Trophy of the Week Contest [No Rares or Non-Typicals Please]

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
kevin2106
Hunter

Re: Post Your TruRACS Trophies!

Post by kevin2106 »

There are no rules broken by the players that post low scoring animals, so if we want that to stop, we need to all agree on what numbers should be the minimum postable for the species. Mods can’t moderate a person who doesn’t brake any rules

The rares here are another story though....

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Its not about breaking any rules Kevin . Its just to maintain a certain value for that section . To keep that thread's integrity .
I created a section especially for the players that are proud of their hunts / animals / pics and want to share them , but that '' is considered '' not a Trophy .

Now we see scores that we never seen before ! Low scores . Now we see , birds , rabbits and so on .
Might as well change the name of that section then .

Beside the Bear / Cougar / Jaguar , The Boone & Crockett scoring system , was intended , mainly for horns and antlers .

I also created a '' what the scores , reasonably , should be as minimum '' thread . Some old timers , long time members agree on these scores .
In the end , its all about us , if we want to have it like before , or just leave it as is , a real mess .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

I know Serge, but to maintain that integrity, i think we need to give the new players some kind of idea on what a trophy animal of a species scores. You put up a nice list not to long ago, but the sad thing is that very few new people will take time to look at it i think. So if we could all agree on some scores, we could put them up on the first page on this thread. Hopefully that would result in less low scoring animals. Also put up a rule that says "Don't post any animals that don't have horns/antlers". It sounds simple in my head, but i know things are not always as simple as you can think...

Just some suggestions i think might give back some quality to this thread. But i'm not the greatest thinker in the world, so it might not for all i know.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... Yep . but the sad thing is that very few new people will take time to look at it . unless they are shown the way to it .
I've seen well known member reply : i will post whatever wherever !

I sent couple PMs to newbies about just that . Guiding them toward the right place .
A pic of a 44 Sitka ,next to a pot of gold , even though its funny for some , doesnt below in the TruRAC section imo .

Even if you had scores on the first page , who will look at them ? With almost 2000 pages of posts , pretty sure that most new comers , didnt even read what this thread is all about .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

DYEUZ wrote:Wow !! This is a shame that this section has become a real circus of pics ! Anything and everything is posted here now !
Honestly tho,
Nathan22Outdoors
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

OK guys, let me be the voice of reason here as the last thing I'd want to see is this very dear thread to be moderated due to improper behavior or even worse, locked.
This thread was created in Dec 2011 to celebrate the release of the TruRACS system and to show of the very monsters that our hunters have taken with the system. Over the years this system has evolved to include not only antlers, but tusks, skull lengths, horns, tail feather lengths, beards, spurs, etc. all to coincide with different official scoring systems (Boone and Crockett for example). The generator is capable of generating many various types and sizes of configurations, and the very top ends are the ones we as hunters of the EHR strive for. THIS is what this thread was created for. It should basically be viewed as the Community Trophy Room, in all honesty, where we come to post the biggest and best the EHR has to offer. From the largest Bull Roosevelt Elk to the highest scoring Pheasant and everything in between, this was made and maintained as THE trophy room. One or two people cannot come up with minimum scores or base scores, because what one's ideas may be could be more or less than another. This thread has thrived on the common sense theme of BIG ANIMALS ONLY, the top ends of each species. Sure, it would honestly be pretty easy to come up with minimum scores, especially in my own case as I've been around a few minutes (lol). But overall, its been left up to the community as to what is a trophy and what is not. And its been pretty good for many years. Unfortunately, there are others who just do not understand for various reasons. Its not about the "rules" of this thread, as there are no real official rules. This is a community-driven thread. Its more about common sense and a little know-how, and of course comprehension. We have had quite an influx of members posting animals or pics that do not belong in this thread, for whatever reason. This thread is not for pretty pictures, this thread is for GIANTS. Those are the stars of the show. This thread is not for the everyday whitetail that anyone can kill on a daily basis. Hell, I can go to RFF right now and kill at least 10 WTs in the 120-170 scoring range. Try doin the same for 190+ WTs. THOSE are the ones that belong in here. Now, that said, there are other threads for pretty pictures and tiny animals and little things that make you all warm and fuzzy inside (hahaha). This, however, is not the thread for it, regardless of how you may personally feel. Almost 1200 pages of giants, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what this thread is for. It's already shameful that this thread is gonna have to be moderated now to weed out the pics that don't belong in here and to keep its integrity and keep it alive. We cannot force people, whether they are new or whatever, to read and understand things here, but we can cetainly keep them pointed in the right direction. Sure, it may be a pain, but we have to be patient. Just think of the moderators who have to go through and remove all this junk, they have it worse. Guys, please keep your cool, and when a pic ends up here that does not belong here, contact one of the moderators to take care of it. We do not want this thread locked or its integrity damaged for any reason. This is OURS. OUR Trophy Room, as a community.
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

