) :) :D
I found ou t I was using the call wrong....Instead of holding the left mouse button I would just push it.....It sounded like a turkey :lol:
I know now that you have to hold it down to make it sound real..

Thanks again!
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

Hi Guys,

The tracks do not define the spawning.

The animals are about in the reserve and you may find yourself coming across game while you are actively tracking another animal. You will sometimes need to be careful as you may be tracking one animal but if you spook another who is nearby you can end up spooking your target as well and adding a few more miles to your walk in the woods. :D

When tracking you will find is that if you can find that if you can stick with a trail you will gain better information.
gigga97

Post by gigga97 »

Thanks for the info :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”