Release Notes - 30th November (QoL - Dogs)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Release Notes - 30th November (QoL - Dogs)

Post by AveryW88 »

NDA's have no expiration date, sorry. I mean, unless you specifically write one in (you may not talk about this thing for 3 months kind of deal).
Leadfan
Tracker

Post by Leadfan »

AveryW88 wrote:NDA's have no expiration date, sorry. I mean, unless you specifically write one in (you may not talk about this thing for 3 months kind of deal).
Thank you, i hope we see something new in 2023
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Leadfan wrote:
AveryW88 wrote:NDA's have no expiration date, sorry. I mean, unless you specifically write one in (you may not talk about this thing for 3 months kind of deal).
Thank you, i hope we see something new in 2023
They gave us new stuff in 2022, can only assume they will give us new stuff. (And HOPEFULLY a lot of the years and years and years old bugs get fixed that are still out there, that just got overlooked.)
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Sounds good so far. I have to wonder though if when I have finished a hunt with my scent hound late at night, when I close down the computer and go upstairs to bed. Will I still be looking to see where the dog is so I don't trip over him and end up going arse over head back down the stairs.

As much as I love my dog, and the great job he does carrying extra gear, how long before he stops sitting down beside a lung heart stain on the ground with a stupid look on his face and a question mark on the screen. Its times like this I would happily shoot him.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

very nice update, thanks. Great thing you thought about dogs, too. My impression was that they were forgotten. I'm glad I was wrong. What's the word with "repopulation process" (those empty areas I was telling you about some time ago) in Timbergold trail ? Any progress here ?
HPitte
Spotter

Post by HPitte »

Interesting dog QoL fixes. My Lvl.50 German Pointer is still breaking Lay Down command after I fire and/or simply exit a tree stand even without firing my weapon.

Oh, and the dog is also just randomly, repeatedly coming off a Track Felines/Deer command. One second it's in Dog Detection Activation mode and then suddenly it's not and just following me around as if I never commanded it to detect or do anything. Yet I still have to wait the required "timeout" period before commanding it to detect again.

Oh, and it turns out that the dog does this even if there is indeed a roe deer WELL within detection range during the time the dog is commanded to detect Felines/Deer.

Oh, and after calling the near and low-scoring male roe deer to me after the dog was locked onto it(with the dog being between me and the deer), it spooked from 50 meters away even though I was fully camouflaged including face paint, fully prone laying down, de-scented, and behind a tree. That NEVER happens. At least not before these "QoL dog fixes" were put into place.

Wow. This dog now simply will NOT stay in the Lay Down command. No shooting, no moving, I'm just sitting in a tripod stand calling in a reindeer and any possible lynx in the area with the e-caller. The dog lays down and then just keeps getting up and roaming around. Amazing.

I'll say something positive ..ish ..about this fix tho.. I'm not tripping over my dog anymore. Yay! ..buuuut, I'd rather be tripping over my dog than having it not stay on command
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Hemmeldal is a pointer. The dog seems to be scared, even the rats. Birds fly away, foxes too, not to mention deer))) Or is it planned so? ;)
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I had no trouble with my one hunting Ptarmigan in Hemmeldal. Just as usual, but I did not try on foxes, lynx and deer.
Spoiler:
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

Since the latest update, the ghost magpie goose that circles forever and is invisible, is back. Also, my retriever some of the time doesn't enter the blind directly without bumping and making a second attempt.
papy109
Spotter

Post by papy109 »

It is interesting to note that when an animal is wounded with an arrow, the dog almost always finds the animal, which is not really the case when shooting a bullet. In this case it happens that after 3 to 4 traces that the dog sits down!
On the other hand would it be possible to take two dogs with you? Useful for the detection of game then its search by the trace.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”