Just felt like flexing this duck hunting photo :)

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
Brutus969
Scout

Just felt like flexing this duck hunting photo :)

Post by Brutus969 »

What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

jttoo
Hunter

Re: Just felt like flexing this duck hunting photo :)

Post by jttoo »

How were you able to take that picture?
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

jttoo wrote:How were you able to take that picture?
I would guess that retriever gathered all the ducks in one place and then you just need to confirm one, then enter photo mode and spend a lot of time arranging all the ducks. Cool picture as result.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Faaantastic photo! :)

For those who don't know, if you have many dead ducks uncollected, they start spreading their wings perfectly and even start gliding. All you need to do is shoot many and never collect one. The effect might have been increased by removing the waterfowl blind.

The duck pictures in the Wiki were made using this effect.
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Water ... ck_Gallery
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Oh and let me guess, not a single Gadwall...
Spoiler:
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

This piece of art deserves a place in MOMA! Beautiful!!!
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

jttoo wrote:How were you able to take that picture?
- Need a waterfowl blind and a high level retriever, or multiple retrievers (I have one level 43 and two new ones, 3 in total)
- Shoot ducks, send dog to fetch, make sure you are in the blind so he puts it inside the blind
- Keep shooting ducks and fetching. After a certain number have been shot, each subsequent duck shot down will instantly trigger one of the corpses to T-wing, spreading their wings (something similarly weird happens with sambar - a dead sambar will instantly "stand up straight" upon shooting down another :D :D :D )
- Ducks will pile up in the blind and there will be a struggle for space between them, you and your dog! Each time you go to change retrievers you will notice upon reentering the blind that you might be elevated or having to navigate a sort of "duck maze" - here is a tiny video I made of life in my "duck tower" :mrgreen:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 2-18_1.mp4

- Once you are happy, dismantle the blind! Harvest one duck on the side with the best lighting and voila!!! No additional time spent arranging ducks!
- a side note, in general when the dog fetches, sometimes the duck ragdoll goes haywire and can have the effect of launching the player into the air - I didn't trust this not to ruin my precious tower so whenever I saw the model going nuts I exited the blind and harvested it before the dog could come in

There were actually about a dozen more ducks above the photo, one was as high as 110m, had to go out of render and back to harvest them all. In that pic there are about 90 ducks I think. You can see on the floor to the left of my avatar a pile of ducks which aren't in T-wing formation - had I shot more ducks, they would have T-winged too. Fantastic bug :P
HooCairs wrote:Oh and let me guess, not a single Gadwall...
Had actually been quite lucky with them. These were the numbers for the whole hunt:
71 Mallard
21 Northern Pintail
24 American Black Duck
28 Gadwall
El Turista wrote:This piece of art deserves a place in MOMA! Beautiful!!!
Thank you yes I am really proud lmao :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: it's my desktop background now :D :D
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

So I tried to copy this but it did not turn out as impressive. Also around 90 birds shot.

Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Brutus969 very creative way to do a trophy shot. ;) 8-)

nice pic hoo. :D

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”