New Users: 'How to post' and Guidelines

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Users: 'How to post' and Guidelines

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey Hunters,

Here is a "How to post" user guide. Feel free to link people too it if they are having issues.

If you are new please take a few seconds to read the following statement:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

There has recently been an influx of new activity in the TruRACS, rares and non-typicals threads. Whilst this is great news, moderators have had to reject a significant number of posts in the aforementioned threads, either due to the posts not being in English, or because people are posting randoms images from random profiles. It is therefore time to enforce some rules in these threads, and it is our request that everyone follows these rules in order to avoid further posts being rejected (and further work for moderators).
  • if you post a trophy shot of an animal, post the score and/or a link to the scoresheet
  • do not make regular posts of pictures on behalf of other players, post your own trophies
These rules are in addition to the general forum Code of Conduct which applies to every post, in every thread.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

The Moderation Team.

Hello!

Here are some easy step by step instructions on how to post the images from the game, into the forum :)

Step One: Click on the 'Profile' button, like in the image

Step Two: Click on the 'Gallery' button, like in the image.

Step Three: Find the image you are looking for and click the 'Share' button, like in the image.

Step Four: Highlight and then copy all of the text in the bottom option, like shown in the image. Then simply paste all the text into any forum post and after you have finished writing your post, click submit. (From the launcher, use CTRL-C to copy)
  • If you are posting a Trophy animal, please post it into this forum here Post Your TruRACS Trophies!, don't forget to mention what it scored.
  • If you are posting a rare animal please use this forum here Post your Albino/Piebald/Melanistic!, again please mention what it scored, unless its doesn't have a score.
  • Finally if you want to share a Non-Typical you can post it in this forum here Share your Non-Typicals! and again please mention what it scored.
Any questions please feel free to ask.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New Users: 'How to post' and Guidelines

Post by TreeKiwi »

FYI
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Perfect! Thanks...Sticky?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Perfect! Thanks...Sticky?
It should already be sticky I think?
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I thought you were trying to dub him with a new moniker. :lol: :lol:
(my firdt thought was... I don't want any details).
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Violator31 wrote:
I thought you were trying to dub him with a new moniker. :lol: :lol:
(my firdt thought was... I don't want any details).
Hey! :lol: Maybe there was a reason you couldn't get on the forum. :P

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

stancomputerhunter wrote: Hey! :lol: Maybe there was a reason you couldn't get on the forum. :P
:lol:
I think they are more blunt about excusing someone from the forums....but food for thought non the less. ;)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

We have a steady influx of new players coming into our forums - which is good! But it also means the need for a little reminder of the posting rules every now and then - especially when it comes to those very active picture threads. I've decided to summarize the rules once more and in the future I will refer new forum users here whenever I feel that someone is unaware of those rules.

If you think that something should be added or changed - or if you have any questions - shoot me a PM!
  • Any trophy with a high score can be posted either in the "Post Your TruRACS Trophies!" topic or in the "Trophy of the Week Contest" topic.
  • Any animal with a rare fur color (albino, melanistic, piebald etc.) can be posted in the "Post your Albino/Piebald/Melanistic!" topic.
  • Any blacktail, whitetail or mule deer with non-typical antlers can be posted in the "Share your Non-Typicals!" topic.
  • In any of those topics it's mandatory to include the score of the animal in the post. The link to its score sheet is not strictly necessary, but recommended. If you are a member of the UHC website, you can use the Animal Trophy Checker to create your post easily. This tool also gives you an idea whether your animal is actually considered a trophy by the majority of the community and which topic it shoul be posted in.
  • Please don't cross post - post a trophy shot in just one topic, not the same picture in several topics. If the mods see the same picture in multiple threads, they'll remove all but one of them.
  • Pictures that are just for fun - or animals that don't seem to meet the criteria above but you want to post anyway, those can go into "The Picture Bazaar".
  • It's recommended not to "spam" those threads with too many pictures within a short time. Pick the best ones! - If you create 20 posts in less than an hour, people will likely just skip and ignore them. It's always nice to add some "flavor" by telling a little story - how you found that animal, what competition you were just in, if it's your personal or seasonal best etc. Quality beats quantity if you want people to reply and congratulate.
  • If you want to show multiple pictures in the same topic at once, please create one post that includes all of them, don't post them one by one in several successive posts.
Image Image Image
jamesclavell

Post by jamesclavell »

Good day TreeKiwi,

Thank you for your mail. I found everything good, but have no idea who and what I have to send. I now have 2 links, one from the session and one from the image of the reindeer. I ask you for further help and thank you in advance. Is it already too late to submit this animal? I have never used this before.

greeting
jamesclavell

http://www.hitechkanzelw8e45tt2s.homepage.t-online.de/
A fool says what he knows; a sage knows what he says!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

jamesclavell wrote:Good day TreeKiwi,

Thank you for your mail. I found everything good, but have no idea who and what I have to send. I now have 2 links, one from the session and one from the image of the reindeer. I ask you for further help and thank you in advance. Is it already too late to submit this animal? I have never used this before.

greeting
jamesclavell
You can post both the picture, and a link to the hunt or scoresheet. It could look like this

Code: Select all

[b]Red Kangaroo:[/b]  Score 85.859

[bigimg]https://photo.thehunter.com/50/e7/50e7d197c8fa635a89567d2d794a885185502bea.jpg[/bigimg]

[url=https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/tod1d/score/607594628][u]Scoresheet[/u][/url]
Red Kangaroo: Score 85.859

Scoresheet
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”