TFW you get multiple does in one sitting even though it was supposed to make a spooky-ing

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
deerman30
Tracker

TFW you get multiple does in one sitting even though it was supposed to make a spooky-ing

Post by deerman30 »

srsly what happened :?:
I shot. one died, the rest kept moving.

Loadout:
weapon: Snakebite Compound Bow (camo)
items: binoculars, scent elim mini, deer grunt
clothing: c pic

I Love Big Racks
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: TFW you get multiple does in one sitting even though it was supposed to make a spooky-ing

Post by Fletchette »

Uh, what?
Personal Bests...
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: TFW you get multiple does in one sitting even though it was supposed to make a spooky-ing

Post by Nathan112244 »

Fletchette wrote:Uh, what?
LMFAO :lol: :lol: wondering the same thing
Nathan22Outdoors
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Hi deerman30!

When you use a quiet weapon like a bow, and the animal you fire at dies instantly, the surrounding animals may not spook. This is intentional.
By being a good marksman you can take down several animals this way - even if it is unrealistic compared to irl. That's the big advantage of bow hunting in this game.

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

*you only took one arrow to hunt with?
*Your local regulations limit you to 1 harvest?

A lot easier to guess what didn't happen such as, you didn't shoot them all ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

Radamus wrote:

Ah, i should've told the whole story. *clears throat*

Yesterday when i went out to look for mule deer bucks for a competition, I happened upon a group of females while i was searching. So i said to my self "hey, maybe i should do some target practice while I'm here." Then i did. Yet something wasn't right. the females didn't spook when i shot. Like villkatta said, the animals dont spook when you drop an animal. But this happened when i didn't know. Here's the weird part. There was a female where i hit a body shot, but didn't spook. I thought I would lose the whole group with the bow's noise level, but the rest moved on to the location where i made that call. The female that had an arrow in its body just kept moving like nothing happened. After taking out the entire group, with that particular female last to die, i took a moment to begin questioning what had happened. I was beginning to think that there was some bug in the animals' "spooking system". Eventually....i decided to not question it (because there's too much to think about) and keep going. later, i kept searching for bucks, but with no luck. Then I gave up and hit exit. the end, probably.

I Love Big Racks
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

deerman30 wrote:
Radamus wrote:

Ah, i should've told the whole story. *clears throat*

Yesterday when i went out to look for mule deer bucks for a competition, I happened upon a group of females while i was searching. So i said to my self "hey, maybe i should do some target practice while I'm here." Then i did. Yet something wasn't right. the females didn't spook when i shot. Like villkatta said, the animals dont spook when you drop an animal. But this happened when i didn't know. Here's the weird part. There was a female where i hit a body shot, but didn't spook. I thought I would lose the whole group with the bow's noise level, but the rest moved on to the location where i made that call. The female that had an arrow in its body just kept moving like nothing happened. After taking out the entire group, with that particular female last to die, i took a moment to begin questioning what had happened. I was beginning to think that there was some bug in the animals' "spooking system". Eventually....i decided to not question it (because there's too much to think about) and keep going. later, i kept searching for bucks, but with no luck. Then I gave up and hit exit. the end, probably.
This is a bug that's currently affecting bows, and crossbows. I believe it has been reported, but I'm too lazy to check right now. The same thing happens with me when I bow hunt roe deer at my TS in Hemmeldal.

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

OK, makes a lot more sense now- So, it's what Villkata said - It happens but it's hit and miss. I haven't seen it for a while, but I've seen it a lot of times. I believe it happens more in MP than SP but happens in both. Yes, that first deer should have spooked as you know and taken all the rest with it most likely. So it's wandering around time would've been it's wound time if you had waited for it to die- The score sheet should've been correct showing the showing the shot counted - I think you said it showed body - so yep, it's a "thing" ... and the tough part for the devs is "can it be reproduced" and you can't say 100% - go do this, with this like this and this happens" ... So it's a tough one for them to fix when they can't digest the data to explain the W's to fix it.

For future reference - with the way you posted this question we didn't understand what it meant, so we're going to have some fun with it :D - with your follow up now we'll all go "OK, yeah, we got you" ... So, end of the day - that issue - SNAFU - Situation Normal All ...... you know the rest :lol: . but as the glass half full person most of the time look at it like this because it's all about perspective. Is it not true that the ones we love the most still have flaws? :mrgreen:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Radamus wrote: but as the glass half full person
Good one! Your glass is always full! :lol: :lol: :lol: JK of course, it is a great personality to have especially when you play in a lot of competitions! :D

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”