Trophy of the Week Contest [No Rares or Non-Typicals Please]

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Post Your TruRACS Trophies!

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: InstinctiveArcher ... Really like what you said . Thumbs up !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

garko3

Post by garko3 »

I have just killed this monster scoring 1133 points and 239KG!!!

https://prnt.sc/iujscs
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Nice hog and nice boar!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Guys here is the thing,

This thread had started out for people to show off their harvests with the new TruRACS system. As much as I like to see monster animals as well, its kind of a bit stink for people to be ragging on new people that are proud of their harvest. New people do not know what a real big animal is score wise and they are real super proud to be able to show their achievements with us all. It is them trying to be part of the community, which is what we want and need. The more players we get engaged in the forums and within the community the better we all are off in the long run. So here are some questions I want a few of you to ask yourselves.
  • When you were new, did you know what scores were big?
    Yes, mostly from knowing real life scores, and also from looking at the leaderboard and looking at previous posts in this topic by more experienced players.
  • How did you find out? Again, knowing real life scores and doing some reasearch before posting.
  • How would you feel posting for the first time, being proud of your animal and then getting told it was not big and that they should know better? Would that have made you want to be part of the group? I would appreciate people telling me. If it's not that big, I would realize I really don't have anything to be proud of there. I wouldn't feel bad about it. I would also be thrilled that people were taking the time to inform me on what I should and shouldn't post.
  • These posts, how are they actually hurting you? They aren't hurting anyone. They are just an annoyance more than anything. This thread was created with the specific purpose of displaying the biggest and best. When I come in here, I want to see a big 180+ whitetail. Not a 140 whitetail. Not that that isn't a nice trophy, but it doesn't belong here.
  • Does it take more than a second to scroll passed them and skim along until you see a picture of an animal that captures your eye?
No, it doesn't. It's more principle than anything else. This thread has a specific purpose: to display BIG animals. All should be welcome to post here, but they should also be aware of the "rules". This is a great thread, one of, if not the longest on the forum. It would be a shame to see it locked. Let's hope it continues on to serve the purpose that it was intended for :)

In the past I have even seen some of you post tiny scoring animals in here as a joke. Step back and reflect a little on what is actually going on and happening here, its all good for the community in the long run. I suggest if you do not like the posts, just skim passed them, like you do with advertising in news papers, or a boring part of a story. Or better yet, make someones day and congratulate them on their harvest, because I am sure they are proud of it and just want to fit in.

TK

*Edit, do you remember that thread I made about 2 months before I started here, about not being very welcoming to new players sometimes, this is kind of what I was referring to. :oops:
Very well written - like Stan's and DYEUZ answers to TK's questions. I agree with you guys, and did pretty much the same things when i was 'the new kid on the blok'
Hunting is living
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Nice hog and nice boar!
Agree, grats guys ;)
Hunting is living
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:Guys here is the thing,

This thread had started out for people to show off their harvests with the new TruRACS system. As much as I like to see monster animals as well, its kind of a bit stink for people to be ragging on new people that are proud of their harvest. New people do not know what a real big animal is score wise and they are real super proud to be able to show their achievements with us all. It is them trying to be part of the community, which is what we want and need. The more players we get engaged in the forums and within the community the better we all are off in the long run. So here are some questions I want a few of you to ask yourselves.
  • When you were new, did you know what scores were big?
  • How did you find out?
  • How would you feel posting for the first time, being proud of your animal and then getting told it was not big and that they should know better? Would that have made you want to be part of the group?
  • These posts, how are they actually hurting you?
  • Does it take more than a second to scroll passed them and skim along until you see a picture of an animal that captures your eye?
In the past I have even seen some of you post tiny scoring animals in here as a joke. Step back and reflect a little on what is actually going on and happening here, its all good for the community in the long run. I suggest if you do not like the posts, just skim passed them, like you do with advertising in news papers, or a boring part of a story. Or better yet, make someones day and congratulate them on their harvest, because I am sure they are proud of it and just want to fit in.

TK

*Edit, do you remember that thread I made about 2 months before I started here, about not being very welcoming to new players sometimes, this is kind of what I was referring to. :oops:
Very good post TK. This is the spirit we should continue to have in the forum. When I started this game I had no clue what was a good score. I didn't even know there were leaderboards.

Maybe one day we should rename the thread and drop the "TruRACS" term. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Thanks TK, for putting my confusion to rest, hope it has for everyone else too.
Always nice to see a proud hunter's trophy shot :)

I understand what the original thread was intended for, and I am glad it is all cleared up now.
Looking forward to more :)

hunter_cocal
Tracker

Post by hunter_cocal »

a small hunt for hemmeldal and I ended up finding this roe deer is not a monster in the score but has already gave me the 2 place in the competition 244.938
Last edited by hunter_cocal on March 22nd, 2018, 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Thats a very nice roe deer congrats hunter_cocal.
hunter_cocal
Tracker

Post by hunter_cocal »

Ty Lowby
Ty Beano8U I like the mustache they give me luck :D
Last edited by hunter_cocal on March 22nd, 2018, 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”