How do i take a screenshot??

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
funnelpond
Scout

How do i take a screenshot??

Post by funnelpond »

After shooting some nice bucks but dont know how to take a screenshot.

Ronnie
Artemis
Hunter

Re: How do i take a screenshot??

Post by Artemis »

Twelvepak
Tracker

Post by Twelvepak »

I don't think there is an in-game screenshot key yet. You'll need to use some third party software. Fraps is a good one. Relatively small program and small background resource usage. It can also run benchmarks, keep track of fps and make vids too. Just google it and you'll find a place to download it. I got it from filefront for a speedy download. If you use filefront, make sure you get the .exe file. There is a ton of other fraps crap on there but this is the only one you need.
Spartankonin
Spotter

Post by Spartankonin »

the 'printscreen' button works just fine for me. I use Alt-printscreen to capture just that window...not sure why this hasn't been said before. Perhaps because it is so obvious? Who knows. I have posted a couple of screenies just using the good ol' print screen button on your keyboard.
Marina Mawr
Hunter

Post by Marina Mawr »

Howdy!

I also use Print Screen to take a quick screenshot. But, take note. You need to escape to pause the game, alt-tab out and paste it into Paint and save the screen shot as they don't 'stack' on the clipboard. I found this out the hard way and lost a whole series of screenies I'd taken.
Spartankonin
Spotter

Post by Spartankonin »

lol. yeah I guess i shoulda mentioned that...its a 'Windows' thang so it only holds 1 to the clipboard..ghetto if ya ask me.
Artemis
Hunter

Post by Artemis »

Spartankonin wrote:lol. yeah I guess i shoulda mentioned that...its a 'Windows' thang so it only holds 1 to the clipboard..ghetto if ya ask me.
:lol: I so agree. And I dislike Fraps because you have to pay when there are open sources out there to use now. :lol:

If you want to try video of your hunt....http://camstudio.org/ Open Source = Brilliant!
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Artemis wrote: If you want to try video of your hunt....http://camstudio.org/ Open Source = Brilliant!
THAT sounds good! I'll give it a try!
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

If you need a quick snapshot for a support request or you've seen something amazing and need an instant grab Print Screen is the easiest.

Typically you can just open MS Paint and hit ctrl + V then save the image as a .jpg

Although we know some players are using programs like fraps etc. for screens and in-game movies we are working on theHunter providing you with the ability to take screenshots and movies for your theHunter gallery or going direct to a Facebook, MySpace, YouTube page etc.
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Post by Ashkeldir »

LeMetatron wrote:Although we know some players are using programs like fraps etc. for screens and in-game movies we are working on theHunter providing you with the ability to take screenshots and movies for your theHunter gallery or going direct to a Facebook, MySpace, YouTube page etc.
Sweet! Please tell me it will do high def movies? If I post video clips, I want to show all the glory that is theHunter and want to post in HD

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”