Post your Albino/Piebald/Melanistic!

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Post your Albino/Piebald/Melanistic!

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

BamaK wrote:Hope this works.... is this one??? :geek: Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
BamaK,

I noticed something on your buck there and looked around, and I hate to say that is NOT a melanistic :( . First giveaway as you can see in your picture is the white throatpatch. A melanistic deer has no throatpatch whatsoever. Second, I looked around in your recent hunts and saw no notataion of any BT, Mule Deer, or WT bucks being melanistic. By notation, I mean as noted next to the animal on the statistics screen. You'd knw for sure then. FInally, I have killed numerous ones of that color varaiant, so that is basically just another BT deer, but why it is on the darker side is odd. New color variation? Can a dev please shed some light here?
NAOutdoors
Master Hunter

Post by NAOutdoors »

Any time you are unsure with the darker colored Blacktails you can check your statistics and if it is a Melanistic (albino & piebald also) it will say so next to it.
Cireme
Master Competitor

Post by Cireme »

BuckBeast wrote:where in the world did you find this?
It's simple. This is the new common whitetail male portrait:

And this is his URL:

Code: Select all

http://gubbengoman.thehunter.com/static/img/statistics/animals/whitetail_deer/whitetail_deer_male_common.jpg
Replace whitetail_deer by mule_deer, roosevelt_elk or blacktail_deer, and common by albino, piebald or melanistic. Tadaaam.
Last edited by Cireme on October 14th, 2010, 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mrlex13
Master Competitor

Re: Post your Albino/Piebald!

Post by Mrlex13 »

DereFonzie wrote: Also, if EW are listening: Having some Melanistic deer would be great! :D

And some albino birds wouldn't go amiss either :)

Golden Pheasant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Pheasant
BamaK

Post by BamaK »

Thanks Buck and NA.... i didnt think to look at the last hunt stats..... "after further review" it did not say anything other than , you killed a BT buck...... Rats!!! :D
DereFonzie
Outfitter

Post by DereFonzie »

I love golden pheasant, theyre one of my fav birds :D

Im not sure if they are ever hunted though :? , but I havent looked into it at all.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Well, the way I see it overall is this: I'm very, very happy to finally see Piebalds and Melanistics in the game. We have asked for this for a very long time, and I'm glad EW decided to include them. Now, what makes it really cool is with the deer species you really never know what you're gonna get. Might hear a doe call, and now you'll be wanting to see it because you never know if it's actually a rare deer! Great job and thanks Devs!
Wishmaster3

Post by Wishmaster3 »

Looks like they have increased the number of "rare" animals. I've found my first albino Blacktail Buck yesterday...wasn't able to take him down, but at least to capture him on video:

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Wishmaster3 wrote:Looks like they have increased the number of "rare" animals. I've found my first albino Blacktail Buck yesterday...wasn't able to take him down, but at least to capture him on video:

nice vid,...yep, you wait a second to long, ...and their gone................................ :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Harbard
Scout

Post by Harbard »

Ha, you could have taken a shot there, thanks for sharing the vid instead though :D

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”