TROPHY SCORES LIST ( TruRAC section )

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

TROPHY SCORES LIST ( TruRAC section )

Post by DYEUZ »

Hello fellow hunters. :)

Lately , i did a little thread , to help out the new players , unfamiliar , with some sections of the forum for posting their pics . Was created '' The Picture Bazaar '' .
In addition to that , i would like to make a list , of Trophy Scores , for each species* . I still see some low animals pics in the TruRac section and my list could help out , with time , those that are not accustomed to the real numbers .

In no way , i am pretending to know , to have, THE right numbers , THE right scores . These are MY SCORES BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE AND MY STANDARDS.
Some will agree , some won't . But there is no real reasons to have a debate , if i'm wrong by couple points from your standards . Like i said , these are mine and could be pretty close to everyone's numbers also . The long time players anyway .
It will be , i hope ,a basic reference for new players .
Some scores will be loose ( having a bit more difference to max scores ) and others will be tighter ,depending on the frequency of those trophies ,of those numbers ,in each species .
*Not all species in The Hunter game will be represented in my list . Some do not fit the Trophy standards ( TruRac ) , like Ptarmigan , Ducks , Rabbits and so on. But these , can be posted in '' The Picture Bazaar '' if your please with what you got and want to share .
You'll find mainly , Animals with antlers , horns and tusks ( why not ) .
No Bears , Wolves , Coyotes , Foxes , Rabbits , Birds .Imo , a 28 Pheasant is a very nice bird , but doesn't belong in TruRAC section . Maybe The other one !!?? ;)

Alpine Ibex 250+
Banteng 150+
Bighorn Sheep 175+
Bison 120+
Blacktail Deer (Typical) 185+
Dall Sheep 200+
Feral Goat 370+
Feral Hog 1100+
Moose 200+
Mule Deer (Typical) 220+
Red Deer 260+
Reindeer 580+
Rocky Mountain Elk 380+
Roe Deer 220+
Roosevelt Elk 380+
Rusa Deer 230+
Sambar Deer 300+
Sitka Deer 100+
Water Buffalo 230+
Whitetail Deer (Typical) 180+
Wild Boar 1100 +
Please keep in mind , that at the time of this article , if i remember correctly , the Banteng scoring was having issues . Maybe some other Piccabeen Bay resident also.

Once again , i'm not saying that all animals under these numbers , with lower scoring, are not trophies , are not nice . If for you a 210 Moose is a trophy than its o.k.
For me , knowing that the Moose can go up to 240 , a 210 would be just a nice one .

Hope this will help some new players in refining their pics and understand a little more , what score is needed for a real TruRac Trophy .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: TROPHY SCORES LIST ( TruRAC section )

Post by VonStratos »

I remember that a long time ago i did read that a good way to know if you have a really nice animal was look at the score of the leaderboard for that animal and then if yours is 10% less that the top scores its a trophy material, by example, if the best Roosevelt Elks are 420+ then -10% any 380 Elk would be trophy material. But that rule cant be applied to all animals and is more like a guide than a rule, a 340 Elk its still a great prize imho.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

nice guideline ty
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

According to meaning of TruRACS, horns and tusks does not belongs to your "trophy standards" either, because TruRACS means "True Random ANTLERS Configuration System) (http://www.truracs.com/)
So, i personally don't care if are antlers, tusks, horns, feathers or skulls, i post my trophies (if get any) as usual!
Spoiler:

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx for your support Jack .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

DYEUZ wrote:Thx for your support Jack .
You're always welcome, Serge! ;)
Spoiler:

Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Thanks for this thread and The Picture Bazaar DYEUZ. I've subbed to both and will keep this one bookmarked in my hunting folder for future reference.
I wasn't aware that my wolf wasn't allowed in the TruRac one. I mentioned that in my post but no one informed me about it :( I was also reluctant to post as mentioned as I was unaware of any minimum scoring limits for the thread.

