How do i take a screenshot??

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: How do i take a screenshot??

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Fletchette wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:I'm having the hardest time with trying to get a screen capture. I'm on windows 7.

When I press 'prt sc', it copies what's on the desctop (not the game).
If I press 'alt+prt sc' it copies the window (either the hunter website window that launches the game or the main menue sreen but not the game). If I close out the window that has the hunter website and have only the 'game window' open only it then copies the desktop and not the game.

I just want to be able to take pictures in my trophy lodges. We have the 'camera' for out in the field. I just wish I could have the camera also work in the trophy lodge and have the pictures go to my gallery in the game.

It would be great if EW could add it's own 'print screen' option in the game.
Option #1 : Start the game in Windowed Mode, or if you started it in Full Screen, press <Alt><Enter> to switch to windowed mode. PrintScreen should now work, and show the game rather than the desktop behind the game.

Option #2 : This works for Windows 7, but not Windows 10.

– Right-click on the executable file for the game ("theHunter.exe")
– Select the Compatibility tab and then check Disable desktop composition
– Press OK to close the properties dialog and then run the game
– Typical screenshot methods should work now.

Option #3 : If you have a 600 or above NVidia graphics card and have the NVidia Gaming experience installed, The ShadowPlay/Share function will take screen shots as well as record video. I believe the shortcut is <Alt><F1> to take a screenshot.
Thanks for the help! Option #1 works just fine for me and was very simple. :)
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

If you've installed THC through steam use f12 key for a screenshot. Then open Steam go to View > Screenshots and you can save your screenshot.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
zainlian

Post by zainlian »

steam F12

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”