Africa here we come !!!!

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
siddymcwalker

Re: Africa here we come !!!!

Post by siddymcwalker »

this looks really good. I want to get into The Hunter but now not sure whether to wait for this!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

siddymcwalker wrote:this looks really good. I want to get into The Hunter but now not sure whether to wait for this!
What looks really good?? The screenshot? Are you seeing something I'm not?! You're not sure whether to wait for something that might not even exist? I would not recommend holding your breath. Consider the fact that this might have absolutely nothing to do with Expansive Worlds. It could literally be anything and anyone, and it might be something that never comes to fruition. Expansive Worlds (and I'm not saying this thing is Expansive Worlds) probably comes up with loads of internal test projects that never see the light of day. Even if this thing is Expansive Worlds, and there's no evidence to suggest it is, it could be:
  • an internal project that someone is just playing around with
  • something that gets scrapped
  • something that could take years to finish
Jumping to conclusions, holding off for this "thing", or any other decisions made based on a screenshot are in my opinion pretty daft. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll know more about the upcoming reserve, find out that it's not a standalone game or project, and we'll also know whether it's Africa or something else. Part of me hopes it's totally unrelated to Expansive Worlds and the next reserve, just to demonstrate how pointless speculation and threads like this are.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

caledonianblues wrote:I think Radamus might be referring to an interview Pim once gave, in which I believe he discussed Africa and his general opinion at the time was that it's unlikely to happen. I can't remember the exact details of the interview, but I think people on the forum were left with a feeling of disappointment that it might have spelled the end of any hopes of an African reserve.

More in the original thread here. Unfortunately the original interview is now no longer available.
This is where I believe I got this impression and the interview is still out there somewhere because I ran across it not that long ago.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

If the next reserve is Africa, then this setup in steam could be nothing more then a setup for an additional instance of the game with the new reserve for beta testing by the players and not a new stand alone game.
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

JamboWhoDat wrote:If the next reserve is Africa, then this setup in steam could be nothing more then a setup for an additional instance of the game with the new reserve for beta testing by the players and not a new stand alone game.
Yeah, I really hope that's the case. EW making an African reserve for the acctual game The Hunter would be the dream.
wvdeerhunter
Tracker

Post by wvdeerhunter »

Hilarious looking at all this speculation...probably someone just trying to get a rise out of us!

I believe that if they started to work today on Africa, we would have to wait for several years (with so many new animals.)
Especially since the employees appear to live in the land of Oz (they get up at noon and start to work at one, take an hour for lunch and then at two they're done...jolly good time!"

Just makin' fun! I love the EW team....but I have been waiting for a whitetail deer overhaul for years! Give me a North American Fall environment!!!!!

:D
pheonixflames
Scout

Post by pheonixflames »

An autumn themed rocky mountains map is what I wanted the most, but I'd be fine with Africa just so people can stop asking for it. :lol:
Not sure how I feel if it's another standalone game. I was pretty disappointed with the end result of Primal, but I guess that's the risk of early access.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

pheonixflames wrote:An autumn themed rocky mountains map is what I wanted the most, but I'd be fine with Africa just so people can stop asking for it. :lol:
Not sure how I feel if it's another standalone game. I was pretty disappointed with the end result of Primal, but I guess that's the risk of early access.
Good points! Africa doesn't churn my butter either but yes, people would stop asking for it. Then again, being stalked by a big cat and eaten could make medkits more valuable than money :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I'm not an advocate for an African map either, but, I wouldn't care if they (EW) made it as a separate game. I'll stick with theHunter original. With or without a new reserve. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

as some have stated earlier,the membership bundles come under seperate games. i hope this is a membership type for this game becasue if we have to pay separate yeah its more money ontop of money already spent but it has to be justified by being something more than just another reserve. which i think Africa should be.

other side of the coin is its a standalone like primal, and just like primal once its out its done. Very little support and development their after. not only that but its the coffin nailed shut put in the ground and 6ft of dirt on top for africa in "thehunter". ive pumped allot of money and time into this game and have massed a fair horde of gear and Africa has always been my number one request but im not willing to basicaly start again to play it. I guess what im saying is if we get thehunter safari we will never get safari in the hunter and that sucks.

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”