^^ Very well said Chuck!
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Now how lucky can you get...i was hunting the fields of Hirschfelden. I've been hunting for a while, the clock was getting late, and i was thinking, it's time to stop. Then this dandy stag steps out of the forrest. He scores 276,04

Hunting is living
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Now that’s a good one, whiteonyx, and thank you double for getting the thread back on track
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:OK guys, let me be the voice of reason here as the last thing I'd want to see is this very dear thread to be moderated due to improper behavior or even worse, locked.
This thread was created in Dec 2011 to celebrate the release of the TruRACS system and to show of the very monsters that our hunters have taken with the system. Over the years this system has evolved to include not only antlers, but tusks, skull lengths, horns, tail feather lengths, beards, spurs, etc. all to coincide with different official scoring systems (Boone and Crockett for example). The generator is capable of generating many various types and sizes of configurations, and the very top ends are the ones we as hunters of the EHR strive for. THIS is what this thread was created for. It should basically be viewed as the Community Trophy Room, in all honesty, where we come to post the biggest and best the EHR has to offer. From the largest Bull Roosevelt Elk to the highest scoring Pheasant and everything in between, this was made and maintained as THE trophy room. One or two people cannot come up with minimum scores or base scores, because what one's ideas may be could be more or less than another. This thread has thrived on the common sense theme of BIG ANIMALS ONLY, the top ends of each species. Sure, it would honestly be pretty easy to come up with minimum scores, especially in my own case as I've been around a few minutes (lol). But overall, its been left up to the community as to what is a trophy and what is not. And its been pretty good for many years. Unfortunately, there are others who just do not understand for various reasons. Its not about the "rules" of this thread, as there are no real official rules. This is a community-driven thread. Its more about common sense and a little know-how, and of course comprehension. We have had quite an influx of members posting animals or pics that do not belong in this thread, for whatever reason. This thread is not for pretty pictures, this thread is for GIANTS. Those are the stars of the show. This thread is not for the everyday whitetail that anyone can kill on a daily basis. Hell, I can go to RFF right now and kill at least 10 WTs in the 120-170 scoring range. Try doin the same for 190+ WTs. THOSE are the ones that belong in here. Now, that said, there are other threads for pretty pictures and tiny animals and little things that make you all warm and fuzzy inside (hahaha). This, however, is not the thread for it, regardless of how you may personally feel. Almost 1200 pages of giants, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what this thread is for. It's already shameful that this thread is gonna have to be moderated now to weed out the pics that don't belong in here and to keep its integrity and keep it alive. We cannot force people, whether they are new or whatever, to read and understand things here, but we can cetainly keep them pointed in the right direction. Sure, it may be a pain, but we have to be patient. Just think of the moderators who have to go through and remove all this junk, they have it worse. Guys, please keep your cool, and when a pic ends up here that does not belong here, contact one of the moderators to take care of it. We do not want this thread locked or its integrity damaged for any reason. This is OURS. OUR Trophy Room, as a community.
Wise words, and very well written
Hunting is living

Return to “Official Community Competitions”