VIDEO - Muzzy Pistol vs. Water Buffalo Field Test

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

So I ended up getting that muzzy pistol, and was wondering how it does against Water Buffalo. The findings in the video. :)

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
nachthexe
Hunter

Re: VIDEO - Muzzy Pistol vs. Water Buffalo Field Test

Post by nachthexe »

Ty for the video HC.
The penetration of this pistol is totally overpowered considering it is a short barreled muzzleloader with a roundball ammo according to EW, even though the animation shows a pointed tip. A better penetration than a rifle? that is total nonsense, sorry EW. I caved in and bought it because sabot ammo for smaller animals was promised by EW. Overall the most unrealistic performance currently.

I am a bit concerned that the current performance is used as a bait to buy it, and will be nerfed later. If that happens I will demand a refund.
Code: Select all
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

nachthexe wrote:Ty for the video HC.
The penetration of this pistol is totally overpowered considering it is a short barreled muzzleloader with a roundball ammo according to EW, even though the animation shows a pointed tip. A better penetration than a rifle? that is total nonsense, sorry EW. I caved in and bought it because sabot ammo for smaller animals was promised by EW. Overall the most unrealistic performance currently.

I am a bit concerned that the current performance is used as a bait to buy it, and will be nerfed later. If that happens I will demand a refund.
Am curious, but are seeing only what you want to see? The description on the Muzzy Pistol says:

. 50 Inline Muzzleloading Pistol
Silver
Capacity cost 1.5
Here is a beast of a handgun that will assist any hunter on their big game hunting adventures. The gun features a 14-inch stainless steal fluted barrel with a black polymer checkered grip. It's a great mix of both fancy and effective handgun hunting.

This Muzzleloading Pistol can be placed in the handgun slot and is loaded with a .50 lead bullet for big game hunting.

I don’t know where you are reading that EW says it’s roundball ammo. Even in the description it states .50 lead bullet, it does not say anywhere or even hints that the ammo is round ball.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Another good vid Ron!

A conical bullet has ridiculous penetration from muzzle loader even at modest velocities so long as it doesnt expand. With the game mechanic of 2 lungs hit being close to instant kill this pistol will overperform. The reality is IRL sure you will double lung the animal but you will have a tracking session in front of you.

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
nachthexe wrote:Ty for the video HC.

Am curious, but are seeing only what you want to see? The description on the Muzzy Pistol says:

. 50 Inline Muzzleloading Pistol
Silver
Capacity cost 1.5
Here is a beast of a handgun that will assist any hunter on their big game hunting adventures. The gun features a 14-inch stainless steal fluted barrel with a black polymer checkered grip. It's a great mix of both fancy and effective handgun hunting.

This Muzzleloading Pistol can be placed in the handgun slot and is loaded with a .50 lead bullet for big game hunting.

I don’t know where you are reading that EW says it’s roundball ammo. Even in the description it states .50 lead bullet, it does not say anywhere or even hints that the ammo is round ball.
It is a lead bullet!! A lead bullet fired from a muzzle loader pistol! There is no way that it can have the penetration like an encased rifle round. They can write whatever they want in the description because it can be programmed as needed/desired. EW can introduce a big game hunter sling that does a double lung penetration at 200m. And the sling would be able to do that because it is programmed in that way and the description says it.
The question here is, is it realistic?
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

SoftShoe wrote:Another good vid Ron!

A conical bullet has ridiculous penetration from muzzleloader even at modest velocities so long as it doesnt expand. With the game mechanic of 2 lungs hit being close to instant kill this pistol will overperform. The reality is IRL sure you will double lung the animal but you will have a tracking session in front of you.
Lead is not known for not expanding. Also, Dude, that is an HC video! ;)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

It's basically a copy of this round from Federal. It has a polymer tip, and a polymer cup. The lead version is 350gr.

https://www.federalpremium.com/muzzlelo ... mz-system/
Personal Bests...
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

nachthexe wrote:
It is a lead bullet!! A lead bullet fired from a muzzle loader pistol! There is no way that it can have the penetration like an encased rifle round.
Dude, I assume you are just stating opinion because you are flat out wrong!

Modern bullets are designed to expand using their high velocity to assist in it. That expansion increases resistance reducing penetration.
Lead conical aka Minnie Balls are just a chunk of lead. Sure lead is soft but you will rarely hear or see one recovered from game unless its shot head on & the Minnie happens to lodge in a hip bone after transiting the entire animal. You will occasionaly see ones recovered from target backstops but in that case they just penetrated FEET of dirt & sure they will be flattened out pretty nicely after expending every bit of their energy. Against flesh they do not expand at all unless they hit a bone & it needs to be a pretty substantial bone at that.

Its all about mass. a 400-600gr Minnie is only traveling in the neighborhood of 12-1400fps but that is allot of momentum & that momentum will punch through everything on 4 ft.

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I personaly don't care that much if it is "realistic" or not. Are run & gun Bison realistic, are the turkeys "realistic"..... is our tracking "realistic" etc etc. No-one will buy a gun that is poo, example the .45 pistol that would hardly drop air. people do want a certain level of reality but at the the end of the day it is a GAME WHERE YOU SHOOT THINGS DEAD. If this weapon is fun, gets the job done and makes money in the real world for EW it's fine with me. Getting up on a high horse of being "realistic" for me holds no water in a game of this size and longevity. It will only continue to thrive if players can drop animals.

As always this is just my opinion..... but I am right...... as always..... ask my wife :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Schlachtwolf wrote:I personaly don't care that much if it is "realistic" or not.
I agree in principle. My point was the gun will penetrate well which when tied with the mechanic of animals dropping from a double lung makes it a better killer then it really is. Should it still be ethical for the game its listed as? Probably. Should there be more work in getting an animal to drop? I think so.

Muzzleloaders are an area of expertise of mine. That is to say, traditional ones. I dont know much about inlines by design. I have zero interest in them. However they are a muzzle loader after a fashion so the same principles apply.
Schlachtwolf wrote: As always this is just my opinion..... but I am right...... as always..... ask my wife :lol:
Of that I have no doubt. My wife will similarly tell you that I am always right until I disagree with her at which point I am always wrong :lol:

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”