theHunter:Classic Companion

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: theHunter:Classic Companion

Post by BuiuRei »

At least the graphics worked just fine!
Spoiler:
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Here are some quick things I've noticed.

My bobcat seems to be above the maximum score

My perfect cottontail seems to not be so perfect, my guess is that there is a .xxxx digit after its score on the scoresheet that we couldn't see before

My RME seems to be missing its face, and it also only shows the color blue for a 4th place leaderboard RME, do you calculate these based only on max score?

My Rusa seems to be missing its face, and it also only shows the color blue for a 2nd place leaderboard Rusa

Assuming that orange signifies a decent animal, my top 10 feral goat seems to be barely trophy status

Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Considering what we know are top tier animals are not all scoring in the green should this tool be called CSS checker rather than trophy checker? Someone who doesn't know better might think some of these animals are meh.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Deconstructed wrote:

Considering what we know are top tier animals are not all scoring in the green should this tool be called CSS checker rather than trophy checker? Someone who doesn't know better might think some of these animals are meh.
Aye, seems a lot of weight been put on the CSS dragging down or up animal scores. So where you have an animal with a high theoretical max score which will never be got close to, such as feral goat, bison, Elk, Bighorn, the checker trophy score drops...........

splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Ok! I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend! Time to dig into that database some more and see what went phooey... ;) Thanks for checking it out and letting me know!
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

THC_Companion

Post by THC_Companion »

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into fine-tuning the numbers.
curlyCoyote wrote:Here are some quick things I've noticed.
My bobcat seems to be above the maximum score
Does the Trophy Checker give you a good idea of whether it's a trophy or not? That is really it's purpose.
Do you know what the exact maximum score is?
My perfect cottontail seems to not be so perfect, my guess is that there is a .xxxx digit after its score on the scoresheet that we couldn't see before
You should include a link to the scoresheet so we can see what the score is there. I assume it's really close to nearly almost perfect, but not quite. ;)
My RME seems to be missing its face, and it also only shows the color blue for a 4th place leaderboard RME, do you calculate these based only on max score?
My Rusa seems to be missing its face, and it also only shows the color blue for a 2nd place leaderboard Rusa
Assuming that orange signifies a decent animal, my top 10 feral goat seems to be barely trophy status
Images fixed, thanks.

Yes, the top of the gauge is the maximum possible score, as documented in the wiki (https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/CSS)
And the bottom is the minimum possible score.
We could use the highest leaderboard score ever achieved for each species, but then when someone gets a new leaderboard animal the gauge would go over 100.
And we would have to continuously update the top scores. We'll take a look at automating that.

As for the ranges, we borrowed the formula from UHC (we know those guys :D ).
Orange: 50 - 75%
Blue: 75 - 90%
Green: 90 - 100%

We're open to suggestions. What constitutes a "Trophy" animal? I'm sure there's a plethora of opinions on that one.
Keeping in mind that the whole thing came about to answer the question, "Is my animal worthy of posting in the 'Post Your TruRACS Trophies' topic?"

The CSS is just a reference, since CSS doesn't show up on the scoresheets you can use this tool to check that, if it interests you.
The gauge shows where the animal falls between the lowest & highest possible scores for that animal. (Normalized Score)
Which is essentially CSS without the multiplier. (Score - Min) / (Max - Min)
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Some of the max scores in wiki are wrong.
THC_Companion

Post by THC_Companion »

ogruls wrote:Some of the max scores in wiki are wrong.
Obviously, but what are the right scores?
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

THC_Companion wrote:
Maybe a better way to phrase that... does anyone have the top numbers from (any/all of) the past 30 leaderboards to compare to what we have? Feel free to PM me so the team and I can make sure our data is the most accurate for everyone to use.

If you know me here, you know that I like to crunch numbers like that. ;)
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

THC_Companion wrote:
Only the dev's will know that one mate. You just need to adjust down / up the top score to be more inline with reality from reserves and should be enough. Excellent work your all doing by the way, much appreciated.

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”