Is my animal a trophy worth posting? Find out here ...

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Is my animal a trophy worth posting? Find out here ...

Post by caledonianblues »

Introducing the UHC Trophy Animal Checker
http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/trophycheck

The first time you harvest a buck, a hog with what looks like decent tusks, or a moose that looks to have a large set of antlers, the natural reaction is to think it's a monster and want to post a trophy shot in one of the popular trophy shot sections of the forum. Perhaps you shot an animal which you think is a rare and you're not sure and need some clarification? If you want to check your trophy shot first to see if it really is a monster, or a rare animal, you can use the UHC Trophy Animal Checker. All you have to do is paste the link to the scoresheet into the text box then click the Check Animal button.

Once you paste a valid scoresheet (must be for an animal that has a trophy shot) you should see a summary of the animal. This summary includes a recommendation on which thread(s) to post your trophy shot in.

Then, most importantly you will see a Copy Forum Post button which prepares a post for you and copies it automatically to your clipboard. Then all you have to do is open the recommended thread (the summary includes links) and paste the contents of your clipboard into the thread and click Submit. Everything is done for you.

Questions, feedback and suggestions welcome as always.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Is my animal a trophy worth posting? Find out here ...

Post by Generalkommendant »

That's really cool! I will try it out at once!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

That’s a really good initiative, David. And a very good job. If this takes and it is somehow promoted by the UHC team, tH community, and maybe even our two Community Managers, this can go a loooong way in helping to keep the threads in theme, especially if new users sign up. Good job to all involved.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

going to test it out, too bad you must have a trophy shot to use it
Nathan22Outdoors
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

this would work super good if the trophy pics in the gallery had a link to the score sheet so we dont have to scroll through hunts and kills
Nathan22Outdoors
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Nathan112244 wrote:going to test it out, too bad you must have a trophy shot to use it
The purpose of the tool is to help people determine if a trophy shot is worth posting. Why would you want it to work on animals without trophy shots? :)
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:going to test it out, too bad you must have a trophy shot to use it
The purpose of the tool is to help people determine if a trophy shot is worth posting. Why would you want it to work on animals without trophy shots? :)
i was thinking mid hunt to see if its a trophy tor rare to see if its worth taking a trophy pic of
Nathan22Outdoors
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Nathan112244 wrote:i was thinking mid hunt to see if its a trophy tor rare to see if its worth taking a trophy pic of
The problem is at that point there's no scoresheet to post so you'd have to select the species from a list and enter the score. I've had bad experiences alt-tabbing from the hunter mate harvest screen. I guess you could use another device such as a smartphone.
Gonetae
Tracker

Post by Gonetae »

Great wee app!, I've never posted in that thread before (I think) as I was so unsure about scorings but just made my first post now after checking via the app. Great job man /salute
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:i was thinking mid hunt to see if its a trophy tor rare to see if its worth taking a trophy pic of
The problem is at that point there's no scoresheet to post so you'd have to select the species from a list and enter the score. I've had bad experiences alt-tabbing from the hunter mate harvest screen. I guess you could use another device such as a smartphone.
yea, doesn't work out all the time :lol:
i was also thinking if someone shoots an animal and asks if its big but you forget the scoring for that animal we could use this but then they would need to take the pic first then delete it if its small
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”