Is my animal a trophy worth posting? Find out here ...

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Is my animal a trophy worth posting? Find out here ...

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Someone new who is very excited about their first red deer stag scoring "only" 220 should better not post?

Pretty trophy shots should no longer be posted unless the score meets the minimal standard?

In short, no good score, no posting please, no matter if you are excited, would like to fit in, or have taken a good picture?
No, to all of the above. Everyone is free to post trophy shots of lower scoring animals, like I said in the TruRACS thread when all the debate was going on. To be clear, this is just a tool to be used as a guide for people that want to know how their animal ranks against those on the leaderboard. Nobody is obliged to use this, or to take the recommendation as gospel. It's not a tool intended to force users to follow rules, and if it was, it would certainly fail. It's just a way of getting a quick comparison of your animal against the current leaderboard #1.
Thanks, glad to hear. The thread title had me worried. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Another useful feature.
Thank you David.
I was thinking to post my BT in TruRACS thread! :lol:

I have a suggestion. You see that some players take screenshots from Trophy Checker window and put the picture in here. What do you think about adding a share button and players can share their trophy checked animal to others? I think every checked animal should have a unique URL! I'm not sure if that's easy to implement or not.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HD_Artworks wrote:I have a suggestion. You see that some players take screenshots from Trophy Checker window and put the picture in here. What do you think about adding a share button and players can share their trophy checked animal to others? I think every checked animal should have a unique URL! I'm not sure if that's easy to implement or not.
It would be easy enough to implement, I just don't really want the forum littered with those pictures when really it's the trophy animal people want to see. What I can do is add a unique URL to the phpBB that gets generated and copied to your clipboard, so when people post their trophy there's also a link to see the UHC summary for that animal. Good suggestion.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Nice work Cale, this tool should definitely help the newcomers out.
Sure, it needs some tweaks on some scores, but that's reasonably easy to adjust.

Well done indeed!

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Dyeuz also created this thread (The Picture Bazaar (https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=86426) a while back for hunters to post pics of non-trophies and pretty much anything else.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Pretty neat thanks! I hope word gets around so people actually use it. I tested it with a couple marginal trophies of my own & think it gives good advice.
HD_Artworks wrote: Image
Anything below a 20 they should change the verbiage to "You're kidding right?" :lol:

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HooCairs wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:...the natural reaction is to think it's a monster and want to post a trophy shot in one of the popular trophy shot sections of the forum.
Which is a bad thing now?

Someone new who is very excited about their first red deer stag scoring "only" 220 should better not post?

Pretty trophy shots should no longer be posted unless the score meets the minimal standard?

In short, no good score, no posting please, no matter if you are excited, would like to fit in, or have taken a good picture?

Just questions to make sure I understand.
Hoo, there is a thread for excited people with their first "trophy"...here: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=86426

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HD_Artworks wrote:I have a suggestion. You see that some players take screenshots from Trophy Checker window and put the picture in here. What do you think about adding a share button and players can share their trophy checked animal to others? I think every checked animal should have a unique URL! I'm not sure if that's easy to implement or not.
I'm not going to create a share button for the image, but now, if you use the tool to generate your post, it will include a link so anyone can click it to see that animal on the UHC site, with the rating and checkboxes. I also created a link to the main UHC website. For UHC members, you can now find this tool in the UHC Toolbox (available on the main menu across to the top).

Tweaks for some of the animal thresholds will be along soon.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

great work, david. i hope it gets used a lot
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Fantastic job!!! What an app!!!
Thank you David!!! :)

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”