Ask Me Anything with Andrés & Danny

Collection of useful resources, including forum info and functionality, Dev AMAs and everything else you want to have a quick access to.
Andres Hansson
EW Staff
EW Staff

Ask Me Anything with Andrés & Danny

Post by Andres Hansson »

Please post your questions to us in this thread.

The rules:
• Our Code of Conduct applies
• No tech support and bugs related questions, as these usually require a thorough personal investigation and we have specific channels for those type of queries (customer support and Bug Reports forum)
• No opinionated questions
• Do not repost your question multiple times
• All questions may be asked, but not all questions may be answered. Questions will not necessarily be answered in the order in which they’re posted.

The thread will be unlocked for questions from 09:30 CEST October 3rd until 09:30 CEST on October 5th.

Andrés & Danny, Client programmers at Expansive Worlds
Ragnarifle
Tracker

Re: Ask Me Anything with Andrés & Danny

Post by Ragnarifle »

Answer honestly, How many alcoholic beverages do you think you could consume before you where physically unable to perform your job?

Is there any plan for a join on friend function for the NEAR future?
Last edited by Ragnarifle on October 3rd, 2014, 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gooseman81
Outfitter

Post by Gooseman81 »

Hey you two,

first of thank you, for answering the "ask me anything" question's..so here we go...

- Multiplayer has been out for a while now and while there are still some tweaks to do with it, but it runs prety well so far,..how likeley is it that multiplay will get a major improvement in the next 6-12 Months, like introducing real Team Competitions or realising hunting club to boost the "WE-Feel" in the community, and add some spice (some ver hot^^) to the MP expirience?

- i really like the new weapons and stuff you guys dish out but i would also like to some "real" Hunting stuff once in a while (couldnt remeber that we had soem sponsor stuff this year) because i think it bridges the gab between game an reality when you use some stuff that ecxists in real life...how do you yous think?

- beeing calles the "Mr. fixit" Guys...how do you fell about the mood of the community regarding bugs "like please no more new stuff fix the old first"...in my HUMBLE opinion, i really seldom encounter major/gamebreaking bugs...

- if you could change one major thing in the game or the client just by thinking...what would it be?

- beeing some of EW and the Hunters Vets..How do you feel about the development of the hunter and its community looking back over the years...

- where do you see the Hunter in 1-2 years...

thanks again guys
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Will there ever be a adjustment to the sound of rain when it really starts to come down , drowning out all other sounds in game ?

I am Ok some rain now and then however IMO when it happens over and over in same hunt starting and stopping ever five minutes drowning out all other sounds in game it gets a bit much, just saying it has been one of the biggest complained about thing in game from members for years.

It can be so frustrating that most players just start a new game, IMO if sound levels was lowered it would be much better and more acceptable to players.
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeman »

There are a couble of things that have been asked fore many times..

1* Will there be made a way to dress up in a "reserve required" clothe with 1 click, - byside the individual choises ?
The current system is very good fore indvidual choise of clothing but "reserve" buttons will make it mutch easyere to quickly change the whole reserve set.

2* Will there be made a remote bait/feeder system ?
I know this is on the "to do - list".... but will it get a higher priority ?
It is becomming a bit annoying and time consuming with 8 reserves to maintain and a very slow way to change clothes.

3* Will there be a collour choise fore the blinking indicator/cone on the Huntermate ?
The way it is now it is very hard to see the clues on the HM (Especialy on VdB).

4* Is it possible to make a number system fore spawntents ?
It would be mutch easyere to explain where my guests should start from in a MP game if I could say: "You start from tent 3 an RFF map"... and it will be easyere to guide a guest to: "Climbing rope 5..."
Numbers would allso be helpfull with other world items.. the same way.

5* Lower the sound of heavy rain (and how often it rains) in the game ?
The sound of heavy rain is not a problem when I have the game sound on speakers... But it is a realy anoying loud sound when I use headphones... and I do that in MP and when I am talking to peoble ingame.

It is the sound of heavy rain... There is in the game a more softly, gentle rain.. Thats perfect when using headphones.

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
EclipseStar
Hunter

Post by EclipseStar »

I have 4 questions.

-Why the climbing gear just why? If not for realism for what, because it isn't realistic to be able to haul climbing gear, a gun and other hunting equipment along with an ibex up and down a mountain certainly not while climbing. Also I just really don't like it and I know I'm not the only one.

-Why are some bugs seemingly ignored? I am talking about the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader, of which the loading animation is bugged since it's release and I know that you guys know.
(this question while bug related is asking why you are not doing anything to fix this, not about the bug itself) Can't get any answers from other channels about this.

-Also I understand that it would take too much work to change all the seasons to the right hunting seasons but Ibex is hunted from September through December, summer was once again the wrong choice for the reserve, why do you keep making summer reserves?

-Why does it rain so much on Hirschfelden? Were it not for the rain it would've been my favourite reserve...
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

my questions for both Andrés & Danny :mrgreen:

- if you could create a reserve based on a real world location (africa/australia/etc) what would it be?

- if you could create any huntable species that doesnt already exist what would it be?

- if you could add any gun to the game that doesnt already exist what would it be?

Last edited by beamstas on October 3rd, 2014, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProGearHunter
Tracker

Post by ProGearHunter »

Thanks for your time guys, I have 3 questions :)

1) Game Engine.

What does the near future look like, do we get a new Game Engine? (DirectX 11-12)

2) Animal Animations.

Bears cluttering the river for food, maybe use the salmon we already have :)
Bears standing on the back legs in different animationes.
Different animals fight each other.
Generally more life in animations.

3) Weather systems.

Thunder storms, and lightning.
Strong storms.
Heavy snow storms.
Heavy Fog.
Last edited by ProGearHunter on October 3rd, 2014, 9:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Hello :)

Do you plan to implant a weapon-rest for the tower?

Thx
Regards Peter
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Hubert_L

Post by Hubert_L »

Hey Guys,
Are you planning some work with the client, ex. implement offline gameplay?

Wysłane z mojego Lenovo S820

Return to “Official Game and Forum Information”