An EPIC hunt to remember...

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

An EPIC hunt to remember...

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Let me tell a story about what just happened. This was an amazing hunt, one of a kind, a rare hunt, and just not typical at all.

I'm in the middle of a long run taking down some equipments on the RFF map, so I can reshuffle a little bit. My backpack is empty, just carry 1 tent, 1 308, and 10 bullets, when I suddenly see...

1. ...something wrong? What was that, where was it? Did I see something? I definetly saw something gray in the green? I prone, wait 10 sec, listens. I stand up and spot just a tiny bit of gray color, before it was gone. Where did it go, what was that? It was dense forrest, and no good view. I wait and wait, and then suddenly an Elk calls right in front of me. Oh my, speaking to my self, "just tell me I have an Elk caller in my backpak", just be there, and so lucky, I did actually have the Elk caller with me, amazing, I blow the thrumpet with all my breath and wait patiently eating grass in prone position, until my first thought came sneaking. Oh my, please tell me he is alone, please... I stand up, see nothing, I must take a shot as soon as possible, Elk's almost never walk alone I was thinking. Then I see a white (not gray), Elk come up from a sinking in the ground, walking right towards me, but of course, he stops perfecty hidden from a good shot behind a tree. Booom, I fire the 308, followed by another bullet, and another bullet, and then right in the bag. This is, if I remember correct, my first Albino Male Elk (Score 189):

Oh my, I was thinking, my first albino Elk, so happy I... What was that? Did I just see something more, no way, it isn't happening. At about don't know distance, but for sure trees, I see a...

2. ...trotting Piebald Male Elk. I bring up the 308 and give him the best Body Shot ever, could not be done better, bullet no. 2, 3, 4, and so on, marked all the trees in his flee direction. I followed his blood track and bagged him with care (Score 170).

The hunt goes on, I'm talking with a friend on MP, and I say: This just have to be a Golden Server, 2 rare ones in the same hunt is just not happening. Then he replies, you're right, it's not happening, here is number 3, a Melanistic Male Elk. You are joking I said. No he replied, I'm not joking. And he bagged that Elk. I have not confimed this, but I trust him when he say so. In the middle of this conversation, I see something very big...

3. ...a big Male Elk. Oh my, I pull up the 308 and "Klick", no bullets, how can I have no bullets? I took a screenshot with steam, and this is what I see:

This is just not happening I was thinking, not happening. I can't fast travel to lodge, thats too far, but I have a tent. What should I do? Sneak out of render, put down tent, and then come back? He is maybe not the slow type, I may end up tracking, or maybe not make it at all. Okay, I'we managed to sneak a little away, maybe 50-100m, I look at him knowing he will be gone when this tent is placed down right here. Gone! But I fill up magasine, take down tent and start tracking. Right to hill of stones, where typically no tracks are very visible, great, just super great. I'm walking around in sircle, but after a while I deside a direction. All the way to the outer limit of the huntermate an Elk makes a call, and so lucky as it can be It's him calling. Again a "perfect" Body Shot followed by bullet no. 2, 3, and 4, but ended up tracking , and finally a nice bag (Score 369).

It was getting late in the hunt, and I desided to fast travle to lodge, gear up, and take a walk on the bright side, that is sea side, west. I had walked for a while without any male tracks or calls, only female WT here and there. Then I see someting in the distance got spooked. I went over there and see some male WT tracks. If I had spooked them, they would have flee stright ahead, but instead I get a WT call in the far 90 degree of where I was heading. I desided to check this out, and this is what I see:

4. An NT-WT in the far distance! Oh my, is this just happening? Yes it is. I manage to shoot him and he drop on the spot.

I walk over to him and then something goes wrong. I can't take a Trophy Shot! I try this and that, but nothing works. I take some screenshots and exit the harwest screen, here are some screenshots (Score 137). Link to animal: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/pret ... /628518096

So, this was a very good hunt, It also show it is possible to get several rare ones and non-typicals in the same hunt. Now I must have a rest, stay cool everyone. Oh my...

Link to hunt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/pret ... n/83857662

Happy Hunting :)

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: An EPIC hunt to remember...

Post by SoftShoe »

Dang! You had more rare success in one hunt than I have had in my whole Classic career! :lol:

Truly a one in a million hunt, congrats!

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

SoftShoe wrote:Dang! You had more rare success in one hunt than I have had in my whole Classic career! :lol:

Truly a one in a million hunt, congrats!
Thanks! It was a 6 hours long hunt, and I think I left my chair for only 5 minutes in total. I checked my friends Melanistic Elk, it was a Female and not a Male, I must have heard him wrong, my mistake, Link. After the hunt another funny thing happened, I went to my bedroom to sleep, but I heard some unusual sound coming from the outside. I pulled my curtains to the side, and surprisingly I see a seagull car. The first snow of the winter had arrived, it was snowing not just a little, but more like 15-20cm, totally white everywhere. For a moment I thought, did this just happened... :shock:

BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

awesome hunt!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Brilliant stuff, well done man, luck isn't the word :)
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Wow great hunt mate, one you will never forget :)
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

TreeKiwi wrote:Wow great hunt mate, one you will never forget :)
Indeed! After this hunt I had to kick out and replace 4 animals in my RFF Lodge. The Male Elk Albino is now lying peacefully on the floor, in the "Full Body" spot. It replaced a 217 Moose that is now on the fireplace wall close up to the sealing. :)

Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

First PB, LOVE the avatar. Next, congratulations on a hunt which had to have been an adrenaline rush from beginning to end. Love the story and the screen captures, thank you so much for sharing.
Spoiler:

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”