Now I know :)

I agree with those limits above for TruRacs, even though I have never even seen some of those animals with that high a score in my whole time hunting lol.

Edit: Just wondering if a similar trophy thread could/should be made for those monsters that are excluded from the TruRacs thread with a similar minimum scoring system in place?
I mean, great trophies should have a thread of their own I feel, as you suggested on The Picture Bazaar thread:
DYEUZ wrote:
What you should avoid posting here :
- Any rare . They really should go in their own section . Here : http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=20754
- Any NT . Theme also , should go where they belong . Here : http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=62677
- Real trophies . They go here . http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=30379
- Any pics not associated with , The Hunter game . i.e. pics you found on the web , of any kind .

So, this is pretty much my idea for the community . Lets give back to the Sections mentioned in my thread, their real identity , their real meaning .
Cheers, just a thought :)

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Beano8U wrote:Thanks for this thread and The Picture Bazaar DYEUZ. I've subbed to both and will keep this one bookmarked in my hunting folder for future reference.
I wasn't aware that my wolf wasn't allowed in the TruRac one. I mentioned that in my post but no one informed me about it :( I was also reluctant to post as mentioned as I was unaware of any minimum scoring limits for the thread.
Now I know :)
I agree with those limits above for TruRacs, even though I have never even seen some of those animals with that high a score in my whole time hunting lol.
Edit: Just wondering if a similar trophy thread could/should be made for those monsters that are excluded from the TruRacs thread with a similar minimum scoring system in place?
I mean, great trophies should have a thread of their own I feel, as you suggested on The Picture Bazaar thread:
Never said that it wasn't allowed . In the end , if someone wants to post a 1400 Euro rabbit and / or a 16.0 Wolf , no one is preventing them from doing so . Originally , if people would look at how it all started , these species where not posted . For the first couple years ( approx 5 years ) all we saw posted were antlers , which was the real meaning of this thread . TruRAC is a calculating system for scoring antlers . These last couple weeks / months , we are seeing , mainly from new players , Polar Bears , Foxes , Birds and so on . That's why the Picture Bazaar was created ,
to give back the true meaning of the Trophy ( TruRAC ) section .

Again , like i said , you post what you want, if you feel that your 150 WT is considered a trophy for you , post it . But maybe post it in the Bazaar . This other thread i made , with the '' normal / what most would consider a trophy score '' thread , was just a reference , to what is considered , by long time players / members , as being a true trophy / a beast / a monster .

There are no laws , no judges to what you post . There is only experiences and common sense .
These two threads i made also , only reflects my opinions on the subjects from my exps .

tyvm

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

DYEUZ wrote:Hello fellow hunters. :)

Alpine Ibex 250+ 260, 250s are common
Banteng 150+
Bighorn Sheep 175+
Bison 120+
Blacktail Deer (Typical) 185+
Dall Sheep 200+ 180, 204 is the bottom of leaderboard
Feral Goat 370+ 340, there are 360s on the leaderboard
Feral Hog 1100+
Moose 200+
Mule Deer (Typical) 220+
Red Deer 260+
Reindeer 580+
Rocky Mountain Elk 380+
Roe Deer 220+
Roosevelt Elk 380+
Rusa Deer 230+
Sambar Deer 300+
Sitka Deer 100+
Water Buffalo 230+
Whitetail Deer (Typical) 180+
Wild Boar 1100 +

Once again , i'm not saying that all animals under these numbers , with lower scoring, are not trophies , are not nice . If for you a 210 Moose is a trophy than its o.k.
For me , knowing that the Moose can go up to 240 , a 210 would be just a nice one .

Hope this will help some new players in refining their pics and understand a little more , what score is needed for a real TruRac Trophy .

tyvm
Put my minimums in where I thought they should be different.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Put my minimums in where I thought they should be different.
I agree with you there Stan! A 200+ Dall is a GIANT! I think my PB Dall is 198(if I remember correctly) and I posted that one. ;)

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”