They call them "rare"...

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
Levado
Scout

They call them "rare"...

Post by Levado »

They call them "rare"... :)
9 shot in about 4 weeks time in about 700 kills on Logger's point only, mostly whitetails: 3 albino, 4 piebald, 1 melanistic and 1 piebald mule deer.

Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
kahuamp
Scout

Re: They call them "rare"...

Post by kahuamp »

well, I call them Ultra-mega-hyper Rares - 1200 h of gameplay and I only got 2 small NT, 1 piebald and 1 lousy elk albino doe. Have not even seen other rare animals..... you are lucky :)
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Actually I also shot 1 NT during that same time and 1 rare fur on another map, so I actually shot 11 in about 4 weeks time.
Of those 11 I shot 9 in just one week's time and you shot only 2 rares in 1200 hours? Wow.... that's just crazy! :shock:
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

those areas look in similar places aswell.or known whitetail hotspots.

rares can be very rare for some people.i think a lot depends on how you hunt.great selection though. 8-)
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

ronMctube wrote:those areas look in similar places aswell.or known whitetail hotspots.

rares can be very rare for some people.i think a lot depends on how you hunt.great selection though. 8-)
Can you give me some tips about how I should hunt or where I should hunt?

Of course I don't run, nor do I shoot at the first doe I see. I have tried scent cover, crouch walking, prone walking, stalking from towers, do as best as I could to remain unseen and glass all the time around me.

I've recently had a hunt in which I didn't see any tracks whatsoever, or heard any calls for about a real life hour, and I 'm more and more convinced that even EW does not fully control spawning.Sometimes I find myself on what I like to call "a doomed map". The game is less and less motivating for me to play from a hunting point of view.

I do enjoy the scenery though and the audio ambience is very relaxing, which is why I still play from time to time.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think how you hunt is personal preference.some people go prone and crawl and hunt slow.some like me run most of the time.there is no wrong or right way.only what suits you.

loggers point for eg the middle area of the meadows near towers is always good for big whitetail mule deer and most species.if you ever stuck for animals or locations.go to the leaderboards for this season check where the big animals are shot.look for similar locations of big animals.sometimes they are in almost identical locations or close enough to find a good hotspot.

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”