Can you spot the difference?

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: Can you spot the difference?

Post by calamar2000 »

Mrmr123 wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:How did you manage to remove the tree?
Well this is a fun story, was doing some running at the boarder then i decided i am gonna fast travel to this tent at the lake, i do my normal routine to call upon my arrival, so i call rein deer, to my surprise there was 3 herds 20 meters behind me, so i crawl trying to reach my tree stand before they are over me specially those trotting females, and then i couldn't find my Tree stand. i started panicking,,, i looked left and right and i was very confused,,, long story short, they spooked, so i stood looking around on which tree i had my stand on, took me a while to realize well not just the stand is gone but the tree it self was gone,,, i started seeing message pop up very faint and fast that a beaver did something to the tree :o
it's funny ! usually it's on Val Des Bois! because I am not on too much load?
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Mrmr123 wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:How did you manage to remove the tree?
Well this is a fun story, was doing some running at the boarder then i decided i am gonna fast travel to this tent at the lake, i do my normal routine to call upon my arrival, so i call rein deer, to my surprise there was 3 herds 20 meters behind me, so i crawl trying to reach my tree stand before they are over me specially those trotting females, and then i couldn't find my Tree stand. i started panicking,,, i looked left and right and i was very confused,,, long story short, they spooked, so i stood looking around on which tree i had my stand on, took me a while to realize well not just the stand is gone but the tree it self was gone,,, i started seeing message pop up very faint and fast that a beaver did something to the tree :o
I'd shoot the beaver.

Did you get the tree stand back?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

With the beaver, the stand just appears back in the players lodge. To me it's still a mystery why such thing even exists, for sure not for the beavers sake since the beaver isnt even real. Maybe a cover up incase something goes wrong and the stand didnt spawn in the tree when game loaded.

Now what comes to the missing tree I suspect a shed. Antler shed when spawned, clears it's immidiate vicinity of certain things such as grass, bushes even big rocks. Never seen a tree move out of ones way but I guess thats the only reasonable explanation here. And you could have completely missed the shed, reindeer shed is easy to spot but a single roe shed isn't. My original response was 444 which implies to the reindeer shed you picked up not too long ago but you would have noticed the tree pop back up when you picked it up :)
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The scene complexity setting plays a role for certain trees. They exist when this setting is on high, but not when on low (or was it vice versa?). I have not seen many of those.

If you hang a treestand in one setting, you might get a beaver message when you start in the other setting. The treestand cannot be deployed, because the tree is simply not there.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

HooCairs wrote:The scene complexity setting plays a role for certain trees. They exist when this setting is on high, but not when on low (or was it vice versa?). I have not seen many of those.

If you hang a treestand in one setting, you might get a beaver message when you start in the other setting. The treestand cannot be deployed, because the tree is simply not there.
exact ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

I have seen the beaver msg too many times in the old days when i was carrying my stand with me all the time, i was the one who was able to reproduce the beaver bug and then it got fixed by the Devs, i have not seen it since then, and when it used to happen the stand just disappear and go back to the inventory lodge but this was my first time seeing a tree it self disappear, and i was not playing on different game settings, everything was normal, i hunted this tree stand on this tree few times before with no issues, but this was me starting my hunt with it, this time it was late hunt and i just wanted to visit that spot when everything glitched out, i suspect a long distance fast travel or the too many weird reindeer that were in the area to have caused this.

And no, it was not a collectable that spawned under the tree, because if that was the case, i would hit invisible wall representing the tree like when it happens with rocks. instead i was able to walk where that tree was suppose to be but my game kept trying to disconnect me when i was in that tree position, plus the beaver bug that kept appearing like crazy.

The tree it self stayed glitched for me, even after i setup up my treestand again on it on new session and went to sleep, the next day it was gone again from the map, and not only it was gone but also somehow the tent and other treestand i setup after it, also gone.

This was the session in question if anyone needs to know

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/mrmr ... /107896873
Last edited by Mrmr123 on December 23rd, 2021, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Yet I would dare to say most people who encounter this beaver message did not change any settings, including me.

A tree gone missing because of scene complexity sounds about as silly as the floating ice on whiterime where your scene complexity literally determines if you can or cannot harvest a polar bear, or any other animal, shot on the ice they often roam. Gotta lure them back to solid ground, an animal you can't lure :D.

With the other stupid things, whats another drop in an ocean.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”