Trophy of the Week Contest [No Rares or Non-Typicals Please]

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Beano8U
Scout

Re: Post Your TruRACS Trophies!

Post by Beano8U »

WOW, nice Roe! And moustache :P

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Like I say, either complement them on their animal and say something along the lines of "Wow nice work mate, I bet it feels great to get that animal. However did you know they can get even bigger? A real trophy score for these animals to aim towards is X". Foster a good community here and you all benefit, lots of you run community competitions and these people are potentially more numbers for your comps.
The other two options you have are, scroll passed them and find the ones you like. Then the last option which I hope you wont do, is to stop reading this post, we cant force you to like things and if you would rather see no animals than put up with some new members trying to be part of the community, then we can't help that.

All the comments about knowing from real life. This is a computer game and lots of people have never even shot a weapon in real life, let alone hunted. You guys are edge cases and the 'Ideal' players, unfortunately not everyone can be like this and we can not form the forum around one type of player, it has to be inclusive for all. Like David mentioned, common sense it not super common and forums are scary places for lots of people.

Also, the small animals help to highlight the real trophy animals. ;)

Here are the original post rules.

There is nothing here that says they need to be big animals.
HooCairs wrote:Looking forward to the new antlers! Who's first? :)

RULES

Please follow these rules in order to avoid posts being rejected (and further work for moderators).
  • if you post a trophy shot of an animal, post the score and/or a link to the scoresheet
  • do not make regular posts of pictures on behalf of other players, post your own trophies
These rules are in addition to the general forum Code of Conduct which applies to every post, in every thread.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.
This is our final ruling on this thread and the rules around it. It needs to be all inclusive and not limiting and it is up to everyone in the community to make people feel included. Lots of you guys have been doing this already and it is great to see, like it or not the mods are volunteers and only have limited time. I do not want them to be micro managing the forums, because as like David mentioned. many would hang up their hat.

Any more discussion around it will be removed as you have all made your points and any further discussion will be classed as off topic.

Its a call I know many of you will not like, but it has been decided. Include more people, rather than exclude people, that should be what everyone is striving for.

In my social media posts I will try and point out what is considered a trophy animal for which ever species I post on the day, biggest issues is twitter has such a limited text count that I am already maxing it out with every post, just to give you a little insight.

Cheers all.

Tk
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:Here are the original post rules.

RULES

Please follow these rules in order to avoid posts being rejected (and further work for moderators).
  • if you post a trophy shot of an animal, post the score and/or a link to the scoresheet
  • do not make regular posts of pictures on behalf of other players, post your own trophies
These rules are in addition to the general forum Code of Conduct which applies to every post, in every thread.

Actually, these are NOT the rules that I have put there! I only wrote one line back then. These rules were ninja added recently without notifying me if i might add...
Can you please make an according notion to those Rules? There is no point in me telling everyone to post what they enjoy posting when my first post looks like I made up these rules. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Here are the original post rules.

RULES

Actually, these are NOT the rules that I have put there! I only wrote one line back then. These rules were ninja added recently without notifying me if i might add...
Can you please make an according notion to those Rules? There is no point in me telling everyone to post what they enjoy posting when my first post looks like I made up these rules. :)
Not a problem mate, sorry about that! I wonder when they were changed. So the rules were originally less restrictive? ;)

What would you like changed to set everything straight?

Thanks for raising this issue.

*edit it has been ninja edited so well, I can't even see the log from who did it... I guess a true ninja is never seen! :lol:

TK
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:So the rules were originally less restrictive? ;)
They were very restrictive. I only asked for antlers... :D
TreeKiwi wrote:What would you like changed to set everything straight?
Just a note that the rules were added by a moderator.

I just wonder how many go and read the OP. They see people post and feel like posting themselves. Not sure where all this discussion suddenly comes from. It used to be a fun thread... :?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
garko3

Post by garko3 »

I have just killed this 1226.936 wild boar! :D :D :D

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/gark ... /597413149
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Monster congrats garko3
garko3

Post by garko3 »

lowby wrote:Monster congrats garko3
Thx :D
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

My personal record, Ibex 283.339
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: HunterVK .... :o Huge one !! Grats .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Official Community Competitions”