How do i take a screenshot??

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
Guitarmo

Re: How do i take a screenshot??

Post by Guitarmo »

I run theHunter in a full sized window. This allows me to bring up a browser, teamspeak or whatever I need while running. ALT-TAB is your friend. Doing this allows me to use a feature of Windows called The Snipping Tool. The snip tool is by far the most used gadget on my system. I have it pinned to taskbar at all times. You can find this tool in Programs > Accessories. Once you use it, you will think "Why did I not know about this before??" After using it for years, I would be lost without it. It is very handy and useful.

For those of you with greater needs check out MSI Afterburner. This is a great tool for nearly all video cards. It has built in video and screen capture on a hot key, no time limits, captures very well. Provide on screen display and overlay of information and capture status. It also allows you to monitor the card including temperature and control the fan speed in great ways. It makes Fraps, Bandicam, all of them weak.

Here is the manual with relevant information: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/im ... Manual.pdf

Here is an example of it's capture results: Note: My long time gaming name is Stick. I run a large gaming website devoted to simulation. I was forced to use an alternate here. This video is of my first buck and shows how I ignore the females till he shows up. :)

Enjoy all. And stay tuned for more videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZwu_sAicTI

Staff: Videos should embed here automatically, need help with that? I am a long time web developer and run huge forums myself. Please enable such a function. It will really benefit the forum and everyone's enjoyment. Very simple to do and costs zero storage and bandwidth.
WhiteOutHunting
Tracker

Post by WhiteOutHunting »

Guitarmo wrote:I run theHunter in a full sized window. This allows me to bring up a browser, teamspeak or whatever I need while running. ALT-TAB is your friend. Doing this allows me to use a feature of Windows called The Snipping Tool. The snip tool is by far the most used gadget on my system. I have it pinned to taskbar at all times. You can find this tool in Programs > Accessories. Once you use it, you will think "Why did I not know about this before??" After using it for years, I would be lost without it. It is very handy and useful.

For those of you with greater needs check out MSI Afterburner. This is a great tool for nearly all video cards. It has built in video and screen capture on a hot key, no time limits, captures very well. Provide on screen display and overlay of information and capture status. It also allows you to monitor the card including temperature and control the fan speed in great ways. It makes Fraps, Bandicam, all of them weak.

Here is the manual with relevant information: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/im ... Manual.pdf

Here is an example of it's capture results: Note: My long time gaming name is Stick. I run a large gaming website devoted to simulation. I was forced to use an alternate here. This video is of my first buck and shows how I ignore the females till he shows up. :)

Enjoy all. And stay tuned for more videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZwu_sAicTI

Staff: Videos should embed here automatically, need help with that? I am a long time web developer and run huge forums myself. Please enable such a function. It will really benefit the forum and everyone's enjoyment. Very simple to do and costs zero storage and bandwidth.
Just add this [youtube][/youtube] place the KZwu_sAicTI in between like this

So easy when you know how
tazzietiger1966
Hunter

Post by tazzietiger1966 »

I use bandicam myself http://www.bandicam.com/
Catafesta
Tracker

Post by Catafesta »

I don't know if someone suggested this, but if you have the Dropbox installed on your computer, you can config it to automatically save your screnshoots on a dropbox folder named ScreenCapture.

All you have to do is press the PrintScreen key and your screenshoot will be automatically saved on your computer and will be sent do the Cloud.
MoonpieSpotlight
Hunter

Post by MoonpieSpotlight »

I just press F12.
Xtadeus
Spotter

Post by Xtadeus »

Dxtory !!

susan33967
Tracker

Post by susan33967 »

Spartankonin wrote:the 'printscreen' button works just fine for me. I use Alt-printscreen to capture just that window...not sure why this hasn't been said before. Perhaps because it is so obvious? Who knows. I have posted a couple of screenies just using the good ol' print screen button on your keyboard.

I tried that. All I get is the pic of the website. It never catches the window I'm looking at.
Yaveth

Post by Yaveth »

Yea, I'm having some problems with taking screenshots too. I just get the screenshot of what is "under" the game's window. I really don't need screen prints of my wallpaper or forum site...

Is there any solution? I would like to avoid downloading additional programms. I just want my print screen button to work correctly :<

Edit: snipping tool won't work for me as well.
tazzietiger1966
Hunter

Post by tazzietiger1966 »

Big fan of bandicam , good for movies and screen captures
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

To use Windows PrintScreen in the game you first have to set it up.....Just once :

– Right-click on the executable file for the game
– Select the Compatibility tab and then check Disable desktop composition
– Press OK to close the properties dialog and then run the game
– Typical screenshot methods should work now.

Then after pressing the PrintScreen button on you keyboard your can just paste the screen shot in Paint or whatever.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”