Has anybody played thehunter yet?

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JupiterJoe

Has anybody played thehunter yet?

Post by JupiterJoe »

Please let other poor slobs like me, who are eagerly antipating getting the game know what it's like! Screenshots would be great too. :D
Lex

Re: Has anybody played thehunter yet?

Post by Lex »

Yup.... its awesome hehe Haven't come accross any bucks yet though... I got 3 Muley does and saw a couple of whitetail does.
Spartankonin
Spotter

Post by Spartankonin »

I myself loved it! The island you start on is insanely beautiful and the game play is right on. Once you get the curve down and figure out how they want you to proceed it is very cool. I used some spendy 3d positional audio headsets and you can actually hear the deer. I turned around very slowly with my binocs out and not more then 10 yards was my whitetail...unfortunately while i was pulling my gun he startled and I still need practice shooting while panicked myself...point is I wouldn't have known he was there if i hadnt heard him right behind me...way fun!Image
MY FIRST KILL!!!!
Last edited by Spartankonin on February 4th, 2009, 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gigga97

Post by gigga97 »

I love this game.....Would I get in trouble for uploading some gameplay footage to youtube for the people who dont have a VIP code to watch? :oops:

I checked on youtube for the hunter and the only video is a trailer for the game.
gigga97

Post by gigga97 »

Spartankonin wrote:I myself loved it! The island you start on is insanely beautiful and the game play is right on. Once you get the curve down and figure out how they want you to proceed it is very cool. I used some spendy 3d positional audio headsets and you can actually hear the deer. I turned around very slowly with my binocs out and not more then 10 yards was my whitetail...unfortunately while i was pulling my gun he startled and I still need practice shooting while panicked myself...point is I wouldn't have known he was there if i hadnt heard him right behind me...way fun!

Where did you go to get that screen shot?
I got my first kill but it just went to this screen....
Lex

Post by Lex »

That screen is in your journal for a completed mission from Doc... its the same for everyone apparently becuase mine looks exactly the same. I've got one gripe about the game so far though... I got my first whitetail buck today. In the after the kill report it doesn't tell you how many points or what its B&C score is or anything. No pictures after on your home page... nothing. I looked high and low for a list of the deer I've bagged or something. Nothing in the journal.... If I'm missing something someone let me know. I cant believe there isn't anything like that in this game.
gigga97

Post by gigga97 »

Mabey they are holding those features back till the game launch's....but I dont see why :?
As for the important info(like number of points) that is the one thing that really "ERKS" me about this game....plus tha fact you cant change mouse sensitivity....If you really wanna save pics of your hunt and kill use FRAPS or some other kind of screen capture software...thats how I got that screenie above.

FRAPS works really well...
Here is a video i posted using fraps in TheHunter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl3ahc2puxE
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Hi -- Before you all start to spread screenshots now, make sure that this is approved by Emote. I'm not sure, but als long as the game is still in kind of a testing phase, you might have to take care about the Non Disclosure Agreement connected with yout tester status.
gigga97

Post by gigga97 »

I also have a video up on youtube...the link is here on the forums.
If Emote wants me to remove these screenshots or my video I have no problem doing so. :roll:
The last thing I want happen is me losing my Tester Status :x
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

Hi Gigga,

You are okay to be posting screenshots and videos. :)

We will be adjusting the forums a little now that we are getting closer to openning the doors to the public.

We would sas people to bear in mind that although close to release you are seeing theHunter in its first blushes.
The game will grow and evolve, not just with new items, environments and species but the social space will grow and improve as well with more features developing and being added over time.

So keep the feedback coming. :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”