Is my animal a trophy worth posting? Find out here ...

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
Seifer
Hunter

Re: Is my animal a trophy worth posting? Find out here ...

Post by Seifer »

Very Cool! Can't find it on the UHC website though. Have to access it through this thread?
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

What does that Copy Forum Post do?
Spoiler:

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I put it right in the bookmarks, great tool, specially for new players ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice and helpful tool David! :)

I have to say though: I think you should consider different percentages for different species. I guess you make the cut at 90? Seeing Seifer's example: I'd rather post a 101 sitka than a 28 polar bear!
Image Image Image
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

This is what the Copy Forum Post button does. Click the button, paste in the forum and this is what it does:

Whitetail Deer (Non-Typical)
Score: 308.147

View the scoresheet here.

Post generated by UHC Trophy Animal Checker. Join UHC free today here.
Spoiler:

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Its good but some species need some work, reindeer are scored weird because they get to 700+ but even a 550+ is a giant.
This is #99 on leaders and it says "88 good" and doesn't recommend to be posted in the TruRacs
(not shot by me)

Reindeer
Score: 616.418

View the scoresheet here.

Post generated by UHC Trophy Animal Checker. Join UHC free today here.
Nathan22Outdoors
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:...the natural reaction is to think it's a monster and want to post a trophy shot in one of the popular trophy shot sections of the forum.
Which is a bad thing now?

Someone new who is very excited about their first red deer stag scoring "only" 220 should better not post?

Pretty trophy shots should no longer be posted unless the score meets the minimal standard?

In short, no good score, no posting please, no matter if you are excited, would like to fit in, or have taken a good picture?

Just questions to make sure I understand.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Sorry Boypappa or whoever you are, you might think that you got an awesome 627.221 that is ranked #59 on the leaderboard near the end of the season, but he judges have spoken, it's not a true trophy animal, do don't you dare posting it! :)

Jokes aside, nice tool for people new to this game, well done. ;)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Seifer wrote:Can't find it on the UHC website though. Have to access it through this thread?
I still need to create links between the two. I wanted to get a feel for whether it would be used first.
Tanngnjostr wrote:I think you should consider different percentages for different species. I guess you make the cut at 90?
At the moment the cut-off is 90 (% of leaderboard #1) for all species. For some, that number will need to be tweaked, but I guess we would need to decide what those thresholds become. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do in a situation where scoring changes and a new season doesn't start straight away (current Piccabeen Bay situation) since that creates huge gaps in the leaderboard. Nevertheless, varying thresholds can always be added. The problem is, people might always want the threshold adjusted to suit them, not that it really matters since this "rating" is just a rough guideline.
HooCairs wrote:Someone new who is very excited about their first red deer stag scoring "only" 220 should better not post?

Pretty trophy shots should no longer be posted unless the score meets the minimal standard?

In short, no good score, no posting please, no matter if you are excited, would like to fit in, or have taken a good picture?
No, to all of the above. Everyone is free to post trophy shots of lower scoring animals, like I said in the TruRACS thread when all the debate was going on. To be clear, this is just a tool to be used as a guide for people that want to know how their animal ranks against those on the leaderboard. Nobody is obliged to use this, or to take the recommendation as gospel. It's not a tool intended to force users to follow rules, and if it was, it would certainly fail. It's just a way of getting a quick comparison of your animal against the current leaderboard #1.
Levado wrote:Sorry Boypappa or whoever you are, you might think that you got an awesome 627.221 that is ranked #59 on the leaderboard near the end of the season, but he judges have spoken, it's not a true trophy animal, do don't you dare posting it!
Yeah, OK, point made. Like I said above, the thresholds need to be tweaked. And for the record it never tells anyone not to post. It makes a recommendation on what's worth posting and what isn't. The important word being "recommendation".
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Very nice tool!
Great work UHC team
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”