Ask Me Anything with David NAOutdoors

Collection of useful resources, including forum info and functionality, Dev AMAs and everything else you want to have a quick access to.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Ask Me Anything with David NAOutdoors

Post by ronMctube »

just mirror what abslayer says. not well known about, never champions anything he does but probably one of the most important people here and very helpful.

would be great to see more about you and your hunter knowledge. very accomplished more than many here but many dont know this which i think is valuable information ;) .

look forward to this ama more than normal ;)
extremebowhunter12
Hunter

Post by extremebowhunter12 »

I got several questions for ya

could game trails from animals be on the reserves anytime soon? yes this is a shot in the dark as nothing been said but it would add a lot of realism, especially with whitetail as they don't stray far from trails and even when spooked will take the trail as they know where it goes.

possible that we will receive a salt lick, or corn or something for other animals like deer for the use of the hog feeder? was said more types of bait may be added later for the feeder, yet to see anything and I ask why we haven't?

same situation here with the semi-auto shotgun, said to maybe have more ammo in the future for it, I bought it mainly for that reason and yet to see more ammo. so the question is why and will there be more ammo for it?

bjorn who was working on the penetration of weapons and was converting them over to a new penetration/realistic system. has yet to do birdshot and bows... so it said this may fix the penetration problems of the bows. how well will these be fixed to say? will we have a lot closer to penetration as of irl? could it be easily possible to double lung a whitetail doe at 60 yards and pass through with plenty of power left and a good shot placement with the 60lb parker that shoots 260fps? cause I did so irl with my 60lb martin Bengal pro that shoots 239fps with a 360gr goldtip expedition hunter arrow at a 26" draw length. also you think it would be possible to at least get lungs on deer at 40+ meters with the recurve and what not? overall make it so bows are a lot more realistic. as to me bowhunting is up close but those 50-70yard shots I wont pass up irl if its a "give me shot", as I practice a lot so shots like that I do good on. also what you think of all of this and how realistic do you think our bowhunting is already based off penetration and what not?

do you know what's the exact problems in why we don't have dogs yet, they said I think to believe they had technical problems before but weren't to specific I believe. any light to shed upon us on that matter and if things are being resolved?

will we get elk that are able to "chuckle" in game. patterns can very in how they chuckle, they can have a small chuckle then go to a bugle or bugle and end with a chuckle, or just do a chuckle. I asked this before and he said its interesting but yet to see anything for it, idk how long it takes to add the animation and sound but I have been hoping on every update we have had. as a real life elk hunter and not have it in game... it kinda is disappointing.

will we receive anything that can be used as faster transportation, like and atv, jeep, truck, horse, boat, etc. in the near future?

will older animals keep being added more animations and sounds to make it more realistic?

as I think you know irl, if you hit an animal and runs off and piles up, when it piles up within your hearing range of this, you hear a thud with whatever plants/objects its by, whether its twigs, leaves, water, etc. could something like this be added to game, so far I have never seen anyone comment on something like this on the forums but I would like to see it be added as its common irl.

how realistic you guys plan to take this game? this game is going great so far but so much can still be added as towards realism.

what have you hunted irl and what have you contributed to the game based off your real life experience?

that's all the questions I got for ya, thank you for your time reading and your time putting into this. Happy huntin to you!
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

As you deal with support, I will change my normal question to if you could hunt one community member, who would it be?

As rough percentage, how many support queries are actually necessary and how many do you you want to send back a "let me google that for you" link?
KenpoSensei
Outfitter

Post by KenpoSensei »

abslayer wrote:Hi David no Questions just want to let you know how much I and I am sure any one how plays TH appreciates your work and help with problem in game.
Have a good day Bud 8-)
Well said!!!
DriftPrize
Hunter

Post by DriftPrize »

Hi David,
1. Beer or Liquor?
2. You prefer being lone wolf or team player?
3. Have you went abroad? Which place is the fun to go?
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

As others have said, we really appreciate your hard work and contributions in our
wonderful game, David.

A couple quick questions:
1.Do the Devs have future plans to add non-typicals (wt, md, and bt) into our game?
Imo, not matter how good a deer hunting game is,.....it's not complete without NT'S.

2. Because the ground work has been done (for a long time) with mushrooms, pumpkins,
etc will SHEDS (Deer antlers that have been dropped by bucks after fall rut for those not
in the know), be added in our game? This addition would be lots of fun if so, with many
different missions, comps, etc.

Thank you, my long time friend. ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Hey David,
Thanx for all you are doing here!!!
Questions;
Are you responsible for this web site = http://maps.naoutdoors.com/ if so, is there plans to complete it? Because it is VERY COOL!!!
I am also curious about the "sheds" and non-typicals.

Thanx again,
Paul
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
riffraff24
Tracker

Post by riffraff24 »

Hello,

When harvesting animals, you get the calculating score timer thingy.
Is there actually something being calculated, or is it cosmetic?
When harvesting goose for example, sometimes the score appears directly, and sometimes it takes 5 or 6 seconds.
Why would there be a difference, if it is the same animals shot with the same gun and ammo?

Thank you.
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

ChrisMK72 wrote:Hey David,

i still have a question that i don't know to 100%.

It's about 3D Camouflage.

Is there a clear way to find out if i'm in a "forest area" or "field area" ?

I only ask because it's clear when you are in a deep forest, that you are in a "forest area", but when you leave a deep forest and you are still in an area with some trees, and not in the open, how can i see if this counts as a "forest area" ?

Is it enough when i'm beside a single tree, or some trees, or must it be a deep wood ?

Or maybe is there a way on the map to check if it counts as a "forest area" ? Lighter, darker areas ?

There is a Sneaky 3D Fall Field Camouflage too. Are the borders between the fields, where trees and bushes are, open field or forest areas ?
I talk about these areas :

If you don't know the answer, maybe you can use your connections to the team to shed some light upon my question ? :)
That would be great.

Thank you in advance!

Chris :-)
Hi david;

I'd like to add to Chris' request that not only the sneaky fall camo be clarified, but also the blinds and winter camo that state they are active in "forest" areas. Would all of hemmeldal be considered "forest" or only areas that have trees? Its extremely unclear where the camo works and ive heard many different opinions from diferent players regarding the issue all of which are incredibly inconsistent. A comment on the differnce between "forest" and "field" areas would be much appreciated.

Cheers,brad.

Sent from my GT-S7500T
NAOutdoors
Master Hunter

Post by NAOutdoors »

Hi everyone. There are a lot of interesting questions being asked and I am looking forward to answering those that I can. Unfortunately, some that are being asked I will not be able to answer due to they are game design related and bug fix "when" dates that I too, like you do not know. Please understand that I am not in Sweden where I have access to the rest of the development team first hand, I am in the USA and communicate with the team via Skype, Google Talk and email. I am mentioning this now so not to disappoint anyone with not being able to answer some of the questions asked.

Return to “Official Game and Forum Information”